Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

13 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’ll be shocked if he plays. 

I actually think they’re going to

rip the band aid off and force him to dress this week.  They’ve been patient enough and it’s time for practical and roster management reasons noted in my prior post. 

Just now, SectionC3 said:

I actually think they’re going to

rip the band aid off and force him to dress this week.  They’ve been patient enough and it’s time for practical and roster management reasons noted in my prior post. 

this would be the game to do it, as far as team need is concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If you can’t spell butt, you really shouldn’t be running other people down.

When your nominated for grammar cop of the year, I will let you know.

I missed a T

called a typo? Ever hear of one? When all you can do is insult the person and not discuss the topic... well you know how this story ends.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t have an agenda.  Listen to the press conferences and check the injury report.  And, if one (you) read carefully, you’d note that I didn’t say that poyer has a problem. What was said was white’s reluctance becomes a bigger issue every time a banged up poyer puts his body on the line for this team as he approaches free agency. 

The facts remains that White had been medically cleared to play, that McD has strongly implied that the issue is not physical, that White is not in an injury report, and that White still has not participated.  There is no conclusion to be drawn other than, at this point, he does not want to play football.  Like it or not, that’s where we’re at.  To paraphrase our head coach, sometimes you just gotta go.  He’s chosen to not go.  

Ok.  You’re insinuating that Poyer might not play because Tre is playing it safe, so he might too?  

and to the fact that you said Tre’ “does not want to play football”…..again- you’re assuming that’s the case.  There’s a big difference between not thinking he’s ready to play and not wanting to play football.  We don’t know what it is……. He may want to play but thinks there is something not right.

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok.  You’re insinuating that Poyer might not play because Tre is playing it safe, so he might too?  

and to the fact that you said Tre’ “does not want to play football”…..again- you’re assuming that’s the case.  There’s a big difference between not thinking he’s ready to play and not wanting to play football.  We don’t know what it is……. He may want to play but thinks there is something not right.

Given the facts we know, I don’t think it’s out of line to say it IS a matter of “want to” with Tre. Up until this point, he hasn’t wanted to step on the field and compete in a competitive NFL game, the reasons for why we’re not privy to and can only speculate.
If Tre felt he was ready, he’d be playing, but with all the other facts we have at our disposal, we know that he doesn’t feel ready for whatever reason, therefore, hasn’t wanted to subject himself to a game yet. That’s just the reality of it. 

EDIT: saying “he doesn’t want to play football” is just a much more heavy handed version of the above.

Edited by JayBaller10

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Given the facts we know, I don’t think it’s out of line to say it IS a matter of “want to” with Tre. Up until this point, he hasn’t wanted to step on the field and compete in a competitive NFL game, the reasons for why we’re not privy to and can only speculate.
If Tre felt he was ready, he’d be playing, but with all the other facts we have at our disposal, we know that he doesn’t feel ready for whatever reason, therefore, hasn’t wanted to subject himself to a game yet. That’s just the reality of it. 

EDIT: saying “he doesn’t want to play football” is just a much more heavy handed version of the above.

Right, so he wants to play…..

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nope.  That’s not what I’m insinuating. Not sure how you reached that conclusion.  

What we actually have here is an injured guy (Poyer) playing his guts out and assuming a ton of risk, and a second guy (White) who is healthy but unwilling to play despite extraordinary financial security.  It does not go unnoticed in the locker room.  If former player Eric Wood is harping on Tre on state radio, then you can bet your bippy that it is noticed by the current group of players.  

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not assuming anything.  He’s been cleared, he’s not on an injury report, and he’s not dressing.  There is no other reasonable conclusion. 

Edited by SectionC3

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nope.  That’s not what I’m insinuating. Not sure how you reached that conclusion.  

What we actually have here is an injured guy (Poyer) playing his guts out and assuming a ton of risk, and a second guy (White) who is healthy but unwilling to play despite extraordinary financial security.  It does not go unnoticed in the locker room.  If former player Eric Wood is harping on Tre on state radio, then you can bet your bippy that it is noticed by the current group of players.  

I’m not assuming anything.  He’s been cleared, he’s not on an injury report, and he’s not dressing.  There is no other reasonable conclusion. 

Ok….so your saying that the current group of players are pissed at Tre.  Got it.  

there are most definitely other reasonable conclusions.  Most specifically, his knee still doesn’t feel right….. but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t WANT to play.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok….so your saying that the current group of players are pissed at Tre.  Got it.  

there are most definitely other reasonable conclusions.  Most specifically, his knee still doesn’t feel right….. but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t WANT to play.  

Yep, and sorry, but the Poyer comparisons that these White critics keep making don't hold much water either.  There's a huge difference between a hyperextended elbow on a safety and an ACL/Knee issue with a CB.  Even if Poyer were to reinjure the elbow, it's not a potentially career altering injury.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I think it would be more a matter of him thinking he might hurt the team and potentially he isn't playing well enough in practice right now or playing at much lower level against Diggs than he used to.

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That's a big hurdle to get over coming back from these...a lot of times it won't feel right for many months even after he starts playing again. Many players say it takes them a full year even after they begin playing to feel back to normal

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

“Sometimes you just gotta go.” -Sean McDermott 

And, at bottom, under your scenario, if he is cleared to play but does not feel “right” and therefore chooses not to dress, that means that, at this moment, he does not want to play football.  Why he doesn’t want to play is debatable.  But the fact that he does not want to play is not. 

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Yep, and sorry, but the Poyer comparisons that these White critics keep making don't hold much water either.  There's a huge difference between a hyperextended elbow on a safety and an ACL/Knee issue with a CB.  Even if Poyer were to reinjure the elbow, it's not a potentially career altering injury.

If he blows his ACL again he still isn’t going anywhere next year.  The cap number is too high. And, at this point, there’s a good chance that, healthy or not, he’s outta here at the end of next year no matter what bc the organization would rather give his money to someone else. 

• Vomit 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I think it would be more a matter of him thinking he might hurt the team and potentially he isn't playing well enough in practice right now or playing at much lower level against Diggs than he used to.

That's a big hurdle to get over coming back from these...a lot of times it won't feel right for many months even after he starts playing again. Many players say it takes them a full year even after they begin playing to feel back to normal

Oh stop making sense.  He doesn’t want to play.  CLEARLY.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Right now he doesn’t because he doesn’t believe he’s ready. I don’t know why that’s so difficult to grasp. 

He WANTS to play football…..but not until he feels he’s ready.  

He doesn’t feel he’s ready, and that’s why he doesn’t want to play.  I’m quite sure he wants to feel like he’s ready so he can play.  Rather than “not wanting to play football”.  He doesn’t want to play football “until he feels he’s ready”.  

semantics. 

• Like (+1) 1