Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

10 minutes ago, BufBills83 said:

I agree with this.  These are the reasons I think you can make a reasonable argument that Bass missing the extra point on the Bills last TD actually helped the Bills.  The Bills are now up 3 instead of 4 and the Lions are not in 4 down mode. They got into field goal range and had a 4th and 1 around the 35 or so of the Bills.  If down 4, they are going for that and a pretty good chance the drive is continuing.  There would probably be more urgency to conserve time as well.  They played really conservative that last drive to the point where I was like, not only are they playing the FG, but they are playing scared and it caused them to have to go for a long field goal and leave 23 seconds on the clock with Bills having all 3 timeouts.

I was just thinking the same thing. Good thing bass missed that Extra point!

35 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

We have highest SOV? That’s cool I didn’t know that. 

Schedule has been even brutal-er than we thought lol the supposedly easy back half isn’t even easy.  The two games that seemed like layups both ended up being away games in a 5 day span against the 4th and 6th ranked offenses in the league 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Gotta say, that game was sloppy, Dorsey needs to be fired tonight, throw Josh into a Bacta tank, but the mental fortitude on those last 2 drives is why these guys play the game and we are posting on a message board.

If only posters could be fired. Aside from the rough 2 weeks, lack of practice, condensed time between games, injuries etc its an accomplishment they pulled through and won when they needed to. Similar to the Chiefs win last Sunday night - stay in it and win at the end of the game. They needed a few bounces, but this wasnt like the Jets game where they left a ton of points on the field. The Lions gave a depleted Bills team all they could handle, and there is nothing wrong w that. If this team was doing laps around the Lions and then just weren't finishing or pissed it away thats one thing. That didn't happen today. They gutted this out and won. All things equal, the Bills should have covered the spread. It was evident pretty early however that this would take everything left in the tank to pull it out and they did. The Jets game is a game where excuses were a bad look. This one was the reality of the situation. Try and be a better fan man. There are many take aways from this game but just saying axe the OC is a lazy and uninformed take. Bad look imo

Edited by gobills1212
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

My view from section 138.  Not the greatest camera work ever but I'm not one for taking pics and vids so I think I did well lol.

https://twitter.com/1ManRaid/status/1595909867931328514?t=DysuGlcIPLraYFhKFrMsFA&s=19

It would have been a lot better if not for you jumping up once it went through!😀

44 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

By the way, what was the meaning of the placards that simply stayed "3" that the Lions were waving?

That they are supposed to be screaming and waving the signs when the other team has a third down. One of the most annoying things I have ever seen at an NFL game. No one can see the play (visitor fans and home fans). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The bills had to literally get neighbors to dig them out of a snow storm and rush to the airport at the last minute to fly out and play a game on the road that they thought would be a home game and they won. Then they flew back to western NY, dug their homes out of the snow and turned around and flew back 3  days later for another game.

They missed prep time for the first game and probably had almost none for the second.

Be thankful for the W, A lot of teams with a lot less character would have just dialed in the last two games.

Edited by steven50
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.