Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

100% for Klein

14% for Dodson

0% for T. Brenard   

That is sad.

Even sadder, come the draft next year(after Edmunds goes to UFA), it will be a tough decision for McD and Beane...DL, LB, CB or S in Round 1(rinse and repeat for remainder of draft).

Be prepared for another season of Allen having no time to throw because Beane looks to solve the IOL woes via dumpster diving.

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm afraid that Devante Parker may have a career game next week. Dane is having trouble adjusting to the ball, especially jump balls. This is a big part of Parker's game. Hopefully Frazier figures something out

Think teams notices this? When Shakir's in the game he's either used to block or decoy. 

or he simply isnt doing enough to get a target.  only the all22 knows.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Just view me as a voice of reason to all this unrealistic optimism. For example, week after week people here predict Bills blowouts despite all the injuries. Lions game because defense is bad, Browns game because defense is bad, Vikings game because they haven't beaten anyone, Jets game because Wilson stinks, etc...This week how many will be predicting a Bills blowout vs NE? Jones noodle arm can't beat the Bills. 

Bills 41

NE 10. 

8 - 3

That is the reality.  Last season we were 7-4 on our way to 7-6.  Chill out with your oh woe is me crusade.  The Bills are finding ways to win period

• Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

100% for Klein

14% for Dodson

0% for T. Brenard   

That is sad.

Klein was huge. Very good in run sport and competent in coverage. 

Dodson is an utter disappointment, and isn’t even going to be tendered as an RFA after this season.

Bernard is still a raw rookie, and so the jury is still out.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

That's very fair. However, this season the injuries just keep mounting and seemingly won't stop. Now, add in Von Miller to the mix. Just seems like the football gods have spoken. 

Allen is hurt and who knows if he will fully recover this season. It seems like the kind of injury that will linger until the season is over. Hope I'm wrong there because the Bills need a heathly Allen to make a deep run. This version on Allen just won't cut it.

Agree about the Bills wins. They deserve credit for winning despite the extreme negative circumstances and injuries. Coaching has been sub par but winning certainly over shadows their mistakes. I'd add it's more difficult to win with your back ups. So maybe the coaches deserve some slack. Dorsey seems to be learning on the job and Fraizer has been pretty solid the last 2 games with his adjustments. Stopping Chubb shouldn't go unnoticed and he put more pressure on Geoff towards the end of the game.  However, let's take a step back and look at their last 2 wins. The Browns just aren't that good. They find ways to lose. The Lions defense is one of the worst in the league and they played without twi starting Oline man and their best CB. They are the classic example of a young talented team that finds ways to lose. The Bill played most of yesterday's game looking flat, spent, and going through the motions. I was watching and hoping the Bills with Allen could generate a win somehow someway. My prayers were answered. The Bills gutted our a win that they probably should have lost. That does say a lot about the team and the coaches. Good teams find ways to win and vice versa. Yesterday was a classic example if that. 

With that said, a healthy Bills team is extremely dangerous. I'd argue they would be the team to beat. The unknown answer is how heathly will they be? 

Injuries are just the luck of the draw.  Most of these injuries are just sprained ankle, hammies, etc.  Those players will be back. Dont know about Von.  I dont take any stock in online doctors.  Hopefully his MRI shows good and he is back by playoffs or even before.  Allen's injury isnt as severe as the online doctors all screamed.  I expect it gets better over time.  If he starts throwing regularly in practice then its pretty obviously getting better as he didnt throw in practice since the injury other than this one last practice before Detroit.

For everything going on this year and as sloppy as its looked this team is better than last season.  These are games the Bills would have lost last season.  They are far more resillient this year.

59 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

So you just casually dismiss the game the Chargers played vs the Chiefs who are arguably the best team in the league. Get out of here.

I compared Herbert to Geoff not Allen. No way in hell are the Lions more dangerous than the Chargers. You can spin it any way you like. I disagree and I'll leave it at that. Sometimes it's ok to say you exgerrated or was wrong. I've admitted my wrongdoings several times. 

The Bills beat the Chiefs man.  Like WTF?  The Chargers are the same team they have been... play a lot of close games and come out on the wrong side of them.  All the things you want to say the Bills are is exactly what the Chargers ACTUALLY have been.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Anyone notice our great "ST only guys" Neal & Jones both whiff on the punt returner near the end of the 3rd quarter which led to the Lions go ahead TD at the time?  Good thing they are both gifted roster spots because of their outstanding abilities on ST.  

Yeah,I noted that. 

For an “elite” gunner, Jones seems to have zero effect on any games. 

54 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Dane and Benford can be fine when we have two All-Pro LB’s, a top tier nickel corner, a top 5 DL and two elite safeties behind them. 

Edmunds takes away the middle of the field.  Safeties protect over the top.  Our corners weren’t asked to do a ton. 

However, we’re seeing that these guys are good depth/fringe starters but were able to be hidden by McD and Frazier due to scheme and talent around them. 

Without the talent around them .. we’re seeing what they are… a depth corner and an unproven late round rookie. 

They compete and try hard, but yes I agree, they tend to trail the play and as we know Jackson doesn’t get his head around and locate the football.

They lack that elite closing speed. 

50 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

8 - 3

That is the reality.  Last season we were 7-4 on our way to 7-6.  Chill out with your oh woe is me crusade.  The Bills are finding ways to win period

Shhh, if you don't admit the season is over and the Bills won't even make the playoffs you're a Polyana. It's your duty as a loser fan to always assume failure, put down everything you can and demand others to do the same. 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

They compete and try hard, but yes I agree, they tend to trail the play and as we know Jackson doesn’t get his head around and locate the football.

