very Billsy nightmare

Dan Darragh

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Formosa to the rescue, knocking the ball OB without getting an illegal batting penalty.

Formosa huh.  Creative nickname.

Correct me if I am wrong we still would have retained possession, just cost us 10 yards. Maybe the refs showed us mercy but not calling the penalty and dragging out the final kneeldown, yardage was meaningless, unless of course some catastrophe would happen like Allen fumbling the snap.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Correct me if I am wrong we still would have retained possession, just cost us 10 yards. Maybe the refs showed us mercy but not calling the penalty and dragging out the final kneeldown, yardage was meaningless, unless of course some catastrophe would happen like Allen fumbling the snap.

With a name like BATTY, you would know, sir.  :devil:  I never trust the refs, they may have had the Browns re-kick.  Been calling him Formosa for years, nice of you to notice....

6 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

What? A crazy play at the last minute to beat the Bills? 

Would have to take a miracle for that to happen. Or at least 13 seconds. Or a hail Murray. Or, whatever the living fu*! the Vikings win was called. 

Could never happen. 

Or the Denver last second FG, or the Cowboys on Monday night, or the Leodis fumble, or TJ running the wrong route at the Razor so Fitz throws the INT.........

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Davis IMO is playing his way out of a follow-on contract in Buffalo.  That is my Hot Take

And looking at free agency i think it likely has to come from the draft.  Most of the available #2s arent inspiring

Chark?  Watkins reunion? Probably cheap but never healthy

Marvin jones - Old and not particularly good

Julio - Old and probably washed

JuJu - Likely pricey.

So you're left with guys like Parris Campbell, Mack Hollins, Allen Lazard.  

I do like jacobi Meyers though - id rather spend money on him than on a davis replacement.  

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I can't remember, it might be a re-kick?  But at that point i'll take another kick lol.  

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

When Davis nearly botched the onsides kick at the end of the game, my Bills-addled brain couldn't help but play out the nightmare scenario: Browns recover the kick and... do I need to spell it out?

I'm wondering if this is a normal condition for long-time Bills fans.

Dude. It was playing out in front of us. You weren’t having a waking nightmare, you were watching one unfold. If the Brown who almost caught the kick had caught it……….

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

This team simply has to figure out how to finish. Yes they were able to finally get the offense back on track in the 2nd half yesterday but it was against a 3 win team who has one of the worst defenses in the league that pretty much every team they've played has exploited.

Meanwhile, Jacoby Brissett had one of his best days ever and first 300 yard game for the Browns this year against Frazier and McD's vaunted defense. You still get the sense that this team is going to struggle mightily down the stretch as we hit the meat of the remaining schedule and assuming White does come back and play I don't see that changing much in the near term. Like myself and other predicted, it was criminal act by Beane and this front office to not adequately address DB in the offseason and rely on the likes of Dane Jackson and rookies and once again his incompetence as a GM is being proved here.

hahahah "proved"

i mean, feel free to have an opinion, and you clearly do, but your hypothesis is faaaaaaar from "proved"  

• Like (+1) 1

You obviously weren't watching the 8-0 game or the 6-3 game.  Does the name Derrick Anderson ring a bell (before he was a Bill and got HIS bell rung)?

That 8-0 loss snow storm game was extremely distasteful when I watched it live. When I went back last week to see the highlights and noticed that Derek Anderson was the Brown Qb who defeated us, I was even more appalled!

When Davis nearly botched the onsides kick at the end of the game, my Bills-addled brain couldn't help but play out the nightmare scenario: Browns recover the kick and... do I need to spell it out?

For me, I didn't think about that case when Davis botched the ball, I thought it before the kick

I think I am the true definition of a Bills fan

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

After the horrendous Josh Allen fumbled snap that led to the Vikings win, all things Billsy seem to decorate this holiday season.  But it's Thanksgiving first, so I'm going to be thankful we are 7-3 and not enduring another 3-7 season that haunted us for years. We have a solid team, we just need to get healthy on both sides of the ball and pray Josh can get over the elbow injury and return to form.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.