Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

44 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think it's a "listen to the fans" thing.  I think Wilson totally pissed off the defense with his responses in the post-game presser, especially if they reflect his demeanor in the locker room. 

Taking orders from the players gets you in the stands just as quickly.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Noooooo

Old Billy Belichick claims another scalp

hannibal lecter 90s GIF

4 minutes ago, LeviF said:

“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them” was said by Philadelphia Eagles football coach Joe Kuharich (1917-1981) in 1967.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think it's a "listen to the fans" thing.  I think Wilson totally pissed off the defense with his responses in the post-game presser, especially if they reflect his demeanor in the locker room. 

I know if I were part of a defense that just held the Patriots to 3 points and lost on a stupid decision to punt down the middle of the field, I would want my QB to respond to a question "do you feel you let the defense down?" about 100 different ways other than "No.  No."  If Wilson honestly feels he played his ass off and the WR and OL and play design totally let him down, there are plenty of better responses - he can say something like "We lost.  It sucks.  Any time you put up less points than the other team, the offense needs to play better and that starts with me".

Very canned and not particularly personally accountable, but better than "No.  No."

I'm just weirded out at how good the Bills managed to make Wilson look against us. 

I didn't know that he basically threw his D under the bus.  Bench his azz 

3 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

“If you listen to the fans, you’ll find yourself sitting with them” was said by Philadelphia Eagles football coach Joe Kuharich (1917-1981) in 1967.

Thanks Mr. Clavin. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dancing_joker said:

As a Bills fan, I really think Wilson needs another 2 maybe 3 years before you know he’s not the guy. Take 10 even…you really need to be sure your decision is the correct one haha

Probably.

Jets spent way too much draft capital, they will probably hope they can salvage him.  After he Geno Smith resurrection, nothing is impossible.

27 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This smells like a desperation move by the Jets knowing they are facing an uphill battle the rest of the season with some very tough games left on the road against Bills/Vikings/Dolphins/Seahawks. Even with marginal improvement with QB play I have a hard time seeing them going 1-3 at best in these games.

But at the end of the day it's still pretty depressing we lost to this team with Wilson playing QB and will likely be the game that haunts this team down the road if they were to finish a game behind KC in the final standings.

The Jets fans and media act like their defense is soooo Good.  I think (hope) they get exposed in their upcoming games.  I think their D is overrated.  Like all NFL teams, they have some good players but are not the brick wall they think they are.

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I don't know that he threw the D under the bus per se, but he was asked straight out: "you scored 3 points, do you feel you let the defense down?" and he said very shortly "No.  No."

It came across as very lacking in personal responsibility, especially compared to other QB in the league who had situations where they were playing hurt and had an OL that wasn't even handing defenders a tube of lube as they flew by, but still took responsibility "Yes, starts with me, I have to play better".

I think Saleh had to bench Wilson's ass or lose the locker room.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

I saw the presser. Wilson was asked if he or the offense let the defense down (held NE to 3 points until the last minute punt return).

Wilson said no in a pretty flippant manner.

Compare to Allen who had some costly picks/ the fumble in losses.

'It was on me, I need to do better'. Even then the Bills had chances to win most of those games, but Allen acknowledged his errors and took the blame for the losses like a leader.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, LeviF said:

A fair point, but failing to react appropriately to performance and "read the room" will also put you there.

Consider if McDermott failed to acknowledge to the team that he made a mistake starting Peterman but instead kept playing him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

A fair point, but failing to react appropriately to performance and "read the room" will also put you there.

Consider if McDermott failed to acknowledge to the team that he made a mistake starting Peterman but instead kept playing him.

I'm not a Zach Wilson guy but he's better than Mike White and Joe Flacco. It's not even a debate.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I saw the presser. Wilson was asked if he or the offense let the defense down (held NE to 3 points until the last minute punt return).

Wilson said no in a pretty flippant manner.

Compare to Allen who had some costly picks/ the fumble in losses.

'It was on me, I need to do better'. Even then the Bills had chances to win most of those games, but Allen acknowledged his errors and took the blame for the losses like a leader.

As someone else mentioned. I think his head coach was in danger of losing the locker room if he kept Wilson playing.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.