McKenzie's Place in the Offense Going Forward

Warriorspikes51

Thoughts on how to use him going forward?

At this point, it's time to start giving more opportunities to Shakir, Hines and Cook 

I do think Isaiah is very effective when put in motion 

He quietly has 4 TD's 

I could see us making him inactive at Detroit and then catching the Patriots off guard a bit by giving him a lot of touches next week (which gave the Pats nightmares in the game there last season)

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I would add that we are not getting the production from McKenzie, that we got from our former slot receiver who I shall not name due to the political leanings of this board.  Either it is the play calling or simply McKenzie can't get open in the slot not sure which is the cause. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Thoughts on how to use him going forward?

At this point, it's time to start giving more opportunities to Shakir, Hines and Cook 

I do think Isaiah is very effective when put in motion 

I could see us making him inactive at Detroit and then catching the Patriots off guard a bit by giving him a lot of touches next week (which gave the Pats nightmares in the game there last season)

We're so strapped for WRs at the moment with Kumerow/Crowder/Stevenson all on IR. I can't imagine making him inactive, but I could see decreasing the snap count and being more selective about his usage.   

The goal having both Hines and Cook is a personnel grouping that is almost position-less.  Add Mckenzie and Knox and you basically have 4 players who you can line up in the backfield or at WR, several of which are matchup issues.  Ideally you try to run a no huddle type of offense with that grouping for a drive or something.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, fan_in_tx said:

I would add that we are not getting the production from McKenzie, that we got from our former slot receiver who I shall not name due to the political leanings of this board.  Either it is the play calling or simply McKenzie can't get open in the slot not sure which is the cause. 

I'm not seeing him targeted much at all for whatever reason.  I'd buy all-22 but i dont even know what i'd be looking at.  Play design has a lot to do with things, route spacing, is he primary, was the play checked... etc. 

• Like (+1) 3

Warrior...man, I love iMcK and he, despite the 4 tds, has been so disappointing this season.

I remember the Miami season finale '20.

I remember the Pats no punt game...the first no punt game (ha-ha- * U, Pats!).

I remember the successful reverses and running plays.

Just frustrating as a fan.

As noted by B-Cubed, we are strapped right now...not even "Next Bill Up," as it is mores so "Every Bill Available Up!"

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

McKenzie doesn’t know where to sit in coverages.  He doesn’t seem like a natural receiver… he’s the ultimate gadget guy. Sometimes i question his football IQ because someone that quick should be open all the time or have separation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

I would say the Bills have 4 guys that are similar: 

Hines, Cook, McKenzie and Shakir (most different of the 4). 

But I'd start getting a real rotation going, using all 4 in motion and have them slice and dice underneath. 

Those guys should be in constant presnap motion, lining up all over the formation. 

You're going to need that against W.Gay and N.Bolton of the Chiefs.

The Bills have 7-games left. Get this started now. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Very original topic, I hadn't thought about it. 

He stinks. He's not a starting WR. The time to address it was the off-season. They didnt. There's nothing we can do now other than hope they start playing Shakir more. 

Signing Crowder doesn't count as addressing it in the off-season?  They probably should have been able to predict that he would break his leg.

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

I'd add that Allen doesn't trust him as far as catching the ball.  McKenzie has some of the damndest things happen to him regarding ball security.

Probably the least instinctive football player to wear a Bills uniform since that clueless lacrosse player that us and then Belichik squeezed a couple 9 routes out of before everybody realized he had no idea where he was or what else was happening around him on the field. Chris something or other?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Probably the least instinctive football player to wear a Bills uniform since that clueless lacrosse player that us and then Belichik squeezed a couple 9 routes out of before everybody realized he had no idea where he was or what else was happening around him on the field. Chris something or other?

Hogan and he was better than he got credit for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.