Micah Hyde leaves the door open to returning this season, per Joe Buscaglia

Logic

I don't believe Hyde, the coaching staff, or the medical staff at 1 Bills Dr. would do anything to put him in harms way & his over all health is a priority & the only way he would step on the field this year again is if he is completely with out risk of this particular injury causing him any health issues in the future .

But with that every time these guys suit up there is the possibility of them getting a injury that could effect the rest of their lives for a long period of time but i think in time he & others over seeing his recovery will make the right choices at the right time ...

Bu the would be a welcome sight on the field especially if they make it to the pay offs !!

GO BILLS !!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Has anyone asked why this wasn't caught and dealt with after last season? If he has been having pain for a long time why did they not deal with it last January??

25 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The neck is nothing to mess with but I’m sure the docs know what they’re doing 

You give doctors too much credit.  They are just using best judgment as none of this stuff is studied in elite athletes returning to NFL...Case in point Mr. Eichel

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

2 completely different injuries. I hate how because Tre isn’t spending his time in front of a mic letting everyone know every little update for him he’s all of a sudden this huge burden on the team and fans 

That's not a fair assessment of the situation.  Tre has been cleared to practice and not on the injury report for nearly a month now. Its fair for media and fans to question why. Nobody on this board would expect Hyde back this season after neck surgery.  Expecting a player to come back in a year after an ACL repair is actually quite reasonable and apparently the Bills medical staff agrees.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

How is this possible though because I thought he was put on season ending IR?

There is no season ending IR anymore (at last not not right away). 4 game minimum, and then after that the player can return if healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, jletha said:

There is no season ending IR anymore (at last not not right away). 4 game minimum, and then after that the player can return if healthy.

This is correct.  When they return to practice, they have a 4 week window to be added to the active roster. If they don't get added to the roster in that 4 week window, then it's season ending and they can't come back.

Hyde wouldn't even hint at that (IMO) unless there was a decent chance of it happening.

Keep Tre on ice until a few games left in the season so he can ramp up, find a way to heal Poyer's bionic elbow, and let's go into the playoffs with 2 rookie CBs who just got a ton of experience, plus a 100% Tre White and Hyde and Poyer.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I had a herniated disk in my back, had surgery and was full go in 3 months.  I did think it was a bit odd he was out for the entire year but a neck be more susceptible or they make take longer to heal...not sure there.  But it would be huge if he could return.

Do you run into other humans over and over at a high speed at your day job? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

How is this possible though because I thought he was put on season ending IR?

There is no season ending IR anymore unless the player starts to practice and doesnt get put on the roster within 4 weeks or the Bills use all 8 of those 4 week IRs the NFL allows.

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There is no season ending IR anymore unless the player starts to practice and doesnt get put on the roster within 4 weeks or the Bills use all 8 of those 4 week IRs the NFL allows.

Did some googling and came up empty.  Anyone got a list of how many of the 8 slots the Bills have used so far this season?