Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That was probably joshs unluckiest int of the year…can’t fault him much for that one.  Receiver was wide open and the defensive linemen swatted it and it still took a great play by another defender to come down with it 

Agree

Teams just know he loves to pull the rpo and throw that post

2 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Where was preseason MVP Bobby Hart?

I'd guess they didn't want to lose the option of using him as a 6th OL like they have been.

I think I'd have rather seen him at G all day. 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Throughout this thread, I keep reading this "Frazier must go..." refrain. 

Well, careful what you wish for, guys. Or not. Either way, Frazier is likely some other team's HC in '23, because the entire rest of the league feels very differently about Leslie Frazier than a very vocal minority of Bills fans do.

I doubt it. I wouldn’t want to touch him because of his lack of energy as well as 13 seconds. Also, I’m very curious to look at our standings the last 4 weeks as a defensive unit. We have been utterly terrible. Can’t stop anything. 3rd and long has been particularly agonizing.  

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Gabe Davis should’ve caught that ball near the end zone right? I’m watching Darius Slayton go up and make a play for Daniel Jones. Davis has to go up and get that ball.

Im very down on him this year. I’ve gone from thinking we had our WR2 to evaluating his game each week thinking we need better.

our DB’s are sticking their hand in and hitting the ball and the receivers still catch them through the pass defense. The DB barely touches Gabe and he drops it. Was disappointing for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought Detroit committed unforgivable time and game management errors down the stretch.  It was almost inevitable they would score a touchdown but they were 100% trying for a field goal.  Not only that, they left way too much time on the clock.  

I want someone to do a deep dive into that halftime show to figure our what was happening and how that was green-lit.  

Ugly game.  Those are the games brady and new England would always win.  It would drive us nuts.  

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sure this has all been said previously, but our team has been through a lot of adversity lately: injuries, weather, few practices, playing two away games on a short week, etc… The fact that they’ve won these past two games with everything going on shows how gritty our team is. I’m proud of them. Are improvements needed? Of course. But there is a lot to be proud of here 

Edited by major
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Throughout this thread, I keep reading this "Frazier must go..." refrain. 

Well, careful what you wish for, guys. Or not. Either way, Frazier is likely some other team's HC in '23, because the entire rest of the league feels very differently about Leslie Frazier than a very vocal minority of Bills fans do.

I really hope he’s another teams head coach next year lol.

Comp pick as well

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If his elbow was a big enough part of the problem right now, I'm not sure he could make that end of game throw to Diggs.  Either his elbow is bad or it's not.  I think it is likely "not feeling 100%" but I don't think it's the sole source of his passing woes right now.  

His throwing motion is different for sure.  He's getting his shoulder and body into his throws in a way he didn't really need to before.  Jim Kelly late in his career was doing something similar.  It definitely affects his short-to-intermediate throws more.  

I also think that some of the WR drops may be due to the fact that the ball is coming at them differently than they're used to.  Still gotta make those catches, but he seems to have a little less zip on some throws, and that fraction of a second makes a difference.  They're just going to need to adjust while he works this out.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I doubt it. I wouldn’t want to touch him because of his lack of energy as well as 13 seconds. Also, I’m very curious to look at our standings the last 4 weeks as a defensive unit. We have been utterly terrible. Can’t stop anything. 3rd and long has been particularly agonizing.  

we 13 seconds-ed the lions today essentially.  We were in fg range right after that pass to diggs.  

More or less/probably could’ve done it to the Vikings too.  It’s certainly heartbreaking but it’s not a dark cloud that’s gonna follow your coaching career around imo.  

I’ve seen it a few times around the league this season so far.  

had the jets on a huge game winning td with no time left too and gabe dropped it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If his elbow was a big enough part of the problem right now, I'm not sure he could make that end of game throw to Diggs.  Either his elbow is bad or it's not.  I think it is likely "not feeling 100%" but I don't think it's the sole source of his passing woes right now.  

I think it's about angles. With some throwing angles his elbow doesn't affect him; with others it does. I think the long throws are better for him, so we really need to make the most of the run game to bring defensive players in, allowing him to throw deep. We keep saying why don't we dink and dunk, but I think Josh finds that more painful at the moment due to the trajectory.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree but now isn't the time for this. Let's enjoy the victory! Team showed heart at the end to pull off a mirculous victory.

Worst 8-3 team of all time?  You mean the 2022 Bills that lead the league in point differential and have the highest strength of victory?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Gabe Davis should’ve caught that ball near the end zone right? I’m watching Darius Slayton go up and make a play for Daniel Jones. Davis has to go up and get that ball.

Im very down on him this year. I’ve gone from thinking we had our WR2 to evaluating his game each week thinking we need better.

We need a true # 1 to go with Diggs 

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

14 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I thought Detroit committed unforgivable time and game management errors down the stretch.  It was almost inevitable they would score a touchdown but they were 100% trying for a field goal.  Not only that, they left way too much time on the clock.  

I want someone to do a deep dive into that halftime show to figure our what was happening and how that was green-lit.  

Ugly game.  Those are the games brady and new England would always win.  It would drive us nuts.  

I agree with this.  These are the reasons I think you can make a reasonable argument that Bass missing the extra point on the Bills last TD actually helped the Bills.  The Bills are now up 3 instead of 4 and the Lions are not in 4 down mode. They got into field goal range and had a 4th and 1 around the 35 or so of the Bills.  If down 4, they are going for that and a pretty good chance the drive is continuing.  There would probably be more urgency to conserve time as well.  They played really conservative that last drive to the point where I was like, not only are they playing the FG, but they are playing scared and it caused them to have to go for a long field goal and leave 23 seconds on the clock with Bills having all 3 timeouts.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.