Detroit and disappointment

Dave in Avon Lake now

Just got back yesterday from Detroit and had a blast meeting tons of Bills fans.  Want to give props to community and Lions for being such great hosts. The Elwood bar and grill had a big welcome part for Bills fans as tailgating is limited in the city. It felt like a home game and everyone there was great to us. Had my son in law (lifetime Browns fan) and Bills fans were good to him as well. Just had a great experience, but we were both disappointed we didn’t get to Orchard Park.  It’s been over 20 years since I’ve been to a home game. My son in law said to me it doesn’t have to be Browns game so we’re preparing for next year - hopefully September.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

Just got back yesterday from Detroit and had a blast meeting tons of Bills fans.  Want to give props to community and Lions for being such great hosts. The Elwood bar and grill had a big welcome part for Bills fans as tailgating is limited in the city. It felt like a home game and everyone there was great to us. Had my son in law (lifetime Browns fan) and Bills fans were good to him as well. Just had a great experience, but we were both disappointed we didn’t get to Orchard Park.  It’s been over 20 years since I’ve been to a home game. My son in law said to me it doesn’t have to be Browns game so we’re preparing for next year - hopefully September.

Better make it early  September.  That lake effect snow is a bear to predict. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love to make it to Buffalo again and don't mind the cold.  It was in the 20s in Detroit before the game but the ticket prices are getting so high just don't see it happening.  Fortunately, I will get a ticket refund soon but the last 3 home games are all divisional opponents so prices are still high and the upper deck is no place for a 70 year old.  

9 hours ago, Dave in Avon Lake now said:

I was at The Elwood. Was a great time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.