Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

His situation is going to HAVE TO go from "push" to "shove" at some point.

He has some sort of psychological hurdle he needs to get over, and it's not clear that he is going to get over it.

The longer he sits out, the more you wonder.

Why are you assuming it HAS TO go from "push" to "shove"?  Certainly a possibility is Tre will eventually feel comfortable enough to play, simple as that.

He may, or may not, have psychological issues to get over.  It might be he doesn't feel 100% and doesn't feel the knee is ready.  And he may feel he is  the best judge of when he is ready.

It seems the longer he sits out, the more you will use it to justify your already concluded view.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BillyBilliams said:

I've been getting slammed for 2 weeks now.  I'm feeling more and more proud of my stance as each game passes.  Right now Tre White is $17M in dead cap for this team.  It's preventing us from being a serious contender for OBJ.

Awe, how cute.

43 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I said we won the game.  It was over.  Then…Allen fumbled the game away.  

And our defense was doing fine until we lost Edmunds in the second half.  

Tre had nothing to do with why we lost.  

Let's not forget Josh's 2 ints and Devin's fumble.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I think the other rational take is that if he cannot lace them up for whatever reason and play, the team should seriously consider putting him on IR to make room for other moves.

The longer that decision drags out, the more logical IR looks.

That does not have to be a knock on White, but the team's staff has to consider when and where they draw that line.

My hope is that he fully recovers and gets his old swagger back.

This is a reasonable take.  I think this is all on the team.  McD isn't doing Tre' any favors with his BS non-answers which just generate a bunch of Tre' is a puss speculation.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This is a reasonable take.  I think this is all on the team.  McD isn't doing Tre' any favors with his BS non-answers which just generate a bunch of Tre' is a puss speculation.

If McD had it to do over again, I’d be surprised if he didn’t take a different stance/approach and say early “Tre White will practice but he won’t play in the game. We don’t feel he’s ready to contribute right now, but will monitor the situation going forward on a week to week basis.” Even if he didn’t believe Tre wasn’t ready to contribute, it’d stop the questioning and the blowback on White. I think that would’ve been the most prudent approach. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

OMG! Tre White is mentally ill. I read it right here!

that’s the last straw… we’re well and truly cursed.

And there you go again acting as though having a mental roadblock is some weakness that’s not a real thing for athletes. You could have just disagreed instead of the age old tactic of misrepresentation.

I broke my back in 4 places and needed fusion surgery… I was diagnosed with clinical depression and was totally unaware of how debilitating  mentally and emotionally it would be to overcome.

It’s a real thing for injured athletes and you should respect it instead of laughing at the mere thought of it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

When did McDermott say Tre was holding himself out?

It was secondary and now that I see this looks like it was conjecture.  Chris Brown said on his show today that the Bills "were being patient and supporting Tre's feeling that he wasn't ready to play"   

I'll take the L here.  If it was indeed a team decision than its not on Tre.

46 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Doesn't stop you from blindly and ignorantly firing off comments trying to get a laugh, though.

That's how this place operates.  The IQ here is quite a bit below room temperature.

Who pissed in your cheerios man?  So much anger for literally nothing. 

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It was secondary and now that I see this looks like it was conjecture.  Chris Brown said on his show today that the Bills "were being patient and supporting Tre's feeling that he wasn't ready to play"   

I'll take the L here.  If it was indeed a team decision than its not on Tre.

This is what it has been all along, that’s your team decision. Tre isn’t ready to play, but it’s not because the staff is holding him out. And it isn’t because he’s still physically injured to some degree as a few have surmised. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, julian said:

It’s a real thing for injured athletes and you should respect it instead of laughing at the mere thought of it.

Well said and I believe Tre is apprehensive about his return, at a minimum.  Listening to a lot of players who honestly talked

about returning to play, it is not uncommon and is a real condition.  One only has to google this to find all kinds of articles

written on the subject and recommendations on overcoming the affects.

I for one, can have a little more patience, but the time is coming where he will have to make a decision about his return status.

It's just going to have to happen for the sake of the team.  As to the "fans" poo pooing his situation, I give no serious attention to.

I'm confident he has a strong community of family, doctors, coaches and fellow players who are sincerely trying to help in this matter.

The macho "rub some dirt on it" and "quit being a puss" commentators are nothing but keyboard tough guys the whole world

has to deal with on-line about any conflicting issue.

If I was still a betting man, my money would be on Tre returning soon and this whole thing will be in the rearview mirror by the playoffs.

I also believe Tre is the type of individual who will give his honest comments about his rehab and return when the time is right.

His playful exterior is only a part of his personality and beneath is a serious and responsible individual, as far as what I have seen.

FWIW.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Yeah. If only the Bills were like...7-3 and one game out of the AFC 1-seed, we could all chill out and let Tre come back when he's ready.

So Much LOGIC here hermano. That's the crux. Period. Punto. And I am fine with it when you put it the way. Good stuff 🙂

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah. If only the Bills were like...7-3 and one game out of the AFC 1-seed, we could all chill out and let Tre come back when he's ready.

Terry Pegula definitely paying record amounts in cash over cap so we can be tied with 3 other teams chasing KC…. Again. 

If Tre wants to wait, that’s fine by me, but I absolutely understand the frustration.  

We have a decimated defense, guys playing through injuries and a guy that flirted with opting out is now mysteriously not playing.  

Not shocking how this has evolved amongst the fanbase (and some plugged in media) as this drags on. 

You know with Bills fans, the moment he is active to play on Game Day, he is our beloved All-Pro / Pro Bowl Corner again and all is forgiven.

The only way there is love lost is if Tre ends up not playing a single game for us this season, or if he indeed stinks it up when he finally does play.

But you gotta love Bills fans, most of these guys hating on him will be his #1 fan the day he is finally active.

• Thank you (+1) 1