Did the Bills stay in Detroit?

Ojolaffub

16 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Google says a flight from Buffalo to Detroit is 70 minutes. 

That is true. However, the return flight from Detroit to Buffalo is much shorter since you're in the jet stream traveling against the natural rotation of the earth (i.e., Scoriolis effect).   Its like a 7 minute flight which is why they went home.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I drove to Detroit and here were my meals in this those days.

- McDonald’s (5)

- Domino's (1)

- Gas station hot dogs/chips (2)

- Stadium hot dog and chips (1)

Are you looking for a cleanse?  

I hope? 

Happy that you made the trip, created the memories and helped bring home a W! 

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

- McDonald’s (5)

- Domino's (1)

I get that it was a road trip diet, but we need to work on this.  Not that I can’t do some things better, but I’m legit concerned about your long term health. 

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

- McDonald’s (5)

- Domino's (1)

WTF, I thought Florida to Detroit is just a 5 hour drive? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Lets put it this way. The flight is so short that they don't even bother to read the safety instructions. No seatbelts, no talk of oxygen masks since cruising altitude is like 40 feet.  They aren't in the air long enough to walk the aisles and hand everyone a mini bag of peanuts so the flight attendants throw out handfuls of bread and feed the passengers like ducks.  Its like a 10 minute flight and they went home.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

I get that it was a road trip diet, but we need to work on this.  Not that I can’t do some things better, but I’m legit concerned about your long term health. 

Especially since he drove up the morning of and back immediately after the game.  Thats about a week's worth of calories in less than 24 hours.  And why even drive when its only a 20 minute flight?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Come on dude, it’s only a 3 minute flight.

Correct, yet what is being overlooked is the associated time zone change by flying back.  They actually gained an hour by flying back.  So they have an extra hour of prep / rest time that the Lions do not enjoy. 

Smart call by Bills.

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

- McDonald’s (5)

- Domino's (1)

We stayed in Monroe/Detroit beach (about 30 minutes south of Detroit) and it turns out that the area has a large Italian American population so we got pizza. It was sooooo much better than any pizza in Cincinnati. We ate Panera on the way home.

14 minutes ago, teef said:

Long term? If he doesn’t respond soon, will you start getting nervous?  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ojolaffub said:

I heard that they were going to come back to Buffalo and then go back to Detroit on Wednesday. Doesn’t make sense to me but not sure what they ended up doing. Does anyone know?

It makes no sense to stay.  It’s like an hour flight.   Do you stay in your office all week?   There is comfort and routine in being home.  There is a facility to practice at and training staff with high tech equipment.  Staying would have been terrible. 

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

They actually flew to Miami.  Better weather, prettier girls, better nightlife. It was a no brainer. 

So they signed OBJ?

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Google says a flight from Buffalo to Detroit is 70 minutes. 

Google thinks the earth is flat.  It’s only 50 minutes since the earth is round 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.