Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

All injured NFL players have the right to a second medical opinion not affiliated with the team, and if they choose to pursue treatment, to follow that medical advice.

He wasn't supposed to be a depth player

Fine, let White do whatever he wants, but are saying that Beane prepared this team for him not playing for 3/4 of the season? He has been victimized by White’s reluctance to play after being cleared by our medical staff. Veteran secondary players should have been brought in and playing for 2 weeks. This is our window, look at what KC did when their receivers went down.

• Thank you (+1) 1

While I dont think they should rush it....he does need to actually play football on it to get passed whatever mental restrictions there are.

Its a process to get comfortable playing normally again. So the sooner he gets back on the field the sooner he gets back to playing at a high level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FieldGeneral said:

I think he's back for the Jets or Dolphins game. 

I'd feel more comfortable with him playing 10-15 snaps against the Lions or Patriots.  Just get out there and get rid of that mental block.  Can't play Miami with that kind of doubt in your head.  You do that and Waddle/Hill will be destroying you.

Sucks but I can’t see White being much of a factor for us this year given the reluctance legit or not to get him on the field.  

He’s far enough out from his injury that the 358th day vs the 365th day post injury is meaningless despite what some quack doctor or agent might be telling him.  

If he wanted to be active on game days he would be given all our injuries.  I have zero faith that on the 365th day a switch is gonna go off and he’s gonna suddenly be ready to go.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Sucks but I can’t see White being much of a factor for us this year given the reluctance legit or not to get him on the field.  

He’s far enough out from his injury that the 358th day vs the 365th day post injury is meaningless despite what some quack doctor or agent might be telling him.  

If he wanted to be active on game days he would be given all our injuries.  I have zero faith that on the 365th day a switch is gonna go off and he’s gonna suddenly be ready to go.  

As frustrating as it is, and we’re running out of games … I’d hope the team/White are on the same page with the hope of him being a full go against Miami. 

Misses this week.  Limited snaps, or maybe out again, against the Pats.  

Then we have a mini-bye. 

Get him snaps at home against the Jets.   If he’s still out at that point, I think there’s a serious issue. 

Then full go against Miami, and into the final stretch. 

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

"We're all encouraging Tre" feels like fairly intentional wording.

Like I said earlier, I'm sure that Tre is getting as much support from all areas of his life to get through this.

He has to know that for the team's sake he needs to make his decision soon.

I'm still betting he plays soon, and things get back to normal.

If he chooses not to then "the team" has no choice but to shut him down for the year.

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

While I dont think they should rush it....he does need to actually play football on it to get passed whatever mental restrictions there are.

Its a process to get comfortable playing normally again. So the sooner he gets back on the field the sooner he gets back to playing at a high level.

Exactly. The only way to get game ready is to actually participate in a game, even if it means only being on the field on a limited basis and gradually increasing.