Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

3 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Would you be ok if Tre has determined in his own mind that he doesn’t feel comfortable to perform until next season even though team doctors have cleared him? 

This likely is not the case. 

I had a similar situation at a similar level. Cleared by doctors, but the injury still wasn’t right and it was effecting my body mechanics and was still causing pain. Coaches were the ones to keep pulling me. Not myself. 

But if he is, then it is what it is. You can’t force a guy to play at a high level in the NFL. I really like Tre the person and I wish him the best at wherever life takes him.

He’s a human, not here for your entertainment. He’s was never a “take the money and run” kind of guy. He was the first guy to realty start to turn this ship around. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I had a similar situation at a similar level. Cleared by doctors, but the injury still wasn’t right and it was effecting my body mechanics and was still causing pain. Coaches were the ones to keep pulling me. Not myself. 

But if he is, then it is what it is. You can’t force a guy to play at a high level in the NFL. I really like Tre the person and I wish him the best at wherever life takes him.

He’s a human, not here for your entertainment. He’s was never a “take the money and run” kind of guy. He was the first guy to realty start to turn this ship around. 

Tre is a great talent. It just sucks watching players play through collapsed lungs, broken ribs, and whatnot. I guess it’s for the best, nobody wants Tre to be a liability out there getting toast by some WR3. He can rest up full knowing he won’t have to deal with battlefield hardship. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If it is a mental thing then the Bills are doing the absolute right thing in not playing him.  Get him whatever help he needs to get back out there because once he plays a game my guess is he'll be fine after that. 

Agreed.  Sometimes people need a nudge, or tough love.  Enough worrying about what might happen or what could be.  It’s time to give it a go and see what happens.  

5 hours ago, Mango said:

I mean he is literally here for our entertainment. That is his occupation and why he is here. Of course he is still human.

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Tre is a great talent. It just sucks watching players play through collapsed lungs, broken ribs, and whatnot. I guess it’s for the best, nobody wants Tre to be a liability out there getting toast by some WR3. He can rest up full knowing he won’t have to deal with battlefield hardship. 

You have absolutely no idea what is going on on this team this is all conjecture what really amazes me is how a player can be an all pro player for us for years and then have people turn on him after a catastrophic injury

Just now, John from Riverside said:

You have absolutely no idea what is going on on this team this is all conjecture what really amazes me is how a player can be an all pro player for us for years and then have people turn on him after a catastrophic injury

He’s medically cleared. Imagine not showing up to your job after being medically cleared. Yeah boss, I’m just not feeling up to the task, I still feel a little off. Sorry, maybe I will write up the report after Q3 eventhough you need me for this important client project. 
Meanwhile you got Johnny in there hammering out spreadsheets with schizophrenia. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I mean he is literally here for our entertainment. That is his occupation and why he is here. Of course he is still human.

It’s literally their profession. Millions of dollars to entertain and take on the risks that come with the job title. Millions of people literally take on risks everyday at their little people jobs. Imagine making a million or more a game only to be told you are medically fit (with 2022 med tech no less) and not play because you don’t feel up to the task. 
The more I think about it, it’s probably for the best that he doesn’t play, I don’t want him out there if he isn’t mentally prepared and getting toast by the likes of Mims. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

He’s medically cleared. Imagine not showing up to your job after being medically cleared. Yeah boss, I’m just not feeling up to the task, I still feel a little off. Sorry, maybe I will write up the report after Q3 eventhough you need me for this important client project. 
Meanwhile you got Johnny in there hammering out spreadsheets with schizophrenia. 

You’re comparing a desk job to someone that Hass to go out and hammer people cut you know the drill you know this is not a good comparison

You’re comparing a desk job to someone that Hass to go out and hammer people cut you know the drill you know this is not a good comparison

People play with collapsed lungs, broken ribs, partially torn ligaments. Heck, there might be a QB this week that plays with a non throwing dislocated shoulder. People play not being 100%. Nobody would fault Tre for giving up a 100 yard game. Heart is important, and it’s why Poyer deserves a pay day. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

People play with collapsed lungs, broken ribs, partially torn ligaments. Heck, there might be a QB this week that plays with a non throwing dislocated shoulder. People play not being 100%. Nobody would fault Tre for giving up a 100 yard game. Heart is important, and it’s why Poyer deserves a pay day. 

Nobody is saying that poyer doesn’t deserve a payday

personally, if Trey White went out there and gave up 100 yard game, I’d be pissed because we have healthy corners that can play if they do get a man. Hopefully he’s on a pitch count and not starting the whole game.

• Like (+1) 1

personally, if Trey White went out there and gave up 100 yard game, I’d be pissed because we have healthy corners that can play if they do get a man. Hopefully he’s on a pitch count and not starting the whole game.

My only point is Tre is medically cleared. Tre mentally probably doesn’t feel ready. So you are right, it’s best just to sit someone who isn’t mentally all there. I want players on the field who will go to war for this city. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I was one of the ones for not paying Poyer a large amount of money because of his age and position, but man he really makes a difference. More so than others who were already awarded big contracts.
I don’t know how they can do it, with all the other salaries escalating after this year, but would love to see him return for a year or two while we find his replacement. Hamlin is okay back there, but the Bills have always needed to get more athletic on the back end. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

My only point is Tre is medically cleared. Tre mentally probably doesn’t feel ready. So you are right, it’s best just to sit someone who isn’t mentally all there. I want players on the field who will go to war for this city. 

Let’s not act like Tre has not done that I don’t specifically know what’s going on and neither do you but prior to that ACL injury look how many games he missed. And look at the quality play he gave us.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I'm saying it may not be wise to plop a pile of money in poyers lap. 

Great player, but age is a concern