In Gabe We Trust!

folz

5 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Gabe Davis runs 3 routes apparently. If you know the situation you can sit on his route like Peterson did twice in the Vikes game. Does that sound like a solid #2 guy you can count on? Or just a guy that can get open deep which is exactly who they thought he was coming out of college. Bills need another option and McKenzie ain't it. He's just a gadget guy. They need a legit slot guy like what Beasley was. Crowder even when he played didn't show up like that. Bills missing 1 more piece to this puzzle šŸ§©

I'd blame his route concepts on his coaching staff

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry but constant ankle injuries are a testament to his inconsistent play these last 2 seasons. The drops continue and you never know from week to week which Gabe you're getting? I'm sure Dorsey & not having aa good slot wr also contributes.Ā  But he's gotta step it up.

Exactly!!!

I like Gabe, especially as a deep threat.Ā  But when his contract comes up and he wants a huge payday,Ā  he will be moving on.Ā  I don't think he will have any allegiance to Buffalo either.Ā  He's a Florida guy and prob will look for a warm weather city after here,,,Ā 

I trust Gabe...about 50% of the time.Ā  Ā  He may be on pace for 1000 yards but do you think that's his actual play talking or just a function of being the #2 in a pass first offense?

Ā 

He earned a big opportunity this year and my opinion is he hasn't been good enough to at the very least have to compete to earn it back next year.Ā  Too many teams with scary 1st and 2nd options.Ā  We need to be in that group, and not in the group that wonders if their #2 will drop 50% of the passes that come his way.

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Honestly, you could realistically pin the dolphins and jets losses on his drops. He dropped a td in the EZ against the dolphins that could have won it for us. Then he had that 70 yard bomb from Allen hit him between the numbers.Ā 

he even blew it in minny on the tying drive, with a drop and the refs bailed him out.Ā 
Ā 

not sure whatā€™s up with him but itā€™s bad. Almost Zay Jones bad.

9 hours ago, folz said:

Gabe is still 19th in receiving yards (by WRs) and is one of only 13 WRs with 5 or more TDs.

Ā 

Interesting you cherry pick yards and TD's.Ā  He is 82nd in catches and right about dead last in drop percentage.Ā  Ā We don't need to hate Davis but we can recognize we would like him to hold onto a few more balls without being a Bills hater cant we?

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Ā 

Interesting analysis.Ā  So you're asserting either that Dorsey only calls plays that involve 3 different routes for Davis, or that Davis repeatedly ignores the play Dorsey calls and runs his own 3 routes regardless of what Dorsey calls.

Ā 

Think about that.Ā  Want to stick with that analysis?

You sound upset. Typical poster that doesn't research any of his posts just goes by "my coach and player are good and I trust them no matter what." Perhaps research why Gabe Davis was a 4th round pick. And then look at what Peterson, who is a potential Hall of Fame type player, said about him before you post.

• Dislike 1

I get concerned when he has a 17% drop rate and I hear he only runs 3 routes. Ā He has multiple 3rd down drops right in his hands stalling drives. Ā Dropped a 70 yard pass in the bucket to keep a game alive. Ā Almost potentially cost us a game last week with his onside kick misque drop.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.