Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

15 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

You’re crying to the wrong guy, dude. I’m a 2x cancer survivor, have 2x titanium hips, half a stomach and 3 stents in my arteries. I was a NCAA division 1 athlete back in the early 70s (hockey).

Yeah, it’s tough as hell to realize that all your hard work and endless hours of practice and training are gone and you’re back to square one. You know, I didn’t have what it takes to make it to the next level. Then I had to face up to the reality that I had to get a real job like everyone else. It sucks and it plays games with the head.

Here, we are talking about a guy who rose above that. Sometimes even today it makes me envious. However, if you have everything it takes to do it once, you can do it again. You suck it up, take the bitter pill and rise up again. I’ve been there a few times and expect nothing less from any elite athlete. In the case of Tre White, he is a lot more accomplished than I ever was. He certainly has a lot more money and accolades than I ever had. He needs to get back to work, get healthy and be the best version of himself. Failure is simply not an option.

Then you should know better

On 11/21/2022 at 12:42 PM, Beast said:

He has been available.

He is not playing.

And you’re good with that with the way some of our players are laying it on the line?

Tommy Doyle finished the Miami game with a torn ACL.

Why?

Because the team NEEDED him.

He's not ready yet.

I know you didn't ask me, but yes, I'm good with it.

Good for Doyle. 

We lost that game. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

"We're all encouraging Tre" feels like fairly intentional wording.

What the hell is wrong with the guy?  He had what looked to be your typical ACL injury a year ago.  It sounded like he was making a great recovery all offseason, and into training camp.  And here we are over halfway thru the 2022 season approaching week 12 and he isn't playing, and it doesn't sound like he will be anytime soon.  Heck do you all remember Willis McGhahee and his devastating knee injury?  He missed the next season of 2003 after we drafted him.  (his injury was around New Years 2003 so there was no way he was going to play in the 2003 season.)  But was ready to roll by 2004.  And that was almost two decades ago.  And Willis' injury was much worse then Tre's.  

Usually we hear players wanting to get back to playing as quickly as possible.  This seems completely opposite.  If the Bills medical staff has cleared Tre to play, he needs to get his ass out on the field.  Its that simple.  You are played to play football.  Now go do it.  

18 hours ago, Radar said:

Guess what, he's paid very well. Could give a sh.t about his ego. Then what? Pretty much what we're seeing.

"Let me ask all of the "Tre needs to play" people this question, say he plays and the opposing WR torches him all game. Then what?? 

Solomon Grundy didn't say sh.t about Tre's ego. That's you.

What I got from this was people like you would then b.tch about his play. You know, the never happy/I know it all crowd we have here. 

16 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

What the hell is wrong with the guy?  He had what looked to be your typical ACL injury a year ago.  It sounded like he was making a great recovery all offseason, and into training camp.  And here we are over halfway thru the 2022 season approaching week 12 and he isn't playing, and it doesn't sound like he will be anytime soon.  Heck do you all remember Willis McGhahee and his devastating knee injury?  He missed the next season of 2003 after we drafted him.  (his injury was around New Years 2003 so there was no way he was going to play in the 2003 season.)  But was ready to roll by 2004.  And that was almost two decades ago.  And Willis' injury was much worse then Tre's.  

Usually we hear players wanting to get back to playing as quickly as possible.  This seems completely opposite.  If the Bills medical staff has cleared Tre to play, he needs to get his ass out on the field.  Its that simple.  You are played to play football.  Now go do it.  

I can't believe after all the conversations about this you still don't know.

23 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You mad, bro?

• Haha (+1) 1

As much as I love Tre as a player, and everything that is said about him as a person. I think it's perfectly fair for fans to feel a little frustrated at this time. I don't understand why people are getting defensive about it. ACL recovery time for football players is typically 9-12 months. We are technically still in that window for another 3 days, but I don't think many of us expect him to play this week. If we were only a few days, or even a week or 2 from when he was cleared, it would be one thing, but we are now about a month past that point. Without saying it, the coaches are also wondering. Love him or hate him, he gets paid a lot of money to figure this kind of thing out, is the bottom line.

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

"We're all encouraging Tre" feels like fairly intentional wording.

Yeah definitely is…. Something is up with Tre. He is not ready or mentally weak. I’m thinking he is weak especially with all the resources he has and how fast other players come back from similar injures. Sad. Time to move on and hopefully he makes it by the playoffs. 

Edited by wppete

3 hours ago, warrior9 said:

No, you definitely weren't, go look at your reply. 

The OP was complaining that Tre was costing a lot of money to which I replied "...and you sound like it's your money.  Is that you, Terry?"

For those unfamiliar with the English language, I'll explain: I was criticizing the OP for his comments about the money as if it was HIS money, and "Is that you, Terry?" means that Terry (Pegula, he's the owner of the Bills and pays the salaries) might be the one with a right to complain about this, but certainly nobody else including the OP.

I'm sure that doesn't do it for you, but at least I tried.

I’m fine with being patient but he should be on IR and open the roster spot if he is not ready to go

49 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

He hasn't been on the injury report for weeks

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Unfortunately, my sources are telling me Tre will miss the next two games and return during one of the two games after that. 

Are these "sources" from deep within?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1