Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I'm saying it may not be wise to plop a pile of money in poyers lap. 

Great player, but age is a concern 

I’m a high reward kind of person. You show me heart, dedication, and skill and I will pay you. I will gladly pay an extra $100 a ticket to watch players like Poyer spill guts on the field. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m a high reward kind of person. You show me heart, dedication, and skill and I will pay you. I will gladly pay an extra $100 a ticket to watch players like Poyer spill guts on the field. 

Point is: how long will he be at this level 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It really depends on the numbers to me you’re either doing that or you’re drafting a safety high and next draft

Or, hear me out, how about a FA replacement? Perhaps we should consider bot investing draft resources in the defense 

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Point is: how long will he be at this level 

Tough knowing for certain. That’s a risk, there are always risks. But in my eyes, he has earned a 2 year contract, even if he falls off in production. It’s imperative that this team rewards players that care about the game as much as fans care. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Tough knowing for certain. That’s a risk, there are always risks. But in my eyes, he has earned a 2 year contract, even if he falls off in production. It’s imperative that this team rewards players that care about the game as much as fans care. 

Why is it impertative? Do other succcessful teams overpay aging players based on past performance?  I think your hearts in the right place.  But conventional wisdom is that it is better to lose a player a year too early than hold on a year too long. 

• Like (+1) 2

Bills should have traded Tre if they could have gotten something significant. It seems like they are happy with their young corners for some odd reason. Could have freed up a lot of cap space and signed Poyer plus got a nice draft pick in return

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bills should have traded Tre if they could have gotten something significant. It seems like they are happy with their young corners for some odd reason. Could have freed up a lot of cap space and signed Poyer plus got a nice draft pick in return

I bet offers the offers were pouring in. What team doesn’t want an expensive CB with ACL rehab ongoing?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Are you talking about OBJ? Because he seems like the hottest free agent in years 

You don't have to trade for OBJ. And nobody is signing him until he is ready to play.

36 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m starting to think this guy is never going to play for the Bills again. I’m just going to think as if he isn’t on the team until I see him again.

Why? Lol. Fans are a great study for psychologist. 

I think part of the problem for fans is when the injury happened. Happened mid season so now we’re waiting for his return mid season. 

He’s coming back. Stop creating negative thoughts.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why? Lol. Fans are a great study for psychologist. 

I think part of the problem for fans is when the injury happened. Happened mid season so now we’re waiting for his return mid season. 

He’s coming back. Stop creating negative thoughts.

Because he’s been healthy for 3 weeks now without playing. It’s a real issue 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Because he’s been healthy for 3 weeks now without playing. It’s a real issue 

Actually 6 weeks. It’s not an issue. To me it looks like he’s going through a training camp. 

Last thing we want with White is him coming back and tweaking a hamstring or groin or something else like that. If it’s mental for Tre I feel that’s what we’re waiting on. For him to feel comfortable opening up full speed.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Is he on the same timeline as the stadium renderings were?

6 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I can’t wait till Tre gets a game winning interception in the AFC championship game and we all look back at this and laugh 

... in Kansas City. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

4 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

Trust the process. 

I have 12/18 v Miami circled as the game we should very much hope he is back and up to speed for the (hopeful) SB run. 

I hope you’re right.  But if he doesn’t play before then is he going to start and chase Hill/Waddle around all day? I fully support easing him back in, with “back in” being the key words.  He’s got to see the field soon in a limited capacity or there’s a good chance he either jumps into the deep end against Miami or doesn’t play many snaps of value against them.