Hamlin is a DAWG

Pete

He has been noticeably better than Johnson and has been much better than he was in his first start or two...

He has made some nice plays in run support but he seems to get lost in coverage or be a split second late getting to the area he needs to be which allows some completions that would be interceptions or pass breakups with Poyer or Hyde.

Improving player, unsure how much better he will get in coverage tho.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I disagree with quite a few folks on this. He is a decent tackler and plays hard. But he is bad in coverage and lacks speed. Decent for a back up but do not see him as a future starter let alone star. I would love to be wrong on him. 

He will play faster with experience.  I hope you are wrong on him because Poyer and Hyde are not here forever.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

He will play faster with experience.  I hope you are wrong on him because Poyer and Hyde are not here forever.

That why we need some young safeties.

Hamlin may get faster but he is a 4.65 guy. Will never be the fastest. Can make up for it by reading plays better but will always be limited. 

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I can’t tell if he was taken by surprise by Cook’s speed which caused him to take a terrible angle and miss the diving tackle. Or if he didn’t want to take on a RB with a head full of steam and just made a business decision.

Think it is Jefferson that destroys him and drives him back into another Bill taking them both out. 

He's definitely played better than many expected, I'm sure. I was mad for him on that bogus PI call yesterday. It was just good coverage with a great play to knock down the pass. Some dipschnitt ref a mile away calls foul, unknowingly confused by the monstrous bucket of beef farts from the bratwurst demolishing mongoloids in section 139 that has wafted up his snout and clouded his judgement. "Blargh, I'm confused! I can't see! What is happening?! I have no idea but I'm gonna throw my special yellow hanky. I call her Gladys. Fly, my sweet Gladys, fly!! Oh boy oh boy nothing gets Daddy Official's nipples harder than screwing a player out of a great play."

I hate the refs. What were we discussing again?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They better be looking to pay Poyer because he’s shown to be invaluable 

I agree. I just don’t see it honestly. I love poyer and hope they keep him, but i think his age is gonna work against him. We have a lot of tough decisions coming up this off-season and the next. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.