Bills at Lions - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

Josh Allen is an up & down player - but no one can doubt the clutch credentials.

He has often played his best when games are on the line.  He had no business putting those last 2 drives together w/ the way he played all day. But he just dug deep, and found a way.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Never in all my years as a Bills fan have I seen a season with this many injuries.  It's getting to a level of madness.  I just pray we're close to healthy come playoff time.  I feel like until then every week is gonna be a dogfight.

I feel the same way. Is it freakish bad luck? the turf? Its definitely not a fitness issue. so what gives here?

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Josh Allen is an up & down player - but no one can doubt the clutch credentials.

He has often played his best when games are on the line.  He had no business putting those last 2 drives together w/ the way he played all day. But he just dug deep, and found a way.

I hope I’m not about to jinx this but Allen used to have a couple games a season where he was just garbage for 4 quarters and we haven’t seen that at all this season 

He’s one of the most clutch players I’ve ever seen honestly…unreal playoff stats.  
lots of 4th quarter comebacks…would have even more if his defense didn’t straight up blow a handful super late 

he goes missing for a few games in the midpoint of the season but saves his best stuff for the playoffs 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about the remainder of our season. 

But for a good chunk of my adult life, being pessimistic around Thanksgiving meant staring down the barrel of a 6-10 season with somebody like Kyle Orton at QB.  Now, being pessimistic around Thanksgiving means being unsure about making a deep playoff run with an all-world QB who is still young and locked down.  Life is pretty good honestly.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bing Bong said:

Win's a win. Game winning drive. That's what winning quarterbacks do

I don't think many question Allen's will to win or leadership. It's second to none. The guy is hurt and can't throw up to his capabilities. It's gonna be hard for the Bills to win with all these injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic about the remainder of our season. 

But for a good chunk of my adult life, being pessimistic around Thanksgiving meant staring down the barrel of a 6-10 season with somebody like Kyle Orton at QB.  Now, being pessimistic around Thanksgiving means being unsure about making a deep playoff run with an all-world QB who is still young and locked down.  Life is pretty good honestly.

Not only is Time relative, so is happiness.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

MVP for this game: Tyler Bass.  Not only did he kick the game winning field goal, but I think his missed extra point saved us.  If they were down four, the way their offense and our defense was playing, I do not have confidence that we would have stopped them.  They would have gone for it on fourth...probably made it...and scored a touchdown with like 5 seconds left.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

McDermott too, I saw it in his eyes.

Nope.  <sorry quoted wrong post> thought I was quoting the "2 seconds left, was I only one thinking game not over> .....Though our discussion was squib kick versus allowing for a hail mary. I was in the minority for the squib kick, yet can see both sides.

Edited by IndyMark

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.