NFL Week #12 - Bills at the Lions - 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, zow2 said:

CBS crew really hated that.  Earlier in the series on the catch by Diggs they should’ve used a TO.  taking a couple to the locker room is terrible clock management.

McD’s career has had a lot of poor in game management. TO’s, situational calls, challenges. It is not a strength of his. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Maybe it's a similar thing to the Bills D playing the sideline in the playoffs with KC having 13 seconds and 3 timeouts. And that thing would be: stupid.

McDermott and his staff are, at best, league-average caliber when it comes to actually running a team during a football game.

The more esoteric aspects of coaching are where he excels.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I’m still baffled by the shockingly bad play calling and clock management on that 2 minute drive.

We played the boundaries as if we had no timeouts when the middle of the field has been open all day. No idea what Dorsey was thinking there. 

McDermott thought handing the keys of our offense over to a qb coach with 0 experience as an nfl offensive coordinator was a good idea?....I have called for a coaching change since the 13s game .....This staff has already shown us the process and it simply isn't good enough 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

We didn't need a TO. We had plenty of time if we would have gotten a First Down to score a TD. 

Bills goal is to not give the other team a possession after they score 

Then why were we constantly looking to the sidelines rather than up the middle?

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We have no starting caliber edge rushers left. Elam is nowhere to be seen. Edmunds is out. Hamlin much worse than Hyde. All that investment on the defense for nothing.

Makes you wonder about how much should be vs the offense.  These guys drop like flies league wide we’ve just been lucky the last 2 seasons - but even last year we lost White and we all knew we were ***ed 

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

Ok, I just started watching with 9 minutes left but we've scored 17 points, Josh is playing well with no INTs and we're winning and getting the ball back to start the second. But I'm seeing posts saying this team is a disaster...

I get that the team is not playing optimally everywhere but it's a little early for these hyperbolic takes. 

The defense has just looked awful on 3rd & long, again! That's the issue.

Offense is doing a good job.

• Agree 1