Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yep, and sorry, but the Poyer comparisons that these White critics keep making don't hold much water either.  There's a huge difference between a hyperextended elbow on a safety and an ACL/Knee issue with a CB.  Even if Poyer were to reinjure the elbow, it's not a potentially career altering injury.

There's a big difference between being subjected to a wheelchair and an arm brace. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He WANTS to play football…..but not until he feels he’s ready.  

He doesn’t feel he’s ready, and that’s why he doesn’t want to play.  I’m quite sure he wants to feel like he’s ready so he can play.  Rather than “not wanting to play football”.  He doesn’t want to play football “until he feels he’s ready”.  

semantics. 

Don’t disagree with anything above, the bolded were the points I was making. 

McD and Beane will have to make the judgement call on him soon.  If he does not have the confidence to go 100% whether this is him mentally and or physically.  We need to get a definitive answer before the end of the season gets here.  I don't think he is coming back this year IMO.   He has some sort of issue that is causing him to doubt himself.   Some players can go at 85% when injured or if they have some sort if injury that is causing them discomfort while playing,  knee issues are on a completely different level.

His injury will likely cause him to second guess every move he makes, that includes cuts and direction changes on the field.  He's either reluctant to go 100% on his repaired knee or he has had setbacks that only he and the coaches know about.   He can't be thinking on every single play that he can't jump, run and then hit the brakes while in coverage with out his knee giving out.  No way can anyone play that way.  It's sounds as if it's truly in his head or he had some type of unforeseen set back.  Either way he has not recovered enough to get back on the field right now,  and he might not make it back at all this year.

I would almost bet that this is the case. 

I tore my ACL and MCL in college and it took 2 years before I would trust running 100% without a knee brace on, and I played soccer in college.  That injury took away competitive sports for me and even today 30 years later you have doubts when doing certain things that always creep back into your head about your knee.  

Edited by Toyo321
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

McD and Beane will have to make the judgement call on him soon.  If he does not have the confidence to go 100% whether this is him mentally and or physically.  We need to get a definitive answer before the end of the season gets here.  I don't think he is coming back this year IMO.   He has some sort of issue that is causing him to doubt himself.   Some players can go at 85% when injured or if they have some sort if injury that is causing them discomfort while playing,  knee issues are on a completely different level.

His injury will likely cause him to second guess every move he makes, that includes cuts and direction changes on the field.  He's either reluctant to go 100% on his repaired knee or he has had setbacks that only he and the coaches know about.   He can't be thinking on every single play that he can't jump, run and then hit the brakes while in coverage with out his knee giving out.  No way can anyone play that way.  It's sounds as if it's truly in his head or he had some type of unforeseen set back.  Either way he has not recovered enough to get back on the field right now,  and he might not make it back at all this year.

I would almost bet that this is the case. 

I tore my ACL and MCL in college and it took 2 years before I would trust running 100% without a knee brace on, and I played soccer in college.  That injury took away competitive sports for me and even today 30 years later you have doubts when doing certain things that always creep back into your head about your knee.  

Well I am sure you are a pretty good soccer player, that was clearly 30 years ago and there are advances in the op and post op.  30 years ago it ended careers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

He WANTS to play football…..but not until he feels he’s ready.  

He doesn’t feel he’s ready, and that’s why he doesn’t want to play.  I’m quite sure he wants to feel like he’s ready so he can play.  Rather than “not wanting to play football”.  He doesn’t want to play football “until he feels he’s ready”.  

semantics. 

Now you see the light.  At this moment, he does not want to play football.  You’ve finally acknowledged the point that I’ve made all along.  

Therein lies the friction between White and the Bills.  The teams has indicated that he is physically able to participate.  He has chosen not to participate.  Patience, I suspect, is beginning to to wear thin, as reflected by what I understand to have been the sharp commentary by Wood and Brownie on state radio. 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Well I am sure you are a pretty good soccer player, that was clearly 30 years ago and there are advances in the op and post op.  30 years ago it ended careers. 

There’s a big difference between an avocation (college soccer) and a highly paid vocation (NFL football).  If you’re making $17m/season and you’ve been cleared to play relative a ligamentary issue like this one,  then your butt better be out there.  They’ve been extremely patient with Tre but, in McD’s words, it’s time to “go.”  The only excuse for continuing to sit is in Tre’s mind, and it’s not going to change until someone forces him to give it a go. 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope.  That’s not what I’m insinuating. Not sure how you reached that conclusion.  

