Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

8 minutes ago, Process said:

It's easy to forget because of how it ended but Josh was straight up off on a LOT of throws today. Of course we also had guys dropping perfect balls and stumbling over themselves too. 

Josh was very bad for 55 minutes today. But they pulled it off. We just have to hope it's the elbow that's causing it.

I’m gonna watch the game again so my opinion could certainly change but a lot of it looked like throwaways under pressure/ receivers not being on the same page / drops to me.  

the only throw where I really said ‘wow joshs elbow isn’t right’ was that ball to cook that honestly looked like it was on cook from the replay 

I think you’re lettin his play from previous weeks affect the perception of this game.  The pick was just a tough luck play too 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

A chunk of the bad throws today just looked like straight up miscommunications on option routes to me…specifically the ball to cook where cook started right and completely changed his mind in a split second and josh threw it right.  

Agreed, initially that looked like Allen threw directly to the LB, but I think you have to put that one on Cook running an indecisive route. No harm no foul, hopefully a learning opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1

Can definitely see the team going through it some with the condensed weeks and the injuries. Getting out of this 2-0 is what we look for, and games will look like this until the defense gets healthy. They have a full week then ten days, so hopefully some guys get back.

I kinda see where the injury affects those sidearm throws on the RPO. A lot of those were off today but Allen can make everything when he steps up and throws over the top. The offensive line is also bad when starters go out, and that was a problem today.

McKenzie looked really good today.

With the defense so hurt, I can see that Buffalo likes to draft guys who can cover and then play them once they can tackle. The difference between the starters and backups is basically that the starting unit doesn't miss tackles and the backups, especially Hamlin and the linebackers not named Milano, just don't tackle well at all. Hamlin is SUCH a bad tackler especially.

• Simon changed the title to Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

Hope Tre feels a little better now. We need to get “budding superstar” Dane Jackson off the field. Always in position but can’t make a play on the ball to save his life. 

Depth being tested but our playmakers are making plays when they need to. Oliver was huge today. Milano missed a couple but also made a couple. Obviously Allen -> Diggs.

I think they tried to use Cook too much today. He didn’t have it and Motor did. Felt like we wasted a couple series trying to work Cook in. Feed Motor. He is good! Cook is still putting it together.

McKenzie also came through today in spots. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Process said:

It's easy to forget because of how it ended but Josh was straight up off on a LOT of throws today. Of course we also had guys dropping perfect balls and stumbling over themselves too. 

Josh was very bad for 55 minutes today. But they pulled it off. We just have to hope it's the elbow that's causing it.

There is no way that elbow is even partially healed.  And his throws reflect that.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Process said:

Gabe dropping a perfect throw...Diggs falling and dropping a ball...Cook juking out our QB that almost caused an INT.

It wasn't his best game but he made plays when he has to.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thought the play calling on offense was again unimaginative and vanilla. Dorsey continues to lack any kind of creativity. 

-The outside toss to Cook is not fooling anyone and our OL isn’t good enough to make up for it.

-The RPO slant by the goal line  has been used consistently for the last 3 years. We seemingly try it every week. Defenses are expecting it and just get their hands up at the LOS. It’s what led to the INT today. 

Cook had a bad game. Seems like once he takes a step forward he takes 2 back. 

Basham was completely invisible today. If Von and Groot miss significant time then we won’t get any contribution from the guys in the edge. Basham was a strange pick at the time and he hasn’t done much to wow me. 
-Beane’s list of 2nd round picks are horrendous: Ford, Epenesa, Basham and Cook. No impact players and no real contributions to our success. 

Allen had a rough game but he came through when it mattered most. Same goes for Diggs. 

The OL needs a complete overhaul. Bates, Saffold (FA after this year) and Brown are simply not good. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.