Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree with a healthy Bills team has a great path to the Super Bowl. However, Hdye is already out for the year and who knows about Von and others. Also, I'm not convinced Allen isn't hurt. Will he get healthy? 

We actually don’t even know that hyde is out for the playoffs.

Offensive line was the mess today and it sounds like no one is seriously injured.  Morse wasn’t ready to go on the short week,  Dawkins got hurt midgame and was questionable to return which forced quessenberry in who was playing hurt.  

tough to take advantage of the favorable passing matchups when your offensive line can’t block anybody. 

id expect to get edmunds and maybe Rousseau back also on this mini bye week as well as morse and probably Dawkins although I didn’t hear what his injury ended up being. 

initial reports seem to be that von millers knee injury isn’t as serious as it looked.  Sounds like it’s gonna be a 3 or 4 game-er 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Given your scenario the Bills wouldn't have any of their injured returning before the playoffs? I don't think anyone believes with the current injuries on the Bills that they would have a good shot at winning a title if the playoffs were to start next week. But they don't start next week and as far as we know we may have everyone back from injury by the playoffs, including Micah. That and Josh and Tre have another month and a half to get where they need to be.

Most teams would not be able to continue to win games with the amount of injuries and quality of players lost that have plagued the Bills since week #2. Von's injury today marked the 4th time this year the defense has lost an All-Pro player. 23 full games lost by just All-Pros this year and at least 4 partials. Add to that countless games lost to other starters and important backups. Plus Josh's elbow injury, Tre being out longer than most thought, a tougher schedule than it appeared at the start of the season and it's a minor miracle we're sitting at 8-3.

Very nice post. With that being said, there are so many unknown variables and no one really knows what the health of this team will be going forward.

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We actually don’t even know that hyde is out for the playoffs.

Offensive line was the mess today and it sounds like no one is seriously injured.  Morse wasn’t ready to go on the short week,  Dawkins got hurt midgame and was questionable to return which forced quessenberry in who was playing hurt.  

tough to take advantage of the favorable passing matchups when your offensive line can’t block anybody. 

id expect to get edmunds and maybe Rousseau back also on this mini bye week as well as morse and probably Dawkins although I didn’t hear what his injury ended up being. 

initial reports seem to be that von millers knee injury isn’t as serious as it looked.  Sounds like it’s gonna be a 3 or 4 game-er 

Great news!!!

26 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on Turk, surely you are more intelligent than that. Those numbers don't tell an accurate picture of the game. The Bills offense was out of sync for much of the game and Allen was often not sharp throwing the ball. The Bills offense should have dominated the Lions defense! This offense is simply making mistakes, out of sync, and the oline can't protect Allen. 

The defense struggled to stop the Lions offense. That was no surprise to me due to their offense and the Bills injuries. 

Any Bills fans is happy with the win but should absolutely be concerned at what they are seeing. It's anything but Super Bowl like. Just the facts...

Nah, this isn't Madden. What has transpired over the past week took a big toll mentally and physically on them. Real life doesn't matter in Madden but it does in the NFL.

The only I cared about in the last 2 games was getting the Dub. Didn't matter how.

People who don't understand how this stuff matters live in fantasy land.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All I know is that Detroit is a scrappy team, playing at home, coming off a game where they kicked the Giants in the nads pretty good and my Bills pulled off the win.

Allen clearly toughed his way through the game and defense came up with enough stops and a key safety while losing Von and having a secondary that has been struggling locking things down and getting off the field on 3rd down.

Is there a lot that needs fixing - yes, but that was a gutsy win and I will take it. Kind of odd getting 2 Thursday games in a row, would have liked to have gotten a full week and a few days to get some of the walking wounded back in the lineup, but many of us felt the slight of the Bills rarely getting prime time games... that is not an issue this season.

• Agree 1

Big win, wasn't the prettiest but that was the trap of all trap games, lions in their super bowl at home with momentum, bills banged up tired little practice on the road. Bills pull out an ugly but gutsy win against a really gutsy team. Other than the von injury, this was great game because I saw the fire in diggs and joshs eyes when bass put it through. This team will go nowhere without the swag/fire from Allen and Diggs. And I saw it at the end of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

When the Chiefs win by 3 in a late game comeback they are lauded and praised. Mahomes ball washing ensues.

When the Bills win by 3 by going the length of the field in 20 seconds we go what’s wrong with Allen and the Bills?

Bunch of weirdos 😅

Can't win even if you do 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

When the Chiefs win by 3 in a late game comeback they are lauded and praised. Mahomes ball washing ensues.

When the Bills win by 3 by going the length of the field in 20 seconds we go what’s wrong with Allen and the Bills?

Did you hear what Romo said about Allen's throw? 

Plus, your comparassion is a bit disingenuous. The Chargers are seen by many as a playoff contender and dangerous if heathly. No one really considers the Lions as such. Add in the Lion injuries too. 

Lastly, Mahomes is out playing Allen despite losing to the Bills. With that said, Allen's throw to Diggs was tremoundous!

28 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Allen was methodical on the last TD drive, and rifled in that last throw to Diggs.

It wasn’t the prettiest at times, but Allen was over 300 total yards and 3-TDs.

His running started to tick up again and the Bills called some designed runs. 

I think they are game planning around his injury and he’s being limited some if I had to guess.  The qb carries are mostly only popping up down the stretch in close games 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Did you hear what Romo said about Allen's throw? 

Plus, your comparassion is a bit disingenuous. The Chargers are seen by many as a playoff contender and dangerous if heathly. No one really considers the Lions as such. Add in the Lion injuries too. 

Lastly, Mahomes is out playing Allen despite losing to the Bills. With that said, Allen's throw to Diggs was tremoundous!

Mahomes has one of the best offensive lines in football and we have very much not that…Allen never really had a chance based on the supporting cast this season and his elbow injury.  

I don’t think there’s much of a chance that Allen gets back in the conversation but I do think it’s closer than it looks if that’s not contradictory at all 😂. Mahomes and Allen are pretty close in total tds and total yards 

• Like (+1) 1

What a day and what a game!

Tyler Bass is perfect on Field Goal Attempts in Detroit.

Ed Oliver gave his all today.

Josh Allen delivered when we needed him the most. That pass to Diggs was spectacular. That wasn't Sugar Josh or Super Josh, that was Clutch Josh!

My stomach must have turned over 5 times today, but we won and that's what matters.

Yes, the Lions are a poorly ranked defense, but they were at home and on a 3 game winning streak.

There are almost no gimmes in this league.

Hoping Von Miller will be alright, and really can't wait for Edmunds & Rousseau to come back.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Listening to 97.1 on the way in, the city of Detroit could feel it. 

Win 4 in a row for the first time since 2016.

The whole building wanted it badly and the Bills fought that off. 

The Lions played hard today, regardless of what the expectation was. They fought and that crowd wanted it. 

22 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mahomes has one of the best offensive lines in football and we have very much not that…Allen never really had a chance based on the supporting cast this season and his elbow injury.  

I don’t think there’s much of a chance that Allen gets back in the conversation but I do think it’s closer than it looks if that’s not contradictory at all 😂. Mahomes and Allen are pretty close in total tds and total yards 

True but one glaring omission is the INTs Allen is throwing. Many are totally on him at critical moments in the red zone. Several of those INTs likely cost the bills wins. I believe Allen is leading the league in INTs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.