Micah Hyde leaves the door open to returning this season, per Joe Buscaglia

Logic

42 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Kinda makes Tre look even worse here. I hope we do get him back we need him.

2 completely different injuries. I hate how because Tre isn’t spending his time in front of a mic letting everyone know every little update for him he’s all of a sudden this huge burden on the team and fans 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Logic said:

https://theathletic.com/3925801/2022/11/23/bills-thoughts-thanksgiving-lions/

1. Micah Hyde leaves the door open to returning this season

When Bills star safety Micah Hyde injured his neck in the first month of the season, the initial thought was that his season was over. Hyde and his teammates used the #23in23 hashtag, alluding to the safety’s number and his return for the 2023 season. Hyde successfully underwent a neck procedure that has helped solve the pain he had been dealing with for a long time and returned to Orchard Park nearly a month ago to be with the franchise. It’s long been a foregone conclusion that his year was over, but some recent activity has been, at the very least, interesting.

Ahead of the Bills’ game against the Browns on Sunday, Hyde was seen getting some work in with other inactive players under the guidance of the strength and conditioning staff. Then again on Tuesday, the Bills’ lone practice of the week, Hyde was again going through some running drills with injured members of the 53-man roster. After practice, The Athletic caught up with Hyde following the recent developments.

Hyde revealed that he was just cleared to run “a little bit,” and said he’s taking it one day at a time. But when asked if there was any possible hope of coming back this season, Hyde left the door open to the idea — a slight departure from when initially placed on injured reserve.

“I would love to. I would love to. We’ll see,” Hyde told The Athletic Tuesday. “It’s not really up to me. It’s kind of up to the doctors. Historically, no. But I’m not dealing with… those are other people, other situations. So, we’ll see what happens.”

The fact that Hyde didn’t immediately shut down the idea meant that a potential return this season is possible, even if it’s only a slight chance. Hyde’s reference to those “other people” and “other situations” is also pretty impactful. It’s also worth pointing out that players will always veer on the optimistic side, and there’s no doubt that Hyde would love to be a part of the season he and the organization have been building toward over the five previous seasons. But if the Bills did get Hyde back, it would be an incredible boost to a defense capable of excellent results without him. But there’s a long way to go and several things that have to go right before the idea becomes a reality.

This has been speculated a little on TSW with the way IR is now........so I wondered when we were going to see this kinda' news.   Coming down the stretch and he knows this is his last best shot at getting a SB ring.   Next season the veteran roster pieces will start falling off in larger numbers so it's going to cease being a monumental upset every time they lose a game.  

It would really be something if the Bills entered the playoffs with, for the first time all season, a fully in tact secondary.

White, Hyde, Poyer, Johnson, and then the Jackson/Elam/Benford/Rhodes combo platter, who by then will all have a heap of experience and reps in this scheme.

A boy can hope.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Great news! If he could be back in time for the playoff run that would be amazing. Won’t get my hopes up tho…

Yeah, but once he's cleared the Bills staff will want to ramp him up to game speed over 8-10 weeks like Tre, so he probably won't be back until next Thanksgiving at the earliest.  I keed, i keed.

• Haha (+1) 2

As unlikely as it probably is, this is incredible news! Every time he speaks he never really fully acknowledges next season. Even the 23 in 23 is vague with respect to this year or next. I suspect his attitude toward it has a lot to do with him as a competitor, but if the medical staff clears him later this year then let’s go!! Always thought it would be cool if we made it to the Super Bowl and he came back to help us win it alongside Poyer. What an emotional boost that would be. 

19 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Man what an injection that would be. If we can beat Detroit, get healthy over 10 days, then get some guys back (Edmonds, Rousseau,Hyde, White) we can for sure make a run through the rest of the season.

We don't have 10 days. We play again next Thursday, so we have a usual week.

We do have 10 days after that, though, to get ready for...the Jets.

No way Hyde returns anytime before the playoffs, and I doubt he does at all. But man, hasn't this season really made you appreciate what we had back there with Hyde, Poyer, and White all playing at the same time?