Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I think Eric should just STFU

I have to wonder if Wood actually even said anything defamatory.

The poster who claims he did is clearly pushing some agenda that he's become emotionally attached to and has already twisted McDermott's words to fit his own biases.

I wouldn't take the second hand word of anybody posting from that perspective.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Dude, that guy is a warrior.  Universally respected.  There’s a big difference between not being medically cleared to play and declining to retire to keep the employer on the hook for bonus monies owed and having the clearance and refusing to take the field.  Wood earned the right to express his views, whatever they may be, on that issue.  

When has Tre ever shown that he’s not a “warrior”? At no point in his entire career up until the last couple of weeks has anyone ever questioned his work ethic or character. Even during training camp Tre was getting all sorts of praise because of the work he was putting in AND the amount of time he was spending after practice to work with the cornerbacks. But because people feel entitled to know everything that’s going on in the locker room, when they don’t know they get angry. It’s quite sad actually

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

I have to wonder if Wood actually even said anything defamatory.

The poster who claims he did is clearly pushing some agenda that he's become emotionally attached to and has already twisted McDermott's words to fit his own biases.

I wouldn't take the second hand word of anybody posting from that perspective.

If it’s the pregame stuff… Eric Wood clearly put it out there that there could be some discrepancy between staff and Tre.  He was pretty tame, but open to discussing that there may be a disconnect. 

Now Chris Brown .. Chris Brown was not so tame in the insinuation that Tre needs to stop listening to others outside the building and that he has a commitment to a team that pays him very well. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

There’s a big difference between an avocation (college soccer) and a highly paid vocation (NFL football).  If you’re making $17m/season and you’ve been cleared to play relative a ligamentary issue like this one,  then your butt better be out there.  They’ve been extremely patient with Tre but, in McD’s words, it’s time to “go.”  The only excuse for continuing to sit is in Tre’s mind, and it’s not going to change until someone forces him to give it a go. 

Why do you totally discount the possibility of Tre changing his mind?  Seems possible to me that eventually Tre may feel his knee is up for it. 

And have you considered it might not be an "excuse" but an actual concern?  There exists a real conflict of interest in a team doctor and a coach somehow being the party responsible for determining if Tre is ready to hit the field.

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Why do you totally discount the possibility of Tre changing his mind?  Seems possible to me that eventually Tre may feel his knee is up for it. 

And have you considered it might not be an "excuse" but an actual concern?  There exists a real conflict of interest in a team doctor and a coach somehow being the party responsible for determining if Tre is ready to hit the field.

He is fully medically cleared and practicing without restriction.

If “concern” is the issue, it’s not from the doctors. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Now you see the light.  At this moment, he does not want to play football.  You’ve finally acknowledged the point that I’ve made all along.  

Therein lies the friction between White and the Bills.  The teams has indicated that he is physically able to participate.  He has chosen not to participate.  Patience, I suspect, is beginning to to wear thin, as reflected by what I understand to have been the sharp commentary by Wood and Brownie on state radio. 

There’s a big difference between an avocation (college soccer) and a highly paid vocation (NFL football).  If you’re making $17m/season and you’ve been cleared to play relative a ligamentary issue like this one,  then your butt better be out there.  They’ve been extremely patient with Tre but, in McD’s words, it’s time to “go.”  The only excuse for continuing to sit is in Tre’s mind, and it’s not going to change until someone forces him to give it a go. 

You sound like one of the worst leaders of people I could possibly imagine. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

He is fully medically cleared and practicing without restriction.

If “concern” is the issue, it’s not from the doctors. 

And when you say "doctors" you mean team doctors, right?  Because Tre's personal physician's opinions have not been reported.  And if you read between the lines you can deduce there is a difference of opinion.

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

And when you say "doctors" you mean team doctors, right?  Because Tre's personal physician's opinions have not been reported.  And if you read between the lines you can deduce there is a difference of opinion.

This saga is just entering ridiculous territory honestly.

Modern ACL surgeries are performed every day.

The recovery timelines are well established.

He’s out there now fully practicing with the team for weeks. 

