Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yet again, Jets Draft the wrong guy. I understand he’s become the new Ryan Leaf; total butthead.

JESTS JESTS JESTS!

To be fair that entire QB class sucks. I guess the right play was to just not draft a QB. At least they didn't give up three first round picks to draft Trey Lance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Saleh must be taking the temperature of the locker room there...

No starter announced yet but Mike White has moved ahead of Flacco on depth chart.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/23/jets-bench-zach-wilson/amp/

This is such an odd decision… if you were going to bench your young QB for struggling in the midst of a playoff run, wouldn’t you replace with your capable backup QB (Flacco) rather than with a QB with less experience (White)

Flacco seems to be such a better choice

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I have to think the combination of his play in the last game against New England along with his comments after the game are what did it. Barely a week ago Saleh was raving about Wilson and wouldn’t even consider benching him. He even went as far as to say he would be the starter for the rest of the season.

But that post game press conference probably really rubbed guys the wrong way in the locker room. I think Saleh maybe felt he was in danger of losing the room if he didn’t make this move. You can’t preach accountability and always doing what’s best for the team then continue to start Wilson after that whole fiasco.

I still think it’s likely he sees the field again this season. I think this might be about giving him a breath as well as trying to humble him a bit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

This is such an odd decision… if you were going to bench your young QB for struggling in the midst of a playoff run, wouldn’t you replace with your capable backup QB (Flacco) rather than with a QB with less experience (White)

Flacco seems to be such a better choice

Apparently he didn't look great when he played earlier in the year...put up better numbers but didn't look amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t get it. He’s your guy, let him play out a couple full seasons, then make a decision on his future during the offseason. This is a different scenario if you’re replacing a struggling veteran QB with someone of equal skill. Everyone knows that Mike White or Joe Flacco aren’t going to play much better. I don’t see any of these QB’s giving the Jets a greater chance to win than the next guy. It seems more like disciplinary action for Wilson acting like a punk, which the team knew when they drafted him. 

5 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Zach Wilson addressed the team after Saleh:

Ill Be Back Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF

Just give it a week or 2 w/ Mike White. 

White was terrible against us last season but I guess he had that great game vs Cincy and then the good half when they were getting beaten up by (the colts?) and he was at least getting the ball out quickly and being decisive.

They probably figure with that defense all they need is a guy who can lead them to 17 points and they can win. They just need hi to do the short passes and protect the ball. Wilson couldn't even do that. there was a play vs NE when he was just throwing it to a RB on the sideline and he tossed it 10 yards over his head

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.