Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

6 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I thought he was playing pretty well last week before Oliver and Milano made his acquaintance - on a bad weather day he threw for 268 yards. "Reached the level of his own incompetence" feels like a reach to me. While I get your point about what the Bills did to him after his historic game against Cincy,  I just don't get the rush to judgement - it's the easiest thing in the world to predict an NFL QB will never make it.

He got destroyed last time he played the Bills also throwing 4 INTs. Maybe he should just be "sick" next time we play.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He got destroyed last time he played the Bills also throwing 4 INTs. Maybe he should just be "sick" next time we play.

Yup, that happened two weeks after his big game against Cincy. He played well against us last week IMO - until the pounding we dealt out.

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm sure it's what White wanted to do, but IMHO if a guy has to rush off the field to hop into an ambulance and go to the ER, he quite possibly should just Do It and not play the rest of the game first.

10 honest doctors I guess!

They must not work for the NFL or the jets.

11 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Yup, that happened two weeks after his big game against Cincy. He played well against us last week IMO - until the pounding we dealt out.

Fear not Jets fans ... White will back soon enough - like next week after Wilson tanks the Lions game.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Certainly not ... just a general comment aimed at the enemy who might be perusing this forum.

My personal opinion is the Jets will end up being worse off long term if Zach has a good game and they stick with him longer. 

But living where I do, I'd love to see Zach implode early on Sunday, Flacco come in and be Flacco - and then revel in local sports radio on Monday.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rodgers and the ny media would be awesome theater. I just want the jets in QB purgatory. Hope Wilson looks good this week so they contemplate giving him more time. He just might against the lions. 

Ugh, what a nightmare scenario. I hate the way the Jets are trending. 

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

My personal opinion is the Jets will end up being worse off long term if Zach has a good game and they stick with him longer. 

But living where I do, I'd love to see Zach implode early on Sunday, Flacco come in and be Flacco - and then revel in local sports radio on Monday.

I mean, can't we hope for both?  A terrible game AND they stick with him a long time.  😉

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

White is tough as nails. Bills should try to get him as a backup.

I'd doubt the Jets are just going to let him walk after the year Zach Wilson has had and if you're White, why would you want to take a gig in which you have no chance to start? Dude's got Bridge QB or Training Camp competition written all over him.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd doubt the Jets are just going to let him walk after the year Zach Wilson has had and if you're White, why would you want to take a gig in which you have no chance to start? Dude's got Bridge QB or Training Camp competition written all over him.

I agree, but no harm in trying.

Mike White or Taylor Heinicke for backup QB next year.

15 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm sure it's what White wanted to do, but IMHO if a guy has to rush off the field to hop into an ambulance and go to the ER, he quite possibly should just Do It and not play the rest of the game first.

100%, and I feel like that is why it is smart the NFL put guys into watch the players. Except when they....don't do their job at all, lol.

Anybody think the Jets let him come back in if they have no playoff shot? I think all of a sudden they would 'show a high degree of care for the health of their players'.

16 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I thought he was playing pretty well last week before Oliver and Milano made his acquaintance - on a bad weather day he threw for 268 yards. "Reached the level of his own incompetence" feels like a reach to me. While I get your point about what the Bills did to him after his historic game against Cincy,  I just don't get the rush to judgement - it's the easiest thing in the world to predict an NFL QB will never make it.

Sooner or later everyone reaches the level of their own incompetence. Though the bar is different for every human being.

18 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think he’s going to get a much larger deal than that.  He’s shown to be pretty damn good in multiple garbage situations.  I would not be shocked to see him get 20+/yr for 3 years like a modern day Mike Glennon.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.