Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

How did they break the news to the team?  Can’t imagine Wilson was present. 

Saleh: “Ok, real quick guys, before Zach steps in the room…..he’s been benched. (Load cheer goes up from defensive players in back of room).  Now act like everything’s normal - here he comes!”

I heard they turned all of the locker room lights off and when Zach Wilson walked in they turned them on and everyone said "Surprise!" and to the tune of Happy Birthday they sang "You've been benched for Mike White."

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

"Mike White's stats are better!"

* 6.1 INT% *

lol nah I'm good

you can't be serious? This is why you should watch football. White had one disasterous game and since his sample size is so low.. that skews that particular stat. Zach Wilson has had multiple games that bad. 

..and why did you choose just the one, huh? Do the rest of them not fit your strange narrative? 

Why even bother with such utter nonsense? Wilson is currently ranked 34th among starting QBs. I get math is hard for you, but there's only 32 teams and 34 is more than 32. 

Sam Darnold was much better than Zach Wilson in his time with the Jets.. that's how bad he is. 

Zach Wilson has been the worst starting QB in football and it's not even close. 

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

"Mike White's stats are better!"

* 6.1 INT% *

lol nah I'm good

16 minutes ago, Malazan said:

you can't be serious? This is why you should watch football. White had one disasterous game and since his sample size is so low.. that skews that particular stat. Zach Wilson has had multiple games that bad. 

..and why did you choose just the one, huh? Do the rest of them not fit your strange narrative? 

Why even bother with such utter nonsense? Wilson is currently ranked 34th among starting QBs. I get math is hard for you, but there's only 32 teams and 34 is more than 32. 

Sam Darnold was much better than Zach Wilson in his time with the Jets.. that's how bad he is. 

Are you guys really arguing about who the BETTER Jets QB?  😵

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, boater said:

This decision is a total choke from Saleh.

Is Wilson uncoachable? His record suggests no. Coach that QB.

I wonder how much of this is attributable to a knee-jerk reaction to the toxic NYC media.

I wonder the opposite - whether this is something that's been festering in the locker room and finally boiled over this past Sunday to the point that Saleh could no longer ignore it. There were hints of it last year after White had a big game.

Edited by SinceThe70s

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Saleh must be taking the temperature of the locker room there...

No starter announced yet but Mike White has moved ahead of Flacco on depth chart.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/23/jets-bench-zach-wilson/amp/

I'm sure his piss poor attitude following the loss to the Pats and failing to take any responsibility factored into it.  Guaranteed that didn't go over well with the coaching staff and in the locker room.

Edited by Billz4ever

1 minute ago, DaggersEOD said:

Geno but that may not last

It might not last, but Geno is a great comp to Zach. Both lost the Jets locker room - I figured Geno was finished when he got his jaw broken by a no-name guy on defense and nobody else on the Jets seemed to care. And I'm not saying Zach will amount to anything - he's dug himself a pretty deep hole - but the rush to judgement on QBs (good or bad) is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

Saleh didn’t have much of a choice after that press conference. He was going to lose the locker room, that is pretty obvious.

If Zach wants to have a chance he needs to take a step back and get his head back on straight. We did the same thing with Josh but we got to blame it on an elbow injury. Josh came back a different QB after watching for a few games. IDK if Zack can do that, I doubt it, but except for against Buffalo (of course) he’s a disaster and looks as bad or worse than last year. 

44 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Remember tyrods game against new Orleans the week before McDermott started Peterman? Think he threw for a similar amount of yards in that game. 

Yes, I had that thought too. Felt like McD had to do something. Unfortunately it was the wrong thing. But hey they still made the playoffs… then got drafted a qb

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Saleh didn’t have much of a choice after that press conference. He was going to lose the locker room, that is pretty obvious.

If Zach wants to have a chance he needs to take a step back and get his head back on straight. We did the same thing with Josh but we got to blame it on an elbow injury. Josh came back a different QB after watching for a few games. IDK if Zack can do that, I doubt it, but except for against Buffalo (of course) he’s a disaster and looks as bad or worse than last year. 

I don't think Allen ever struggled taking ownership of bad play or if he and the offense let a great defensive performance go to waste.

If anything he can be a bit too hard on himself and press too much on game day. I think he genuinely takes it hard when he feels he lets the team and fans down.

Zach's "No" when asked if the offense let the defense down was ill advised.

He should have acknowledged that the defense played a great game and taken accountability for improving his own performance leading the offense.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Malazan said:

pick any of Whites other 3 games…

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

I think the difference is that Josh's problems were on-field and Zach's are both on-field and off-field.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.