He’s not limited, he’s not working off to the side, he doesn’t have a red jersey on.

Our coach is now saying things like we’re all encouraging Tre, sometimes you just have to go, it’s a team decision, etc. 

It’s not a wrong expectation to ask where he is and why he isn’t playing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

If it’s the pregame stuff… Eric Wood clearly put it out there that there could be some discrepancy between staff and Tre.  He was pretty tame, but open to discussing that there may be a disconnect. 

Now Chris Brown .. Chris Brown was not so tame in the insinuation that Tre needs to stop listening to others outside the building and that he has a commitment to a team that pays him very well. 

which is pretty crazy, considering EW and CB are both North Korean State Media basically.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This saga is just entering ridiculous territory honestly.

Modern ACL surgeries are performed every day.

The recovery timelines are well established.

He’s out there now fully practicing with the team for weeks. 
He’s not limited, he’s not working off to the side, he doesn’t have a red jersey on.

Our coach is now saying things like we’re all encouraging Tre, sometimes you just have to go, it’s a team decision, etc. 

It’s not a wrong expectation to ask where he is and why he isn’t playing. 

You're entering into the ridiculous territory of internet doctor now.  Not all ACL tears are the same and there is no set timetable.

You don't know that he is not limited.  And you don't know how he is feeling afterwards and what his personal doctors are saying.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense.  You can ask him just about anything, but don't expect him to tell you what his personal doctors are saying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Now you see the light.  At this moment, he does not want to play football.  You’ve finally acknowledged the point that I’ve made all along.  

Therein lies the friction between White and the Bills.  The teams has indicated that he is physically able to participate.  He has chosen not to participate.  Patience, I suspect, is beginning to to wear thin, as reflected by what I understand to have been the sharp commentary by Wood and Brownie on state radio. 

Is it "wearing thin" on Brown and Wood or Tre's teammates? If it's Brown and Wood, who gives a care what they think!! 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

He earned the right to throw one of the most beloved Bills under the bus a year after tearing his acl.  Vine Ok GIF

What exactly did he say that was throwing Tre under the bus?  Maybe a link to this assertion?

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You're entering into the ridiculous territory of internet doctor now.  Not all ACL tears are the same and there is no set timetable.

You don't know that he is not limited.  And you don't know how he is feeling afterwards and what his personal doctors are saying.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense.  You can ask him just about anything, but don't expect him to tell you what his personal doctors are saying.

If he is limited, the team must report it on the injury list.  Otherwise fines and draft comp issues ensue.

9 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

What exactly did he say that was throwing Tre under the bus?  Maybe a link to this assertion?

If he is limited, the team must report it on the injury list.  Otherwise fines and draft comp issues ensue.

You’re doing good work here. But this thread is absolute garbage. Questioning someone’s health or ability to heal quicker than someone else is bush league. Typical “expert keyboard warriors”. Take my advice…skim past this thread. It’s ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You’re doing good work here. But this thread is absolute garbage. Questioning someone’s health or ability to heal quicker than someone else is bush league. Typical “expert keyboard warriors”. Take my advice…skim past this thread. It’s ridiculous. 

He’s healed.  He’s cleared.  He’s been so for weeks.  What’s the hold up?  It’s not physical, according to McD. So what is it? 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

He has been medically cleared by team doctors. That’s all that matters because he plays for the Bills. Suit up and get it on, he is paid for those risks or re-injury. 

It’s probably a good idea to draft another CB high in the draft. 

27 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

He’s healed.  He’s cleared.  He’s been so for weeks.  What’s the hold up?  It’s not physical, according to McD. So what is it? 

Tre doesn’t feel ready, for whatever reason. He doesn’t trust the judgement of team doctors. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I don’t know he’s not limited?

The Bills are lying then because he’s not on the injury report with any designation. 

You act like doctors encounter ACLs and think what do we do about this?

Sports medicine is advanced, this procedure is done routinely. 

If it was a situation like Daunte Culpepper and everything was destroyed, that’s one thing. 

• Agree 1