Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I think you are missing the point. In fact, you make my point even stronger. The Bills played a mediocre Lions team who were hurt on both sides of the ball. They Bills weren't able to control the game and in fact struggled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were very fortunate to win today. Point being with all the Bills injuries they are not a great team. Not a team who can make a run to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking the Bills can is out of touch with reality. 

You remind me of someone who enjoys smelling your own farts.

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are missing the point. In fact, you make my point even stronger. The Bills played a mediocre Lions team who were hurt on both sides of the ball. The Bills weren't able to control the game and in fact struggled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were very fortunate to win today. Point being with all the Bills injuries they are not a great team. Not a team who can make a run to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking the Bills can is out of touch with reality. 

They’re a team surviving due to the injuries. Really, a trait of a great team. Get to the playoffs with a healthy team and they are capable of going to the Super Bowl. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are missing the point. In fact, you make my point even stronger. The Bills played a mediocre Lions team who were hurt on both sides of the ball. They Bills weren't able to control the game and in fact struggled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were very fortunate to win today. Point being with all the Bills injuries they are not a great team. Not a team who can make a run to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking the Bills can is out of touch with reality. 

I think you made my point even stronger honestly but agree to disagree I guess 😄. Bills are missing a ton of high impact starters that mostly have week to week injuries and will be returning.  

they are finding ways to win with holes all over the roster and faced with a lot of adversity.  Playing 2 road games in 5 days with little to no practice is insane.  

if a lot of these players were out for the year I’d see your point a little more but that is not the case.  Plugging edmunds back in is going to change a lot on the defensive side 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think you are missing the point. In fact, you make my point even stronger. The Bills played a mediocre Lions team who were hurt on both sides of the ball. The Bills weren't able to control the game and in fact struggled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were very fortunate to win today. Point being with all the Bills injuries they are not a great team. Not a team who can make a run to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking the Bills can is out of touch with reality. 

At least your lack of faith in the Bills is consistent… 🤣

:beer:

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

But in the end put up over 400 yards and 28 points.

There are a LOT of teams who dream of "struggling" in that way.

This was also a HUGE deal for Detroit on Thanksgiving and they were really up for the game...and like most other teams, they view the Bills as their Super Bowl.

QB Power/QB Pin and Pull shouldn't only be used in end of game situations...those are money plays inside the 10 yard line. Unstoppable.

Come on Turk, surely you are more intelligent than that. Those numbers don't tell an accurate picture of the game. The Bills offense was out of sync for much of the game and Allen was often not sharp throwing the ball. The Bills offense should have dominated the Lions defense! This offense is simply making mistakes, out of sync, and the oline can't protect Allen. 

The defense struggled to stop the Lions offense. That was no surprise to me due to their offense and the Bills injuries. 

Any Bills fans is happy with the win but should absolutely be concerned at what they are seeing. It's anything but Super Bowl like. Just the facts...

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, BillzFreak said:

Wait I'm confused so the Bills have injuries to, missing there starting center and then losing there starting left tackle for most of the game. So imo the injuries were a wash. The Bills found a way to win, plain and simple. People can nit pick all they want but a win is a win sorry if that upsets you or anyone else.

I'm ecstatic about the win but it comes with an asterisk. Von is out for how long and injuries have unfortunately made this team slightly above average. 

Edited by newcam2012

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Come on Turk, surely you are more intelligent than that. Those numbers don't tell an accurate picture of the game. The Bills offense was out of sync for much of the game and Allen was often not sharp throwing the ball. The Bills offense should have dominated the Lions defense! This offense is simply making mistakes, out of sync, and the oline can't protect Allen. 

The defense struggled to stop the Lions offense. That was no surprise to me due to their offense and the Bills injuries. 

Any Bills fans is happy with the win but should absolutely be concerned at what they are seeing. It's anything but Super Bowl like. Just the facts...

Bills 8-3. Very long season. QB and 2 most important OL hurt or out. D injuries where do I start ? Bills had an unreal past several days. W ugly is better then a well played L. 

• Agree 1

I'm ecstatic about the win but it comes with an asterisk. Von is out for how long and injuries have unfortunately made this team slightly above average. 

He’ll be back for the playoffs id guess…Rousseau and edmunds will be back any week now though it seems…and I’m assuming tre white’s role will expand. 

• Like (+1) 1

Given your scenario the Bills wouldn't have any of their injured returning before the playoffs? I don't think anyone believes with the current injuries on the Bills that they would have a good shot at winning a title if the playoffs were to start next week. But they don't start next week and as far as we know we may have everyone back from injury by the playoffs, including Micah. That and Josh and Tre have another month and a half to get where they need to be.

Most teams would not be able to continue to win games with the amount of injuries and quality of players lost that have plagued the Bills since week #2. Von's injury today marked the 4th time this year the defense has lost an All-Pro player. 23 full games lost by just All-Pros this year and at least 4 partials. Add to that countless games lost to other starters and important backups. Plus Josh's elbow injury, Tre being out longer than most thought, a tougher schedule than it appeared at the start of the season and it's a minor miracle we're sitting at 8-3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think you made my point even stronger honestly but agree to disagree I guess 😄. Bills are missing a ton of high impact starters that mostly have week to week injuries and will be returning.  

they are finding ways to win with holes all over the roster and faced with a lot of adversity.  Playing 2 road games in 5 days with little to no practice is insane.  

if a lot of these players were out for the year I’d see your point a little more but that is not the case.  Plugging edmunds back in is going to change a lot on the defensive side 

This is certainly viable. I hope you are correct and I'm wrong. 

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Talk about our of touch with reality, expecting a team to play like it's the Super Bowl every game of a long grueling season that's seen the whole league decimated by injuries. 

14 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

They’re a team surviving due to the injuries. Really, a trait of a great team. Get to the playoffs with a healthy team and they are capable of going to the Super Bowl. 

I agree with a healthy Bills team has a great path to the Super Bowl. However, Hdye is already out for the year and who knows about Von and others. Also, I'm not convinced Allen isn't hurt. Will he get healthy? 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Just the facts:

1. Back up players, playing. They typically don’t play, few reps throughout the season.

2. They’ve barely practiced the last two games.  

All of the above equates to not pumping on all cylinders. If you take a step back, it’s not as concerning to the level you’re making it out to be. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree with a healthy Bills team has a great path to the Super Bowl. However, Hdye is already out for the year and who knows about Von and others. Also, I'm not convinced Allen isn't hurt. Will he get healthy? 

Not trying to be a dick. But let’s take a step back here. All teams are injured by now. 

I think Allen will, yes. 

Most of their injuries are returning (even Hyde is a potential). 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.