They lack that elite closing speed

But other than that he’s solid. 😂

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Injuries are just the luck of the draw.  Most of these injuries are just sprained ankle, hammies, etc.  Those players will be back. Dont know about Von.  I dont take any stock in online doctors.  Hopefully his MRI shows good and he is back by playoffs or even before.  Allen's injury isnt as severe as the online doctors all screamed.  I expect it gets better over time.  If he starts throwing regularly in practice then its pretty obviously getting better as he didnt throw in practice since the injury other than this one last practice before Detroit.

For everything going on this year and as sloppy as its looked this team is better than last season.  These are games the Bills would have lost last season.  They are far more resillient this year.

The Bills beat the Chiefs man.  Like WTF?  The Chargers are the same team they have been... play a lot of close games and come out on the wrong side of them.  All the things you want to say the Bills are is exactly what the Chargers ACTUALLY have been.

Scott with respect I never said the Bills don't beat the Chargers. I think the Chargers would be a dangerous team in the playoffs. They have Herbert, Allen, Williams, Eckler, Mack, and Derwin James. Add in Joey Bosa and they will be a tough out. It remains to be seen how healthy they can get and if they can get over the choke mentality. My main compliant was a poster was  trying to say the Lions were a more dangerous team. Imho, it's simply not true. 

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Scott with respect I never said the Bills don't beat the Chargers. I think the Chargers would be a dangerous team in the playoffs. They have Herbert, Allen, Williams, Eckler, Mack, and Derwin James. Add in Joey Bosa and they will be a tough out. It remains to be seen how healthy they can get and if they can get over the choke mentality. My main compliant was a poster was  trying to say the Lions were a more dangerous team. Imho, it's simply not true. 

Subjective.  Chargers have avgeraged 22.7 ppg on the season and are 5-5.  I'll believe they might be a threat in the playoffs if they actually get there and win a game.  Personally I think Herbert is over rated.  He makes some nice wow throws but he doesnt seem to have any dawg in him.  Gotta have the dawg.  The desire to win.  I just dont see it.  

I see a guy that is mechanically sound and has a good arm but again, no dawg. He is pretty much a statue back there with not much mobility.  When he does run he Kyle Ortons it.  Multiple times I seen him slide a yard short of the first down with guys still 2 yards a way with the game on the line.

Im not saying he is a bad QB. He is very very good.  I cant call him elite.  He has an elite throw but I dont think he has an elite game.  Just my opinion.  Some would agree. Probably more wont.  Thats ok.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Subjective.  Chargers have avgeraged 22.7 ppg on the season and are 5-5.  I'll believe they might be a threat in the playoffs if they actually get there and win a game.  Personally I think Herbert is over rated.  He makes some nice wow throws but he doesnt seem to have any dawg in him.  Gotta have the dawg.  The desire to win.  I just dont see it.  I see a guy that is mechanically sound and has a good arm but again, no dawg.

The Chargers have been hit with the injury bug perhaps worse than Buffalo. Herbert was out for games and played hurt, Allen was out forever, Williams always banged up, and Bosa out for 8-10 weeks. I find it hypocritical to give the Bills a pass for injuries but not the Chargers. That gives merit to the great job the Bills team and coaches are doing finding ways to win. However, those injuries the Chargers have suffered would be in line with having Diggs, Davis Von Miller, and Allen out. Point being the Chargers list their number 1 and 2 receivers and their best pass rusher for significant amounts of time. It's hard to win with those injuries. 

Not sure why or where the lack of dog in Herbert comes from. I see a very good QB that most teams would be happy to start their roster with. Perhaps we are just spoiled by having Allen. I'm here in SD and watch all their games. Herbert is as tough as nails. He isn't afraid to stand in the pocket take a hit and fire the ball. Herbert is developing and a very good QB. I think the Chargers have a sub par coach, never play a home, and have a losing culture. Herbert is anything but the problem in SD. I know you didn't say that. 

Edited by newcam2012

3 hours ago, muppy said:

There is likely not another single team in the NFL as despised by their original fanbase than the "Los Angeles Chaagaahs" I hope the non playoff appearance carries on. It is SWEET Karma after what they did to the people of Americas Finest city. SMH Pathetic. Vent/

Stan Kroenke, Jerry Jones, & Roger Goodell will make damn sure the Chargers get in, just to justify the move to LA. There, I said it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Subjective.  Chargers have avgeraged 22.7 ppg on the season and are 5-5.  I'll believe they might be a threat in the playoffs if they actually get there and win a game.  Personally I think Herbert is over rated.  He makes some nice wow throws but he doesnt seem to have any dawg in him.  Gotta have the dawg.  The desire to win.  I just dont see it.  

I see a guy that is mechanically sound and has a good arm but again, no dawg. He is pretty much a statue back there with not much mobility.  When he does run he Kyle Ortons it.  Multiple times I seen him slide a yard short of the first down with guys still 2 yards a way with the game on the line.

Im not saying he is a bad QB. He is very very good.  I cant call him elite.  He has an elite throw but I dont think he has an elite game.  Just my opinion.  Some would agree. Probably more wont.  Thats ok.

Herbert is very reminiscent of his predecessor Phillip Rivers in both look great but seemed to lack that end game killer gene, we've all seen it in Brady. Manning, Mahomes and Allen but like you I feel he just lacks something.  

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.