What we actually have here is an injured guy (Poyer) playing his guts out and assuming a ton of risk, and a second guy (White) who is healthy but unwilling to play despite extraordinary financial security.  It does not go unnoticed in the locker room.  If former player Eric Wood is harping on Tre on state radio, then you can bet your bippy that it is noticed by the current group of players.  

I’m not assuming anything.  He’s been cleared, he’s not on an injury report, and he’s not dressing.  There is no other reasonable conclusion. 

You talk like you've been in the locker room.  

Also, if Eric Wood is throwing Tre under the bus that's pathetic.  Have we all forgotten the way that he had to retire?  It was a disaster.

https://deadspin.com/report-eric-woods-retirement-delayed-due-to-bonus-mone-1822526483

I think Eric should just STFU.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Also, if Eric Wood is throwing Tre under the bus that's pathetic.  Have we all forgotten the way that he had to retire?  It was a disaster.

https://deadspin.com/report-eric-woods-retirement-delayed-due-to-bonus-mone-1822526483

Dude, that guy is a warrior.  Universally respected.  There’s a big difference between not being medically cleared to play and declining to retire to keep the employer on the hook for bonus monies owed and having the clearance and refusing to take the field.  Wood earned the right to express his views, whatever they may be, on that issue.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Can the team recoup some of his guaranteed money if he’s deemed physically healthy to return, but just won’t/can’t for his own personal reasons?  Not advocating for that, just wondering if Beane could put it on the table if come playoff time White still isn’t willing to play ball…

One would assume that given modern medicine/sports science, he should be ready to go… However, on the flip side, the players who have come back from ACL’s early this year have been subject to other injuries likely related to rushing back and the whole aspect of “other parts of the body overcompensating” when you aren’t 100% everywhere.  JK Dobbins came back from ACL/MCL, they were even cautious with his return, and he’s on IR. Godwin came back blazingly fast, and while appearing healthy now, suffered a hammy that put him out some weeks, even OBJ coming back off the ACL only to tear it again in the Super Bowl, and so many franchises are expecting him to be their ticket to Lombardi Land, including many fans here 🤣… I get how frustrating it is to watch our secondary give games away on 4th and 18 while a seemingly healthy All Pro caliber corner is standing there on the sidelines just taking it all in, but hopefully the patience pays off and when(if?) Tre comes back when it matters most, he can avoid suffering the set backs these other guys have rushing back to the field.

At this point you just have to trust the process… The team is still 7-3 with the Division in their hands, KC will drop one or two along the way, and if they don’t, this team has proven multiple times now they can win at Arrowhead, while the Chiefs have proven they can lose big games there. Being healthy down the stretch > home field.

39 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Dude, that guy is a warrior.  Universally respected.  There’s a big difference between not being medically cleared to play and declining to retire to keep the employer on the hook for bonus monies owed and having the clearance and refusing to take the field.  Wood earned the right to express his views, whatever they may be, on that issue.  

He earned the right to throw one of the most beloved Bills under the bus a year after tearing his acl.  Vine Ok GIF

Edited by NewEra

18 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Can the team recoup some of his guaranteed money if he’s deemed physically healthy to return, but just won’t/can’t for his own personal reasons?  Not advocating for that, just wondering if Beane could put it on the table if come playoff time White still isn’t willing to play ball…

No.  If a true conflict like this was to escalate it would have to go through a medical arbitration first.

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

So that article makes it sound like he retired in a way that helped the team, so I'm not sure what your point is.

4 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

When your nominated for grammar cop of the year, I will let you know.

I missed a T

called a typo? Ever hear of one? When all you can do is insult the person and not discuss the topic... well you know how this story ends.

But the topic is sillier than misspelling butt.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So that article makes it sound like he retired in a way that helped the team, so I'm not sure what your point is.

My point?

I've been here long enough for you all to know that I rarely have a point. 

😁

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Do you think Eric Wood is spouting off without some inside knowledge of what’s going on?

Why would you be so upset at Eric Wood?

• Like (+1) 1