Melvin Gordon cut from Broncos

DJB

16 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Can we assign him McKelvin's number?  Use him on kickoffs and punt returns? 🤔

McKelvin had some bad fumbles on KO  returns, but he was also a dynamic return guy too. Maybe a bit of feast or famine but he could return kicks. And yes...he did cost is a few games with his fumbles.

Just now, Spiderweb said:

McKelvin had some bad fumbles on KO  returns, but he was also a dynamic return guy too. Maybe a bit of feast or famine but he could return kicks. And yes...he did cost us a few games with his fumbles.

He's likely donezo. Might get a chance to hang on a practice squad somewhere but that's probably it. Dude had like four fumbles in his first 850+ carries in the league, in his next 800 he's had like 25 or something? And this season alone he's coughed it up in the red zone three times, I think six times total all season with two being scooped up and returned for TDs. 

Apparently at some point this season he was in the huddle and told a teammate, "I'm gonna fumble, I just know it" and sure enough a few plays later he fumbled. So he's got them mental yips too or whatever. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.