DaQuan Jones Appreciation Thread

EmotionallyUnstable

I like this guy a ton in the ground game.

He has been quietly stout against the run. Many times, he’s blowing up plays before they have a chance to develop. Although he doesn’t always show up on the stat sheet, he is wildly impactful. 

In a time with a ton of injuries at LB, it is paramount that our DL can stop rushes at the point of attack. We’ve all seen what can happen at the second level with this team when runs start to develop. IMO he has stepped up and made behind the scene play after play in the run game and no one ever mentions him. 

As a pass rusher, he leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but I won’t get into that here. He ain’t perfect, but he is helping out more than most would know. 

He is one of the reasons I am hopeful for our still-depleted defense on Thanksgiving. Keep it up, Jones!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

He has been quietly stout against the run. Many times, he’s blowing up plays before they have a chance to develop. Although he doesn’t always show up on the stat sheet, he is wildly impactful. 

In a time with a ton of injuries at LB, it is paramount that our DL can stop rushes at the point of attack. We’ve all seen what can happen at the second level with this team when runs start to develop. IMO he has stepped up and made behind the scene play after play in the run game and no one ever mentions him. 

As a pass rusher, he leaves a lot to be desired IMO, but I won’t get into that here. He ain’t perfect, but he is helping out more than most would know. 

He is one of the reasons I am hopeful for our still-depleted defense on Thanksgiving. Keep it up, Jones!

About Time.

Jones has been a difference maker . Not just because he balls out. But because Frazier can play a different game this year.

Love Jones and super underated IMHO !

He and Tim Settle are my favorite two to watch up front.
Unlike Phillips these guys have discipline and stick to the task at hand.
Nice mix with Oliver and Phillips as penetrating DTs

and when Jones gets push on a double? You can see it shift the RB and or QB off the spot or lane
Thanks for finally getting the Shout Out up here for D Jones !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Even with the salary cap expanding, he’s still making far less than what Star Loutoto got. 

Goes to show you a solid big fat 1t doesn’t cost much.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm all in; he's been very good for almost the entire season and nearly unlockable at times.

The Bills seem to have recently flipped their rotation a bit and are playing him with Ed Oliver more than they were earlier. Leaving one of these guys singled all day has created some real problems for opposing offenses.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm all in; he's been very good for almost the entire season and nearly unlockable at times.

The Bills seem to have recently flipped their rotation a bit and are playing him with Ed Oliver more than they were earlier. Leaving one of these guys singled all day has created some real problems for opposing offenses.

Like I mentioned , allows McFrazier some more flex in how they line up.

I think this season (excepting injuries) this roster is closer to what they ( McBeanes ) had in mind to rotate for situational football as the call it .

do Jones and Settle have two year or + contracts ?

7 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

do Jones and Settle have two year or + contracts ?

Jones, Settle, Oliver are all free agents to be in 2024…DL will have little turnover next year with Epinessa, Von, Groot and Basham all back on contract.

The only expiring contracts are Phillips and Lawson 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Jones, Settle, Oliver are all free agents to be in 2024…DL will have little turnover next year with Epinessa, Von, Groot and Basham all back on contract.

Thanks my friend for helping my considering .
I feel pretty good about that excepting AJ , whom is underperforming imo. Bad fit ?

But cool about Jones Settle and Oliver !

Go Bills

11 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Ok

stubborn old coot are you.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Thanks my friend for helping my considering .
I feel pretty good about that excepting AJ , whom is underperforming imo. Bad fit ?

But cool about Jones Settle and Oliver !

Go Bills

stubborn old coot are you.

You forgot cheap:flirt:

41 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I'd love Lawson and Phillips back yet the latter under a lower salary.

From what I can see, Jones is the difference in stopping the run we lacked last year. Settle and Jones were great pick ups and happy to have both back next year. Phillips and Shaq as well. I can't wait to see at least one game with all the starters health and playing. This has been an injury year like no other. 

• Like (+1) 4

When the opposing offense was stifled in the run, it was because of Jones and Settle. They’ve been great additions to this team.

Josh, do some yoga, be calm before each game and not every throw has to be a score.  Be calm Josh.  We’ll destroy everyone.  We’ll even keep up with KC.

Hey, and Beane, go make it so and get OBJ.  Like the phrase, and “unstoppable force”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I gotta bump this.

Dude absolutely balled out and played like a mad man today. Shout out to him, Big Ed and Settle for showing up against the run and being our saving grace in as pass rushers while we’re down our two starting DEs.

I can’t wait to watch the film.

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.