Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

The Chargers are ALWAYS seen as a playoff team yet NEVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! There probably isn’t a more overrated team in the league, and the Chiefs barely beat them. I am not saying the Lions are a playoff team but at this point in the season they are a more dangerous team than the Chargers are 

There is likely not another single team in the NFL as despised by their original fanbase than the "Los Angeles Chaagaahs" I hope the non playoff appearance carries on. It is SWEET Karma after what they did to the people of Americas Finest city. SMH Pathetic. Vent/

Edited by muppy

The Chargers are ALWAYS seen as a playoff team yet NEVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! There probably isn’t a more overrated team in the league, and the Chiefs barely beat them. I am not saying the Lions are a playoff team but at this point in the season they are a more dangerous team than the Chargers are 

Be careful what you ask for. The Chargers might very well play the Bills in a playoff game. Also, there is no way in hell that the Lions are a more dangerous team than the Chargers. Allen and Williams are getting healthy. Herbert is moons better than Geoff and Eckler is explosive. The Lions defense is one of the worst in the league. 

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Thank God we have you to tell us what reality is.

Without you I'd foolishly think that we are still an elite team dealing with lot of unluck and adversity.

Just view me as a voice of reason to all this unrealistic optimism. For example, week after week people here predict Bills blowouts despite all the injuries. Lions game because defense is bad, Browns game because defense is bad, Vikings game because they haven't beaten anyone, Jets game because Wilson stinks, etc...This week how many will be predicting a Bills blowout vs NE? Jones noodle arm can't beat the Bills. 

Bills 41

NE 10. 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Be careful what you ask for. The Chargers might very well play the Bills in a playoff game. Also, there is no way in hell that the Lions are a more dangerous team than the Chargers. Allen and Williams are getting healthy. Herbert is moons better than Geoff and Eckler is explosive. The Lions defense is one of the worst in the league. 

Williams literally got re-injured on his first catch against the Chiefs. 

Chargers are talented. Tons of injuries.  

Something is off with them/Herbert.  Herbert can make the Allen throws, but when your QB slides in big moments, one yard short of the first down, I don’t know … Might be a microcosm of why they don’t seem to have “it”. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Something is off with them/Herbert.  Herbert can make the Allen throws, but when your QB slides in big moments, one yard short of the first down, I don’t know … Might be a microcosm of why they don’t seem to have “it”. 

They don't scare me in the slightest. Staley is one of the worst coaches in the league. The Chargers have a collection of individual talent, and that's it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Knox's lack of involvement in this offense is definitely one of the biggest disappointments this season. $13M is a lot to pay for a blocking TE.

I am interested to see how his involvement goes the rest of this season, and next, but if his lack of targets continues as it has been through 10 games, it is a contract that never should have been offered to him.  I've said it multiple times, the GM and coaches need to be on the same page.  If the coaches don't want him to be a focal point of the offense, than that message should have been relayed to Beane.

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

What have the Chargers shown at all this season that makes them a playoff team? They have 1 win this season by more than 1 score, but have a couple of losses by over 10 points. Allen and Williams can never stay healthy, and as talented as Herbert is, I do think right now he is overrated. He can make some great throws but I have pretty much zero confidence that he could win a game like Josh did yesterday. I would love for a healthy Bills team to see them in the playoffs.

And what I’m saying is that right now, the Lions are a more dangerous team. Yes the defense is bad but their offense is clicking much better than the Chargers are 

5 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

We won.

We shouldn't give a F what any pundit thinks. These games are difficult. We lost Von Miller most likely for the rest of the year. Oh well. Gotta carry on. Next man up type steez.

Keep grinding it out. These wins are gonna be ugly from here on out. We really do have the toughest schedule and obstacles this year.

Says who? He walked out of the locker room without a boot.

I tried watching Shakir on a couple of routes (as well as you can until he’s out of the screen) and it looks like he struggles to get separation. That being said on Josh’s touchdown when he dropped the snap, Shakir made a nice move to get wide open, I wonder if the play was designed to go to him

Unless it is zone or a broken coverage, how often does a WR get that much separation on any given play?  It is the QB's job to fit the ball into tight spaces.

20 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Main difference is Allen will run through a brick wall to win a game, Herbert not so much. Talent is one thing but you also need a certain amount of intestinal fortitude.

10 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Very strange way of looking at this.  I think you can do better.  Let me help 😃

The Lions are not as mediocre as their record.  They do have a really really good offense and lost some very close games. Sometimes the ball just bounces that way.

The Bills, also banged up on both sides of the ball including QB are finding ways to still win.  While also losing a home game, having 1 practice per week the last two weeks and a QB that doesnt throw in practice at all.

I think most of these players are going to be back by the playoffs and the Bills just need to find ways to win until then.  There are no style points with the injuries we have.  Just keep winning.

If anything its a credit to this coaching staff, the depth Beane put together, and the resillience of our players getting to 8-3.

You're welcome friend.

That's very fair. However, this season the injuries just keep mounting and seemingly won't stop. Now, add in Von Miller to the mix. Just seems like the football gods have spoken. 

