Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

33 minutes ago, Process said:

It's easy to forget because of how it ended but Josh was straight up off on a LOT of throws today. Of course we also had guys dropping perfect balls and stumbling over themselves too. 

Josh was very bad for 55 minutes today. But they pulled it off. We just have to hope it's the elbow that's causing it.

I agree with almost everything except I think "very bad for 55 minites" is too strong. 

I think he also made some good and a few great passes in that 55. 

But he is no doubt missing too many, and some that aren't close. More than we are accustomed to. 

I believe the elbow needs rest and he'll get some here and then a long week after NE. I hope that rest does him wonders and we start to see the early season version of Josh.  

So about the Bass missed XP. I kinda thought that helped us because you knew if the Lions were in FG range on 4th down they would kick to tie and not have to go for it on 4th. I know he didn’t miss on purpose but I feel like that was better for us. It gave us a chance to get back into FG range after they kicked off. I’m just saying if may have been better to be up by 3 instead of 4, especially with our injuries on D. What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

God works in mysterious ways.  Perhaps missed EP was good.  Lions go for FG and not TD.  

That’s what I was just thinking 

2 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

I agree with almost everything except I think "very bad for 55 minites" is too strong. 

I think he also made some good and a few great passes in that 55. 

But he is no doubt missing too many, and some that aren't close. More than we are accustomed to. 

I believe the elbow needs rest and he'll get some here and then a long week after NE. I hope that rest does him wonders and we start to see the early season version of Josh.  

If his elbow was a big enough part of the problem right now, I'm not sure he could make that end of game throw to Diggs.  Either his elbow is bad or it's not.  I think it is likely "not feeling 100%" but I don't think it's the sole source of his passing woes right now.  

• Like (+1) 1

Good win

I’m not going to say anything about Dorsey, we continue to put up points 27 today. Offensive line continues to be musical chairs and Josh keeps turning the ball over in the red zone. 

Defensively we’ve got to get healthy. Beginning of the year the defense was demolishing everyone which started that avalanche rolling. 
Now teams are going on long drives and matching scores. 

We’ve been saying all year we just need to get healthy. It just doesn’t seem like that’s ever going to happen. Every single week it’s a different guy

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

If his elbow was a big enough part of the problem right now, I'm not sure he could make that end of game throw to Diggs.  Either his elbow is bad or it's not.  I think it is likely "not feeling 100%" but I don't think it's the sole source of his passing woes right now.  

To play devils advocate…it could hurt when throwing from some arm angles and not others..  sometimes you have to drop down to sidearm-ish to find some throwing lanes around the defensive line.

I genuinely didn’t see many throwing woes this game but I’m going to be rewatching.  

3 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

Good win

I’m not going to say anything about Dorsey, we continue to put up points 27 today. Offensive line continues to be musical chairs and Josh keeps turning the ball over in the red zone. 

Defensively we’ve got to get healthy. Beginning of the year the defense was demolishing everyone which started that avalanche rolling. 
Now teams are going on long drives and matching scores. 

We’ve been saying all year we just need to get healthy. It just doesn’t seem like that’s ever going to happen. Every single week it’s a different guy

That was probably joshs unluckiest int of the year…can’t fault him much for that one.  Receiver was wide open and the defensive linemen swatted it and it still took a great play by another defender to come down with it 

Gabe Davis should’ve caught that ball near the end zone right? I’m watching Darius Slayton go up and make a play for Daniel Jones. Davis has to go up and get that ball.

Im very down on him this year. I’ve gone from thinking we had our WR2 to evaluating his game each week thinking we need better.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Throughout this thread, I keep reading this "Frazier must go..." refrain. 

Well, careful what you wish for, guys. Or not. Either way, Frazier is likely some other team's HC in '23, because the entire rest of the league feels very differently about Leslie Frazier than a very vocal minority of Bills fans do.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.