McKenzie's Place in the Offense Going Forward

Warriorspikes51

mckenzie is really having a down season.  not a details guy.

crowder getting hurt i think cost us a game or two this season.  not that he's the goat, but he was a steady vet and found soft spots on 3rd down and showed good hands.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I was not thrilled with them calling his number on the two point conversion attempt against the Browns. The smallest guy on the field and their 5th or 6th best option there...if that. They got too cute and outsmarted themselves. Overall, he's 'meh' to me. Seems like a great locker room guy who fills a niche but is not reliable enough to be a difference maker on a consistent basis.

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

I would add that we are not getting the production from McKenzie, that we got from our former slot receiver who I shall not name due to the political leanings of this board.  Either it is the play calling or simply McKenzie can't get open in the slot not sure which is the cause. 

Beasley, his skills and relationship with QB1 are sorely missed. 

That said, he doesn’t have those skills anymore and has since retired. But we really should find a true replacement as he was the engine that drove our O when he was balling out. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

Cole Beasley in 2022 is likely not the answer.  He’s a small receiver and wore down last year.  

That being said.  He is literally the second most important player that Josh Allen has ever relied on in the NFL. 

They were, by all accounts, very close .. and Josh Allen’s development had Cole Beasley as his safety valve since his second year in the league. 

I think we all underestimated the loss of Cole. 

Now, what do we do?  If it were me, the answer is two-fold.  

1) Knox, one of Allen’s closest friends.. similar to the Beasley relationship, becomes the safety valve like we saw against Cleveland.  No reason he shouldn’t have the role we saw on Sunday in this offense with only Diggs and Davis demanding receiving targets.  

2) Flip Hines and McKenzie in the Offense.  Use Hines as the gadget/slot move around piece.  Bring in McKenzie for jet sweep motion and red zone packages. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

32 minutes ago, Simon said:

Probably the least instinctive football player to wear a Bills uniform since that clueless lacrosse player that us and then Belichik squeezed a couple 9 routes out of before everybody realized he had no idea where he was or what else was happening around him on the field. Chris something or other?

Agreed. Christian Wade was a better prospect than McKittrick is as a player.

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hogan and he was better than he got credit for. 

Well at least this found us a place where we can diverge for once. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Agreed. Christian Wade was a better prospect than McKittrick is as a player.

It was Hogan, not Wade and I don't think either was appreciably better or worse.

They just remind me of one another because they have absolutely zero instincts on a ball field.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Well at least this found us a place where we can diverge for once. :lol:

It was Hogan, not Wade.

And they just remind me of one another because they have zero instincts on a ball filed.

Wade, our British soccer player, is who I was referring to. Never played a regular season game, but had more common sense and actual ability than McKittrick ever has, imo.

Just now, Arkady Renko said:

Fans seeing the result of chasing Beasley out of town now think the solution is chasing another player out of town. 

Pretty sure Beasley chased himself out of town and there are currently 32 NFL teams who don't want him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.