Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are missing the point. In fact, you make my point even stronger. The Bills played a mediocre Lions team who were hurt on both sides of the ball. The Bills weren't able to control the game and in fact struggled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were very fortunate to win today. Point being with all the Bills injuries they are not a great team. Not a team who can make a run to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking the Bills can is out of touch with reality. 

Very strange way of looking at this.  I think you can do better.  Let me help 😃

The Lions are not as mediocre as their record.  They do have a really really good offense and lost some very close games. Sometimes the ball just bounces that way.

The Bills, also banged up on both sides of the ball including QB are finding ways to still win.  While also losing a home game, having 1 practice per week the last two weeks and a QB that doesnt throw in practice at all.

I think most of these players are going to be back by the playoffs and the Bills just need to find ways to win until then.  There are no style points with the injuries we have.  Just keep winning.

If anything its a credit to this coaching staff, the depth Beane put together, and the resillience of our players getting to 8-3.

You're welcome friend.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

True but one glaring omission is the INTs Allen is throwing. Many are totally on him at critical moments in the red zone. Several of those INTs likely cost the bills wins. I believe Allen is leading the league in INTs. 

I think he’ll finish with about 15 or 16 ints…it’ll certainly be a factor in why he doesn’t win mvp but theoretically there’d be a path for someone with that many ints to win it especially if they’re rushing for around 1000 yards.  

Josh might get some bonus points for having such a huge percentage of his teams total yardage and tds but it won’t nearly be enough

it’s a silly award anyway imo…no idea why tyreek or Justin Jefferson aren’t getting more of a shot at it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mahomes has one of the best offensive lines in football and we have very much not that…Allen never really had a chance based on the supporting cast this season and his elbow injury.  

I don’t think there’s much of a chance that Allen gets back in the conversation but I do think it’s closer than it looks if that’s not contradictory at all 😂. Mahomes and Allen are pretty close in total tds and total yards 

Mahomes and Allen are the two best QBs in football.  I dont think it matters which one is better.  My feelings on it are that they both do their own things at an elite level but those things are different.  Part of my opinion is this...

I think Mahomes is in a better offensive system and has better skill position players over all and has an easier time playing QB. A 5 yard pass for them can go like 20 yards all the time.  A 5 yard pass for us goes 5-10 yards most of the time.

I think Mahomes does read the field better than Allen

I think Allen can drive a ball better and further and get it into a window better than Mahomes can

Thats just partially what I think but all I really want to say because I dont want it to turn into a long debate.  That debate just doesnt matter.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Buffalo has three consecutive division opponents coming up.  Somehow, this was supposed to be an easy stretch of the schedule. It's not turning out that way.  Hopefully Tre White can up his pitch count next week and the D-line can stay stout in the middle.  With Von Miller possibly out next Thursday, and maybe beyond, Buffalo needs to get Rousseau and Epenesa healthy pronto.  

So we had 1 timeout left before Allen's last run, right before Bass's kick. 

The TV showed no timeouts when we kicked. So I'm assuming that Allen stayed in bounds (what it looked like), and we burned a timeout. 

Why the hell did we burn this timeout with 7 seconds left? It gave DET a chance on a kickoff. If the clock runs down to 4, and you call it then, regulation ends on the kick. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great win.  This is how good teams win games sometimes against inferior opponents.  Screw around for 3 1/2 quarters and find a way to win at the end.  The Patriots beat us a few times like that.  Tom Landry won quite a few like that.  I wasn't a Bills fan in the glory years but I suspect they won some games like that..

Can we get off the Bills can't win 1 score games nonsense?  Bills are now 4-3 in 1 score games this year.

Man, Ed Oliver had a great game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I honestly dont even want to caption that.  Two of the biggest competitors in football and two best friends with real love for each other and the game they play.

Diggs is that his true home he was always meant to be a buffalo Bill

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Buffalo has three consecutive division opponents coming up.  Somehow, this was supposed to be an easy stretch of the schedule. It's not turning out that way.  Hopefully Tre White can up his pitch count next week and the D-line can stay stout in the middle.  With Von Miller possibly out next Thursday, and maybe beyond, Buffalo needs to get Rousseau and Epenesa healthy pronto.  

we definitely need a groot edmunds and tre

• Like (+1) 1

We won.

We shouldn't give a F what any pundit thinks. These games are difficult. We lost Von Miller most likely for the rest of the year. Oh well. Gotta carry on. Next man up type steez.

Keep grinding it out. These wins are gonna be ugly from here on out. We really do have the toughest schedule and obstacles this year.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sestak4ever said:

We were without a starting safety, basically without one of our starting cornerbacks, without a starting linebacker, without a starting defensive end (and lost our hall of famer later in the game), without our starting center, lost one of our tackles, not to mention our two receivers that are down and an injured starting qb, and basically played without meaningful practices for over a week. Once we are healthy the rest of the NFL better watch out. Loved the gutted out win. Go Bills!!

This is spot on. Things look a little gloomy right now but this team is still exactly what I thought they were.

We are just little unlucky, have too much injuries and Josh's elbow is clearly not ok.

This will be entirely different team come playoff time, provided that we will be at least reasonably healthy.

On the other hand, at this stage I am really afraid that injuries won't go away. Everytime we get a starter back we lose another one.

So there will be injuries, and we can just hope that not to crucial players. I'd include Allen, Diggs, Morse, Dawkins, Miller, Rousseau, Milano, Edmunds, White and Poyer in this category.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are missing the point. In fact, you make my point even stronger. The Bills played a mediocre Lions team who were hurt on both sides of the ball. The Bills weren't able to control the game and in fact struggled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were very fortunate to win today. Point being with all the Bills injuries they are not a great team. Not a team who can make a run to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking the Bills can is out of touch with reality. 

Thank God we have you to tell us what reality is.

Without you I'd foolishly think that we are still an elite team dealing with lot of unluck and adversity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Did you hear what Romo said about Allen's throw? 

Plus, your comparassion is a bit disingenuous. The Chargers are seen by many as a playoff contender and dangerous if heathly. No one really considers the Lions as such. Add in the Lion injuries too. 

Lastly, Mahomes is out playing Allen despite losing to the Bills. With that said, Allen's throw to Diggs was tremoundous!

The Lions played with more fight and heart yesterday than the Chargers under Staley ever have.

I’m sorry, I think Herbert is talented as they come, but how about LA wins about 4 games in a row just once? 

40 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

I was on the road traveling during the first half yesterday.  How did Tre look back in action?  Didn’t see him out there much late in the game

He was only in the first couple of drives.

McDermott said after the game they only wanted him in for 20-25 plays.

It looked like they had the same strategy with Elam, but when they had to have it, Elam came back in the 4th.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.