Allen is hurt and who knows if he will fully recover this season. It seems like the kind of injury that will linger until the season is over. Hope I'm wrong there because the Bills need a heathly Allen to make a deep run. This version on Allen just won't cut it.

Agree about the Bills wins. They deserve credit for winning despite the extreme negative circumstances and injuries. Coaching has been sub par but winning certainly over shadows their mistakes. I'd add it's more difficult to win with your back ups. So maybe the coaches deserve some slack. Dorsey seems to be learning on the job and Fraizer has been pretty solid the last 2 games with his adjustments. Stopping Chubb shouldn't go unnoticed and he put more pressure on Geoff towards the end of the game.  However, let's take a step back and look at their last 2 wins. The Browns just aren't that good. They find ways to lose. The Lions defense is one of the worst in the league and they played without twi starting Oline man and their best CB. They are the classic example of a young talented team that finds ways to lose. The Bill played most of yesterday's game looking flat, spent, and going through the motions. I was watching and hoping the Bills with Allen could generate a win somehow someway. My prayers were answered. The Bills gutted our a win that they probably should have lost. That does say a lot about the team and the coaches. Good teams find ways to win and vice versa. Yesterday was a classic example if that. 

With that said, a healthy Bills team is extremely dangerous. I'd argue they would be the team to beat. The unknown answer is how heathly will they be? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

What have the Chargers shown at all this season that makes them a playoff team? They have 1 win this season by more than 1 score, but have a couple of losses by over 10 points. Allen and Williams can never stay healthy, and as talented as Herbert is, I do think right now he is overrated. He can make some great throws but I have pretty much zero confidence that he could win a game like Josh did yesterday. I would love for a healthy Bills team to see them in the playoffs.

And what I’m saying is that right now, the Lions are a more dangerous team. Yes the defense is bad but their offense is clicking much better than the Chargers are 

So you just casually dismiss the game the Chargers played vs the Chiefs who are arguably the best team in the league. Get out of here.

I compared Herbert to Geoff not Allen. No way in hell are the Lions more dangerous than the Chargers. You can spin it any way you like. I disagree and I'll leave it at that. Sometimes it's ok to say you exgerrated or was wrong. I've admitted my wrongdoings several times. 

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

This angle makes it even more impressive- looking left the whole first part of the play then just launches it down the middle to where Stef will be.  Crazy

Agree... Watching on TV I wondered why he didn't go to Gabe as it looked like he could have taken it to the EZ.  This angle shows the safety coming over top preventing any deep downfield throw for Davis..   Couldn't see that on the TV angle. 

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I liked that missing so many Dlineman Ed Oliver stepped up big.  He was a force on the field with Milano.  With the injuries on defense Im not going to expect the replacements to make the plays.  The last few weeks im disappointed most with Jackson and Johnson.  They are 2/5 of the starting secondary.  I expect Benford, Elam, and Hamlin to get picked on.  Cleveland and Detriot got numeros plays on both Jackson and Johnson.  They seem to be treading water or struggling with there new primary roles.  If White gets back to a majority snap count I rotate Benford and Elam in with Jackson.  

Still, I’m not going to get overly disappointed with a 6th rounder from Villanova and a 7th rounder from Pittsburgh. 

They’ve done what they can and have taken the Bills as far as they can. 

In short order we have two corners with first round SEC pedigree coming back in to replace these guys. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

So you just casually dismiss the game the Chargers played vs the Chiefs who are arguably the best team in the league. Get out of here.

I compared Herbert to Geoff not Allen. No way in hell are the Lions more dangerous than the Chargers. You can spin it any way you like. I disagree and I'll leave it at that. Sometimes it's ok to say you exgerrated or was wrong. I've admitted my wrongdoings several times. 

Ahhh there’s the poster I’m used to reading, continually spinning comments to fit your agenda. I didn’t mention any teams specifically, I said they have one win that was over 1 score but a couple of losses over 10. They played a decent game against the Chiefs the other day, and still lost….again. I said Herbert is talented but overrated, don’t know how you can dispute that. Yes I do think that if those 2 teams played 10 time right now, I believe the Chargers would win 5 times at most. Not really sure what spin I’m trying to put in anything but read it how you want 

Bills have won cosecutive games in Detroit while Lions haven't done that since 2016 hahaha. 

Kinda like that stat that Brady had more TD passes in Buffalo than any Bills QB since he was a rookie

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Still, I’m not going to get overly disappointed with a 6th rounder from Villanova and a 7th rounder from Pittsburgh. 

They’ve done what they can and have taken the Bills as far as they can. 

In short order we have two corners with first round SEC pedigree coming back in to replace these guys. 

Dane and Benford can be fine when we have two All-Pro LB’s, a top tier nickel corner, a top 5 DL and two elite safeties behind them. 

Edmunds takes away the middle of the field.  Safeties protect over the top.  Our corners weren’t asked to do a ton. 

However, we’re seeing that these guys are good depth/fringe starters but were able to be hidden by McD and Frazier due to scheme and talent around them. 

Without the talent around them .. we’re seeing what they are… a depth corner and an unproven late round rookie. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.