Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Re the red zone turnover, that was a really good and someone flukey play by the LB on that RPO. Diggs was wide open too on that. I re-watched it and I guess the right read would have been for Josh to hand it off there. But I think the LB just made an insane play there. 

Dorsey needs to remember that we can run the rock in the red zone.  Motor can play and he does well when he gets into a flow.  Stop going away from him.  

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Do you realize that the Lions were playing with their best CB and 2nd and 3rd string oline men? The Lions defense had been exploited by most teams they have played. The Bills offense struggled against their defense. What is Bills offensive identity? 

But in the end put up over 400 yards and 28 points.

There are a LOT of teams who dream of "struggling" in that way.

This was also a HUGE deal for Detroit on Thanksgiving and they were really up for the game...and like most other teams, they view the Bills as their Super Bowl.

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Dorsey needs to remember that we can run the rock in the red zone.  Motor can play and he does well when he gets into a flow.  Stop going away from him.  

QB Power/QB Pin and Pull shouldn't only be used in end of game situations...those are money plays inside the 10 yard line. Unstoppable.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, wjag said:

The AfterGlow:

10. I would imagine folks in Miami had their Thanksgiving ruined.

Maybe the 8 Dolphins fans in Miami had a bad day. Everyone else in Miami probably had a great Thanksgiving in the sunshine and warmth today. 

12 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

Maybe the 8 Dolphins fans in Miami had a bad day. Everyone else in Miami probably had a great Thanksgiving in the sunshine and warmth today. 

It was sunny and 52 in Rochester today. 

That's a perfect day for late November if you ask me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Do you realize that the Lions were playing with their best CB and 2nd and 3rd string oline men? The Lions defense had been exploited by most teams they have played. The Bills offense struggled against their defense. What is Bills offensive identity? 

We were down to second and 3rd string olinemen also and were missing our two best pass rushers after von went down and had aj Klein starting due to edmunds being injured and had our best two corners on snap counts due to injuries and our qb playing with a sprained elbow and one of our great safeties is out for the year lol. I think we won the injury competition as well as the game 😂

We were without a starting safety, basically without one of our starting cornerbacks, without a starting linebacker, without a starting defensive end (and lost our hall of famer later in the game), without our starting center, lost one of our tackles, not to mention our two receivers that are down and an injured starting qb, and basically played without meaningful practices for over a week. Once we are healthy the rest of the NFL better watch out. Loved the gutted out win. Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Gotta say, that game was sloppy, Dorsey needs to be fired tonight, throw Josh into a Bacta tank, but the mental fortitude on those last 2 drives is why these guys play the game and we are posting on a message board.

No one is getting fired at 8-3 with all these injuries

• Like (+1) 1

Didn’t read through yet but I thought this was an interesting observation:

First Half Motion - Man to man coverage bumped, no trailing players but passed them off. This often created St. Brown in advantageous matchups

Second Half Motion - Man to man coverage runs with and trails assignment, no passing off players. 

I haven’t rewatched but it was an interesting adjustment that I noticed early after the half. 

Anyone else notice anything along these lines? I was hoping they would have played more man coverage but losing Von probably played a role in this. 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We were down to second and 3rd string olinemen also and were missing our two best pass rushers after von went down and had aj Klein starting due to edmunds being injured and had our best two corners on snap counts due to injuries and our qb playing with a sprained elbow and one of our great safeties is out for the year lol. I think we won the injury competition as well as the game 😂

I think you are missing the point. In fact, you make my point even stronger. The Bills played a mediocre Lions team who were hurt on both sides of the ball. The Bills weren't able to control the game and in fact struggled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were very fortunate to win today. Point being with all the Bills injuries they are not a great team. Not a team who can make a run to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking the Bills can is out of touch with reality. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.