Cardinals fire O Line coach after “incident” in Mexico City

Captain Hindsight

7 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

No, I think people automatically went to things one could realistically be fired for. Wouldn’t matter what country he was in. 

Right. Couldn't be assault. Couldn't be getting in a fight. Couldn't be severe drunkenness. Couldn't be racial slurs. Couldn't be attacking a player. Couldn't be yelling at the head coach. Insubordination. Drunken driving. Pissing or crapping in public. Pushing a metermaid. Pissing on the Mexican equivalent of the Alamo. Stealing someone's burrito. Going into the other team's locker room and causing problems. Attacking or screaming at the refs after the game. Driving a rental car into light pole and running away. Hitting his girlfriend. Hitting his mistress.

Think I could go on?

No, no, couldn't be one of those or something else.

You're totally right. It happened in Mexico and he got fired. Must be prostitution or drugs.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Right. Couldn't be assault. Couldn't be getting in a fight. Couldn't be severe drunkenness. Couldn't be racial slurs. Couldn't be attacking a player. Couldn't be yelling at the head coach. Insubordination. Drunken driving. Pissing or crapping in public. Pushing a metermaid. Pissing on the Mexican equivalent of the Alamo. Stealing someone's burrito. Going into the other team's locker room and causing problems. Attacking or screaming at the refs after the game. Driving a rental car into light pole and running away. Hitting his girlfriend. Hitting his mistress.

Think I could go on?

You're totally right. It happened in Mexico and he got fired. Must be prostitution or drugs.

Well actually he probably is right as in the NFL if you do any of those things you mention, you often will get a new contract for more money!  For sure couldn't have been hitting girlfriend or wife.  Admittedly with coaches, it is a much shorter rope.

11 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Think I could go on?

I don’t think anything you listed would lead to an automatic firing while out of the country, especially since it doesn’t sound like he was arrested by the police. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I knew it!! Had to be something sexual to get fired that quickly.

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

So beat a kid, we'll cover for you as long as we can. Grab a woman, you're hitchhiking home from Huixquilucan.

Good messaging, Cardinals.

NFL can't have another DeSean Watson situation especially when the NFLPA already is saying the standard is different for owners, coaches and execs than for players.

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Wow, as I look through the thread I wonder about some of you folks.

Mexico is mentioned and it goes straight to prostitution and drugs. And that's thought hilarious.

It's a beautiful country with a fantastic culture.

Yeah, there are drugs and prostitution there. I've heard there are one or two places in America also where you can find those.

No one insulted the country of Mexico...lol.  People are so damn sensitive.  I think it's more like: the premise is a high testosterone meathead man travels to foreign country away from wife and kids - now, what's the most likely type of trouble he's going to get into?  And this goes for if the game was played in London, France, Germany, etc.

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Wow, as I look through the thread I wonder about some of you folks.

Mexico is mentioned and it goes straight to prostitution and drugs. And that's thought hilarious.

It's a beautiful country with a fantastic culture.

Yeah, there are drugs and prostitution there. I've heard there are one or two places in America also where you can find those.

Coaches don't get fired for taking in the scenery and culture.

3 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

So beat a kid, we'll cover for you as long as we can. Grab a woman, you're hitchhiking home from Huixquilucan.

Good messaging, Cardinals.

Honestly, based on the order those events took place...would it have been better if they also covered for Kugler now?  What else are they supposed to do?  They can't go back in time and correct their handling of the previous incident...they can only deal with the current incident.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So the Browns will hire him?

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I knew it!! Had to be something sexual to get fired that quickly.

NFL can't have another DeSean Watson situation especially when the NFLPA already is saying the standard is different for owners, coaches and execs than for players.

The standard is, if you're a player you get a big contract with lots of guaranteed money like Watson did?  That different standard?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.