Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Did you hear what Romo said about Allen's throw? 

Plus, your comparassion is a bit disingenuous. The Chargers are seen by many as a playoff contender and dangerous if heathly. No one really considers the Lions as such. Add in the Lion injuries too. 

Lastly, Mahomes is out playing Allen despite losing to the Bills. With that said, Allen's throw to Diggs was tremoundous!

The Chargers are ALWAYS seen as a playoff team yet NEVER MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! There probably isn’t a more overrated team in the league, and the Chiefs barely beat them. I am not saying the Lions are a playoff team but at this point in the season they are a more dangerous team than the Chargers are 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sounds like it was a pitch count for both White and Elam.

Didnt notice White at all when he was out there, which I suppose could be a good thing. 

For most of the game it was just a repeat of the Dane Jackson gets roasted show. 

snap count

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are missing the point. In fact, you make my point even stronger. The Bills played a mediocre Lions team who were hurt on both sides of the ball. The Bills weren't able to control the game and in fact struggled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were very fortunate to win today. Point being with all the Bills injuries they are not a great team. Not a team who can make a run to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking the Bills can is out of touch with reality. 

I guess that means the Eagles, Dolphins and Vikings aren’t making Super Bowl runs this year because they barely beat the Lions too when healthy.

image.png

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This game really showed me how important the slot receiver is to Josh Allen and this offense. I've noticed how different the offense looks without Crowder. Since his injury the offense has been sporadic. McKenzie/Shakir has filled in for spot duty, but has been inconsistent. Yesterday's game and the Pittsburgh game insinuated the need for a capable, consistent slot receiver

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

For most of the game it was just a repeat of the Dane Jackson gets roasted show.

I'm afraid that Devante Parker may have a career game next week. Dane is having trouble adjusting to the ball, especially jump balls. This is a big part of Parker's game. Hopefully Frazier figures something out

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Shakir 34 snaps 0 targets

Think teams notices this? When Shakir's in the game he's either used to block or decoy. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Shakir 34 snaps 0 targets, damn. Hines 4 snaps, it's pretty clear at this point he's strictly a return man.

I tried watching Shakir on a couple of routes (as well as you can until he’s out of the screen) and it looks like he struggles to get separation. That being said on Josh’s touchdown when he dropped the snap, Shakir made a nice move to get wide open, I wonder if the play was designed to go to him

Josh almost never looks Shakir’s way. Whether that’s Shakir’s fault for not getting open, I don’t know, I don’t have the All-22. It’s almost exclusively, Diggs, Davis, and (insert running back here). Knox only gets a couple looks himself.

7 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Josh almost never looks Shakir’s way. Whether that’s Shakir’s fault for not getting open, I don’t know, I don’t have the All-22. It’s almost exclusively, Diggs, Davis, and (insert running back here). Knox only gets a couple looks himself.

Anybody here watch Dallas and wonder why we can’t scheme up stuff for Knox like they did their TE? 

Everything we run seems like it’s our guy has to win his matchup, even Knox .. whereas I watch all these other teams scheme guys open.  

I don’t get it.  Maybe we’re all overly critical, and we do move the ball, but unless we unleash Allen to run/throw at will, everything seems like we’re playing the opp on expert level.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Anybody here watch Dallas and wonder why we can’t scheme up stuff for Knox like they did their TE? 

Everything we run seems like it’s our guy has to win his matchup, even Knox .. whereas I watch all these other teams scheme guys open.  

I don’t get it.  Maybe we’re all overly critical, and we do move the ball, but unless we unleash Allen to run/throw at will, everything seems like we’re playing the opp on expert level.  

What amazes me is that one of the very few times they actually seemed to scheme someone open, they scored a touchdown! They knew Diggs would be doubled, McKenzie ran right behind the double team and was wide open!

I liked that missing so many Dlineman Ed Oliver stepped up big.  He was a force on the field with Milano.  With the injuries on defense Im not going to expect the replacements to make the plays.  The last few weeks im disappointed most with Jackson and Johnson.  They are 2/5 of the starting secondary.  I expect Benford, Elam, and Hamlin to get picked on.  Cleveland and Detriot got numeros plays on both Jackson and Johnson.  They seem to be treading water or struggling with there new primary roles.  If White gets back to a majority snap count I rotate Benford and Elam in with Jackson.  

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yes, no one watches film on Buffalo and comes away with we have to stop Singletary and Cook to win.  Allen is a threat running as well.  If I play Buffalo backside end goes Allen than recover.  Without the defense crashing to stop the run that play is rather useless.  

Knox seems to be helping more in pass protection than under Daboll as well.  He is helping Brown on what seems like most pass plays.  My main take away is I want to see Cook used more traditionally.  That will allow the plays on the edge to have a larger impact.   

Edited by Mat68

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Yes, no one watches film on Buffalo and comes away with we have to stop Singletary and Cook to win.  Allen is a threat running as well.  If I play Buffalo backside end goes Allen than recover.  Without the defense crashing to stop the run that play is rather useless.  

Knox seems to be helping more in pass protection than under Daboll as well.  He is helping Brown on what seems like most pass plays.  My main take away is I want to see Cook used more traditionally.  That will allow the plays on the edge to have a larger impact.   

Yea.. I’ve been impressed with Cook as a RB.  Not so much as a pass catcher.  He’s thinking too much and doesn’t understand zones/pass-angles yet, which almost led to a turnover yesterday. 

Edited by SCBills

56 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Don't forget McKenzie.  When a team puts a guy that's a mismatch covering McK Allen will exploit the hell out of the situation like he did last year against NE and to an extent yesterday.  The evidence is overwhelming that if a guy is consistently getting open Allen will throw hm the ball.  To me the fault is with Shakir for not getting consistently open or worse running the poor patterns.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

I was on the road traveling during the first half yesterday.  How did Tre look back in action?  Didn’t see him out there much late in the game

He only played the first 2 series, about 15 plays and was on a pitch count. McD said the plan is he will get more time next game as they ramp him back up.

He wasn't noticeable which was a good thing I guess? Lions went 3 and out there first series.

I know there were many aspects of the last three weeks that have changed perceptions on the team, but I would like to put away the worry beads for a day and just appreciate what we have been treated to, and yes, I mean treated to.

Buffalo has a QB with a dinged wing

Buffalo has a M*A*S*H unit playing on the OLINE

Buffalo lost a day of practice to sickness

Buffalo lost a day of practice due to a freak snow storm

Buffalo had to figure out a way to travel to Detroit with 24 hours notice in the middle of said freak storm

Buffalo had to fly back home and continue the dig out and then turn around and fly back four days later all the while installing a game plan

Buffalo played 3 games in 12 days with all of that going on and 4 games in 19 days.

Buffalo lost starts from Morse, Miller, Epenesa, Rousseau, Elam, Poyer, Edmunds, Milano, Dawkins during that stretch (incredible to type that)

Buffalo played 3 of 4 on the road and next week it will be 4 of 5

And having said all that, every game has been competitive.  Buffalo lost a couple, but if it wasn't for that crazy sequence vs Minnesota, they would be 3-1 during that stretch.  Seriously, how many teams in the NFL could go through that stretch, be in every game and still be 2-2?  Every Bills game, and I mean every Bills game is now must see TV.  

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This angle makes it even more impressive- looking left the whole first part of the play then just launches it down the middle to where Stef will be.  Crazy

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.