Alabama -- Death Penalty Case

Tiberius

Death penalty is dumb. Letting Alabama do it is really dumb. Alabama. 

First off, these red states are not good for their citizens. Alabama is one of the poorest states in the country 

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the national poverty rate was 11.2% in 2021, the same rate as in 2020. These states and territories have the highest percentages of poverty in the country: Mississippi, Louisiana, New Mexico, Arkansas, West Virginia, Alabama, Kentucky, the District of Columbia, South Carolina, and Oklahoma. 

So instead of trying to lift their people up, they are a pro-life death penalty state 

Alabama’s governor has requested a pause in executions and ordered a thorough review of the processes involved in the state’s executions, after the state’s second failed lethal injection in two months — and the third since 2018.

Gov. Kay Ivey (R) asked the state’s attorney general Monday to withdraw requests to set execution dates for two prisoners, the only two such cases pending before the state’s Supreme Court, and to refrain from seeking further executions for other inmates on death row, according to a statement from the governor’s office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/11/22/alabama-pausing-executions-lethal-injections/

Just get rid of the death penalty 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm against the death penalty. I personally don't think killing anyone is ok. Am I still MAGA? I don't know where Qanon stands on this topic. Should I have checked Truth Social before forming an opinion or is it cool to think for myself?

• Like (+1) 1

The death penalty, like abortion, is an issue I do struggle with.  There are some horrible animals out there that serve no purpose however our judicial system is not perfect.  So there is a bigger part of me that feels better to let one animal rot in prison (on our dime mind you) than just one truly innocent person being executed.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The death penalty, like abortion, is an issue I do struggle with.  There are some horrible animals out there that serve no purpose however our judicial system is not perfect.  So there is a bigger part of me that feels better to let one animal rot in prison (on our dime mind you) than just one truly innocent person being executed.  

2 words: labor camps. Make these animals work so hard day in and day out that they don't have time to think about killing for the next 50 years 😆

Studies have shown that without purpose people will get depressed and turn to drugs or crime. Give them a purpose rather than hanging out with their gang in prison. They are either working hard or sleeping. No down time. Human rights a-holes will argue it's inhumane but imo they gave up their rights when they became criminals.

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

But if you can kill them, then innocent people will get killed, too. 

Not necessarily. 
The part about the possibility of executing the innocent could be nearly eliminated by raising the standard of proof. You can be convicted - and executed in many states - based on a jury finding that you’re guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. So may that means a 1% chance that you didn’t do it? Take 1,000 convicts on death row and that’s 10 innocent people being executed. 
What if we made juries find “no doubt whatsoever” in the penalty phase?

Obviously this won’t satisfy people with a moral objection to the concept of capital punishment, but it would do much to satisfy those with more pragmatic concerns. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not necessarily. 
The part about the possibility of executing the innocent could be nearly eliminated by raising the standard of proof. You can be convicted - and executed in many states - based on a jury finding that you’re guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. So may that means a 1% chance that you didn’t do it? Take 1,000 convicts on death row and that’s 10 innocent people being executed. 
What if we made juries find “no doubt whatsoever” in the penalty phase?

Obviously this won’t satisfy people with a moral objection to the concept of capital punishment, but it would do much to satisfy those with more pragmatic concerns. 

I understand you but the "no doubt whatsoever" is still the "opinion" of 12 of their peers.  

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I think Bill Maher said this a few years ago after a botched lethal injection — say what you will about the death penalty, but it shouldn’t be hard to kill someone. Every day we hear about accidental exposures to fentanyl killing someone. And the old Dr Kevlrkian death machine was just carbon monoxide — another manner of death in which people drift off in their sleep …

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

I understand you but the "no doubt whatsoever" is still the "opinion" of 12 of their peers.  

Oh, I agree. But I’m speaking of confessions (affirmed in court), etc. Or true no-doubters like the mass shooters. 

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Oh, I agree. But I’m speaking of confessions (affirmed in court), etc. Or true no-doubters like the mass shooters. 

I would never trust a confession.  Suicide by confession?  Now mass shooters apprehended red handed like the scum in Colorado Springs?  Why is he still alive now? There was something to be said for old Frontier Justice. 

On 11/22/2022 at 10:03 AM, Tiberius said:

First off, these red states are not good for their citizens. Alabama is one of the poorest states in the country 

So instead of trying to lift their people up, they are a pro-life death penalty state 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/11/22/alabama-pausing-executions-lethal-injections/

Just get rid of the death penalty 

WE'll do it as long as you agree to pay for their life time stay on their all inclusive incarceration !! If these scum bags have murdered innocent people for no reason & there is evidence that has proven them beyond a shadow of a doubt to be the person that committed the crime the death penalty is & can be a deterrent for the next back job that may think of such a thing .

But hell if they get 3 hots and a cot for the rest of their life with internet, a weight room, conjigal visits, free library, cable, & all else that comes along with being put in jail that's not bad but you can pay for it !! 

1 minute ago, T master said:

WE'll do it as long as you agree to pay for their life time stay on their all inclusive incarceration !! If these scum bags have murdered innocent people for no reason & there is evidence that has proven them beyond a shadow of a doubt to be the person that committed the crime the death penalty is & can be a deterrent for the next back job that may think of such a thing .

But hell if they get 3 hots and a cot for the rest of their life with internet, a weight room, conjigal visits, free library, cable, & all else that comes along with being put in jail that's not bad but you can pay for it !! 

Humans have to decide if its "beyond resonable doubt" and many times they are wrong. Being in jail would suck, Period