Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats an all world throw and catch right there.  

Romo understood what a ridiculous throw that is in a way most of us watching did not, b/c we weren't NFL quarterbacks....

He said maybe 5 guys, ALL TIME, could make the throw. 

That may or may not be true, but it shows you the respect he had for that throw.

Like 50 yards in the air on a  rope.  If not a big more.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

They add legs to it from other turkeys.  They always do this every year.

Thanks...and lol. They also must have loosened the drumsticks, because you have to put in some effort to pull them off.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

Great win by the Bills.  Hard fought game against a tough opponent, on the road, on a short week, after overcoming big adversity the week prior.  Not to mention all the starters and key players that were out today.  

Some of the fans here gave up and do nothing but blame and point fingers.  The Bills are not going to win every game by 38-10. They are not going to win every game - period.  

Some of the same fans complaining about losing close games are now complaining about winning a close game. 

Anyone who has been a Bills fan, check that - a football fan, would be happy to get that win and would be looking at the positives to build on.  

Next Thursday night in Foxboro.  Expect a difficult challenge and a tough game.  It will be like this every week, no matter who we play or were it is.   

Enjoy the rest of Thanksgiving and Go Bills!  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

ugly win, fantastic finish.

Go Bills!

happy thanksgiving to you guys. 

My festivity will come on Sunday with an asado (barbacue) in hot weather (90º degrees)

Gracias! This victory deserves Argentinian steak :) 

I feel so relieved right now. Our season can turn on this moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Since1981 said:

It’s as if Josh elbow has a couple of these in reserve and he’s pulled the 10 gun there. 

A chunk of the bad throws today just looked like straight up miscommunications on option routes to me…specifically the ball to cook where cook started right and completely changed his mind in a split second and josh threw it right.  

5 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

MVP for this game: Tyler Bass.  Not only did he kick the game winning field goal, but I think his missed extra point saved us.  If they were down four, the way their offense and our defense was playing, I do not have confidence that we would have stopped them.  They would have gone for it on fourth...probably made it...and scored a touchdown with like 5 seconds left.

I'm not sure you're wrong.  I can't remember the math exactly, but I made a mental note a couple of weeks ago about how the Vikings missing that PAT probably cost us the game.  Not sure this game would have turned out differently, but giving Detroit the opportunity to mis-manage the clock definitely worked out in our benefit.

44 minutes ago, NUT said:

I wonder if Bass missed that extra point on purpose to lull the Lions into a drive for a FG.

It may have unintentionally won us the game. Instead of having to go for the win on 3/4&1 the Lions were content with the FG which meant Allen and Diggs had their opportunity to be clutch performers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, thewookie1 said:

It may have unintentionally won us the game. Instead of having to go for the win on 3/4&1 the Lions were content with the FG which meant Allen and Diggs had their opportunity to be clutch performers.

Absolutely, thought this straight after the missed XP.  The way Detroit was converting 4th downs I would have expected them to score a TD on that last drive had they been 4 points behind.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Belgium_Bill said:

Absolutely, thought this straight after the missed XP.  The way Detroit was converting 4th downs I would have expected them to score a TD on that last drive had they been 4 points behind.  

I’m surprised they didn’t go for that last one…I guess they figured it still would’ve taken a lot to get into the end zone with little time left so why risk it 

Hard fought win, on a difficult week.

Coming out of all that 2-0 is a minor achievement in itself.

You can see how much it took out of the players at the end.

More tough sledding to come with injuries seeming to mount up.

Good team win, and at the end of the day, a win is a win, no matter how you come by it, after plenty of adversity.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.