Devin Singletary Mic'd Up Bills vs. Browns

Warcodered

• Warcodered changed the title to Devin Singletary Mic'd Up Bills vs. Browns

Gonna hate to see this guy go. He runs hard and is a good dual threat back when given the opportunity. He just doesn't do either at an elite level and will cough it up now and then. Don't ever recall him being injured for any prolonged periods. 

Personally I hope he's retained.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 4

I have been an unwavering fan of this Kid.

They keep D and Cook and that  Hines next year or two, hell yes we got somethin' 

Devin got the Bills Blood .
Dorsey and Kromer just need to make those 3 shine on.
Allen will get his all day

if they keep those 3 and make them work

ty for the video War. good workout last week

Hands down the best segment of the clip is at 6:30 shortly following spencer brown telling Motor he tackled him…

Brown lays on his back, raises both hands in the air as if waiting for the parade of browns defenders walking by to help him up. After 3 seconds, he rolls off. 

what an awesome slice of humble pie served cold. Brown is icyyyy

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Gonna hate to see this guy go. He's runs hard and is a good dual threat back when given the opportunity. He just doesn't do either at an elite level and will cough it up now and then. Don't ever recall him being injured for any prolonged periods. 

I think we will retain him. I just don't see a market for him out there that the Bills would not be competitive in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Gonna hate to see this guy go. He's runs hard and is a good dual threat back when given the opportunity. He just doesn't do either at an elite level and will cough it up now and then. Don't ever recall him being injured for any prolonged periods. 

With the amount of RB's on the market combined with the what RB's get paid, I could see him not having a big market. The question is with Poyer, Edmunds, Morse, Saffold, Phillips, and more as UFA's - will they want to pay ANYTHING for a veteran RB?

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

With the amount of RB's on the market combined with the what RB's get paid, I could see him not having a big market. The question is with Poyer, Edmunds, Morse, Saffold, Phillips, and more as UFA's - will they want to pay ANYTHING for a veteran RB?

Morse just signed an extension through 2024. Saffold zero chance we resign, hopefully we replace with a cheap rookie. But yes the rest are much higher priority than singletary.

45 minutes ago, BBills_88 said:

I don't think he going anywhere next year. 

Dorsey was the one who put the Bills onto Motor.

He walks. You have to keep in mind, this is his biggest opportunity for a large pay day. We are not in a position to do so, but others will be. I think he’ll take more money elsewhere, and given the acquisition Cook (2nd round pick) and the trade for Hines (4.5mil in 2023), they  likely had the foresight to see this coming. 

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Edmunds

Oliver

Poyer 

in that order 

BUT a stud WR before all of them in FA would be nice!

26 minutes ago, Process said:

Morse just signed an extension through 2024. Saffold zero chance we resign, hopefully we replace with a cheap rookie. But yes the rest are much higher priority than singletary.

Good catch. Spotrac needs to update their page. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/buffalo-bills/

They also hypothesize Singletary's market at 5.3 million a year. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

55 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I guess it would really all depend on how Cook develops as the season goes on. He's gonna need a running mate though because he's not a "bell cow" type RB.

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

He walks. You have to keep in mind, this is his biggest opportunity for a large pay day. We are not in a position to do so, but others will be. I think he’ll take more money elsewhere, and given the acquisition Cook (2nd round pick) and the trade for Hines (4.5mil in 2023), they  likely had the foresight to see this coming. 

Edmunds

Oliver

Poyer 

in that order 

FIXED

Poyer - Hamlin may replace Hyde and we don't go drastically downhill. With Poyer out, there's a big hole in the D that can't get fixed easily. 

Edmunds - We need him. 

Oliver. DL is deep but Ed is a priority too. We've got to keep our own.

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Edmunds

Oliver

Poyer 

in that order 

They love Singletary and the feeling is mutual

He is always the first guy there picking up whoever's been tackled. Without fail. Coaches love ***** like that

I’ll really miss motor when he’s gone.  Physical limitations held him back from being a great RB.  The kid can really make people miss.  While he never reproduced what he did in college for us, he had his moments.  I appreciate him

I hope he is not gone for a few years yet.  Plenty of tread left.  I do understand:  It is all a question of $$, you can't sign everybody, no second contracts for RBs etc etc.  For me, that just goes to price.  Within what Beane might be willing to pay, I hope he can get it done because Motor is a glue guy, a gamer, he does the dirty work, he moves the chains, and he is a great teammate.  He is part of what makes these Bills.  Keep him and Cook together and we could have a very nice backside combination, and maybe we can even stop drafting running backs for a couple years.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.