Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Bet they wish they had kept Geno Smith. I hope Wilson returns in time to play the Bills.

No, they can't possibly regret moving on from Geno Smith - it's been 6 years since he played for the Jets, not 6 months.

Zach, Flac or Mike Effin White - idgaf - hell, bring back Geno.  If we can't beat that team at home with any of those QB's we're not ready for the SB run some of us think is possible.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Like who saw it coming, the year he's had. Good for him

I liked Geno back in the 2013 draft over EJ. I remember watching him and Tavon Austin obliterate Clemson in their bowl game the year before and googling whether they were draft eligible. He stayed for an underwhelming senior season and then went to the Jets who ruin all quarterbacks they touched. He always had really good talent but needed some organizational support. I don’t think he is a top 10 QB, but top 10-15 I think he can stay in that range for a few years. Glad to see him persevere. Glad the Jets are a dumpster fire forever.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

Like who saw it coming, the year he's had. Good for him

I remember last year when he went in for Wilson when he hurt his hand and was shocked at how well he did. I thought then they may just move on from Wilson if Geno always looked that way. 

Dude was always talented and he did a really smart thing backing up some really good QBs (Eli, Rivers) to learn the game more. Really happy for him

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, eball said:

Unless his name is Steve Young?

And Jim McMahon. He was 67-30 as a starter and above league average in qb rating in 7 out of the 10 seasons he had enough passes to register. And in one of those seasons, his rating-plus was 99 (100 is league average). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McMaJi00.htm

He had a pretty good career, all things considered. Lasted 15 seasons. He actually has 2 rings too — he was Favre’s backup in 1996 and handled end-of-game kneel down duties vs the Pats in the SB.

Edited by dave mcbride

18 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

That was 38 years ago.

Even a blind squirrel will occasionally find a nut

38 years ago.

In modern NFL times, my point holds

If you check the archives here, I am quite sure you will also find "Never draft an Alabama QB." 

I think there was some sense to the old "Never draft a [name of college] QB" when college offenses were wildly different. It is the same way of thinking that got USC or Stanford labeled as NFL QB factories. It's really difficult to make it in the NFL

12 hours ago, WideNine said:

I don't think Allen ever struggled taking ownership of bad play or if he and the offense let a great defensive performance go to waste.

If anything he can be a bit too hard on himself and press too much on game day. I think he genuinely takes it hard when he feels he lets the team and fans down.

Zach's "No" when asked if the offense let the defense down was ill advised.

He should have acknowledged that the defense played a great game and taken accountability for improving his own performance leading the offense.

I was speaking more to his early play on the field and I agree with your sentiment. Zack isn’t the natural leader Josh is and will never be. He can learn that, IDK if he’s got the head to turn around the on-field performance

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.