very Billsy nightmare

Dan Darragh

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

When Davis nearly botched the onsides kick at the end of the game, my Bills-addled brain couldn't help but play out the nightmare scenario: Browns recover the kick and... do I need to spell it out?

I'm wondering if this is a normal condition for long-time Bills fans.

You were reading my mind yesterday 😄

I went to take a leak, thinking there'd be more time before the kickoff. I heard the announcer call it but I didn't see it until the replay. Probably for the best. Maybe I should add that to the https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/243845-the-bills-won-yesterday-because-karma-reasons-only/ thread.

3 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

if it was any other team than the Browns we probably would have messed it up. The Browns are the only team that can out Bills the Bills.

I mean, the Minnesota ******* Vikings were on the winning side of a bizarre and miraculous game against us.  That's how low we rank in the eyes of the football gods.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

He’s playing himself out of a 20M+ per year pay day, but if I’m the Bills, I offer him an extension after the season, lock it down at a reasonable number and then draft a WR early.  

His big play ability will always be a huge piece of this offense, but we’re seeing that he’s not WR1 potential. 

Let’s settle a bit on GD narrative until it plays out. Has he dropped some key passes, absolutely! When he’s on in addition to his excellent blocking the Bills are almost unstoppable. Last year he came on at the right time as he did the previous year. I’ll be the first to agree his poor play continues. 

3 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

if it was any other team than the Browns we probably would have messed it up. The Browns are the only team that can out Bills the Bills.

We are both like twin brothers, which is why I don't get the way Bills fans love to mock the Browns.

26 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Let’s settle a bit on GD narrative until it plays out. Has he dropped some key passes, absolutely! When he’s on in addition to his excellent blocking the Bills are almost unstoppable. Last year he came on at the right time as he did the previous year. I’ll be the first to agree his poor play continues. 

But that was a helluva one-handed catch that he didn't make.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

(Carolina @ Buffalo Playoff game)

The Bills were driving late in the game, and Kelly was tackled. Definitely, down by contact, but the loose ball, was ruled a fumble. Kelly was injured on the play, and left the field on a cart. - Never to be seen again, as a player.

Todd Collins came in, for Kelly but the sense was, that this was the end, as the 30-27 final indicated...

Jacksonville game?

Was there...was painful. Was that also the game where Bruce had Natrone Means stopped in the backfield for the win but then he busts out and scores?

Davis has not been clutch in the past 3 games

Jets- ball slips through his hands and hit him in his numbers in the final play 

Viks- if he stays put instead of letting the defender go under him it's a wrap

and then browns game onside kick

Davis need to snap out of whatever is going on

Edited by motorj

25 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Just be happy that you're not a Vikings fan. 8-1 before yesterday, playing at HOME, and they got completely crushed. Imagine this board if something similar happened to the Bills (not that it ever will of course).

Vikings fans should be afraid.  They may not be aware of the off-shoot Bills jinx - that an incredibly lucky/fluky victory over the Bills can tailspin your season (ask Arizona fans).  Minn is on its way down.

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I went to take a leak, thinking there'd be more time before the kickoff. I heard the announcer call it but I didn't see it until the replay. Probably for the best. Maybe I should add that to the https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/243845-the-bills-won-yesterday-because-karma-reasons-only/ thread.

yeah, otherwise you woulda pissed yourself!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

When Davis nearly botched the onsides kick at the end of the game, my Bills-addled brain couldn't help but play out the nightmare scenario: Browns recover the kick and... do I need to spell it out?

I'm wondering if this is a normal condition for long-time Bills fans.

That Browns player almost came up with the ball on the run. He had a clear lane to the end zone, ala Jordan Poyer vs Miami . We came closer to another legendary debacle than folks realize.

5 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Where were you on January 8, 2000?

I was unfortunately in a skybox at Adelphia Coliseum and watched the whole thing unfold before my very eyes, Bills Fan since 1960, and with my son who has been a Bills fan his entire life.

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

You can't advance an onside kick recovery. It would have been Browns ball at the spot he obtained possession. 

Then how did Jordan Poyer return one for a TD against Miami? If you aren't down by contact you can advance an onside kick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

(Carolina  Jacksonville@ Buffalo Playoff game)

The Bills were driving late in the game, and Kelly was tackled. Definitely, down by contact, but the loose ball, was ruled a fumble. Kelly was injured on the play, and left the field on a cart. - Never to be seen again, as a player.

Todd Collins came in, for Kelly but the sense was, that this was the end, as the 30-27 final indicated...

fixed

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Then how did Jordan Poyer return one for a TD against Miami? If you aren't down by contact you can advance an onside kick.

It was Hyde, and the Bills were receiving the kick. The kicking team can't advance a recovery.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because the Dolphins kicked off and the Bills returned the kick... Had the Fins recovered it would have been their ball at the spot the kicking team recovered it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.