Miami signs Justin Zimmer off of Bills PS

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

He was playing significant snaps on the Bills DL the first 6 weeks of last season, until he tore his ACL

That track record probably seems more significant to the Dolphins than how many times he was waived earlier in his career.

He made plays at critical times and often did not get credit for them.  He is very, very fast for DL on the field.

On Taron's interception in redzone for a TD Zimmer was down field with him in front of others trying to stop Taron but only the DBs got credit by press.  Zimmer however was one of first ones in endzone congratulating him.

Glad Zimmer has a chance to get some more game reps but wish it was not on another AFCE team.

• Agree 5

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He has to be on the 53 but doesn't mean he has to dress for the game 

That was my confusion. Must be on active 53, but could be a 'healthy scratch' for this week's game.

Has Miami had a rash of injury to DL/ DT???

Edited by RocCityRoller

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Carlos Davis, Pittsburg Steelers

Could be a reasonable choice (though I think he's more of a NT than a 3TDT), but as a member of the Steelers PS he would have to be on the active roster for 3 weeks.

We need to back-fill a PS guy.

13 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

That was my confusion. Must be on active 53, but could be a 'healthy scratch' for this week's game.

Has Miami had a rash of injury to DL/ DT???

Not as far as I know.  Raekwon Davis was a limited participant in practice today, but that usually doesn't mean "out"

Zimmer gives them 5 DT on the active roster.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

There goes my idea of playing him at DEnd. Bummer.

I really don't think he's a DE.  I know Miami just put Ogbah on IR, but if they think Zimmer can play DE in his place they may be disappointed.

Wonder if they're looking for advanced intel on the Bills offense, since Zimmer has been on the PS.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.