Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It’s a team decision in the sense the Bills are supporting Tre’s wishes, but if Tre wanted to play, or felt he was ready to play, he’d be on the field. The “team” wouldn’t say no.

But in reality, we have no idea.  But pretend

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

An opposing WR gained nearly 200 yards and you are continuing to argue that getting a pro bowl CB back onto the field wouldn't have changed the game?  

I said we won the game.  It was over.  Then…Allen fumbled the game away.  

And our defense was doing fine until we lost Edmunds in the second half.  

Tre had nothing to do with why we lost.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

How do you know this without seeing him practice? It’s just as likely the coaches think he’s favoring one leg or not yet at game speed or whatever. I don’t think anyone knows and haven’t seem anything that says the team thinks he’s ready and he doesn’t want to play. If it’s out there, please link. 

McD’s response was in regards to a reporter asking point blank “is it Tre White holding himself out? Or is it the team doctors?” He said it was a team decision, he’s not going to throw his players under the bus. Closest he got to that was his response on the 16th of this month when he said “Tre doesn’t feel he’s at the level he needs to be at, it’s like the gap coming out of training camp, but at some point we’ve got to go.” That was the closest he’s been to pointing the finger directly at Tre.

Nowhere did McD say that he, the position coaches, or anyone else doesn’t feel he’s ready to contribute in a game and if he did, it’d put to rest all the animosity towards Tre.

Edited by JayBaller10

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You'll get pushback, but I'm starting to lean in this direction as well. 

Our Coach says nothing worth while on this topic. 

And we haven't heard from Tre in a year. 

It's now to the point where he isn't even up for debate on playing, he's just ruled out on Friday's now. 

Yeah but you have nothing to base that on. 

You're just hoping. 

So 7-more weeks of him being out and just practicing fully with no injury designation and you're fine?

Since you missed this, he met with the media a few weeks ago 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2022/11/bills-tre-white-details-darkest-and-brightest-moments-of-rehab-and-how-obj-helped.html?outputType=amp

transcript

https://www.wivb.com/sports/buffalo-bills/tredavious-white-breaks-silence-on-recovery-from-acl-injury/amp/

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Whatever. The Tre talk is getting boring. Time to piss or get off the pot. If he can't play, so be it. Next man up. Tre playing isn't guaranteeing us a super bowl.

Yeah I agree. We need to forget about him. Seems like he’s is not ready this year or just doesn’t want to play. Move on and work with who we have out there. 

4 hours ago, Deadstroke said:

Hey, I'm a homer and been loving and defending my team for many years.  I'm usually always in a player's corner when he may be questioned for underperforming; but this thing with Tre has gone on too long.  The latest reports now have him fully healthy but perhaps not too confident of his health/current abilities. 

He's getting paid a ton of money and it's time to earn it now when the team really need him.  The pass defense is getting abused big time.  It's time for Tre to show up and help out.

I totally agree with you, but the Kool-Aid Crew around here who view current Bills (not former Bills) as religious leaders will dump all over you.  Looks like they already have.

There is an interesting story going on with Tre; it's not a simple "waiting to heal" story, which would be extremely boring and un-noteworthy.

I feel like this will get bigger before it goes away entirely.

His situation is going to HAVE TO go from "push" to "shove" at some point.

Not sure when that will be or when McDermott will start to address the situation honestly.

He has some sort of psychological hurdle he needs to get over, and it's not clear that he is going to get over it.

The longer he sits out, the more you wonder.

4 hours ago, warrior9 said:

You sound like someone who has torn their ACL while playing a position in the NFL that requires a lot of lateral movement. 

How did your recovery go? 

There's so much more to this story than what you imply; you should look into it.

7 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Whatever. The Tre talk is getting boring. Time to piss or get off the pot. If he can't play, so be it. Next man up. Tre playing isn't guaranteeing us a super bowl.

Only old men such as myself should seek the comfort of a seat to pee.

Anyway, I agree.  Our DBs are the weak spot right now and it’s getting to the point where Beane may need to raid someone’s PS.

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

It feels pretty unlikely that it's White keeping himself off the field.  My guess is that the coaching staff aren't prepared to risk him with the level of play he's showing in practice, maybe he's not playing markedly better than Jackson/Benford/Elam yet. 

I see you have spent literally zero time following this story.

In reality, it's the complete opposite; don't take my word for it.

Why not dig into what McDermott has said himself?

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I did miss that, thanks for the quote.  

Doesn't stop you from blindly and ignorantly firing off comments trying to get a laugh, though.

That's how this place operates.  The IQ here is quite a bit below room temperature.

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I definitely wouldn't play on Detroit's field. Considered one of the worst in football 

Actually, you definitely would if you had an NFL contract.

Unless you don't like being employed.

11 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

McD’s response was in regards to a reporter asking point blank “is it Tre White holding himself out? Or is it the team doctors?” He said it was a team decision, he’s not going to throw his players under the bus. Closest he got to that was his response on the 16th of this month when he said “Tre doesn’t feel he’s at the level he needs to be at, it’s like the gap coming out of training camp, but at some point we’ve got to go.” That was the closest he’s been to pointing the finger directly at Tre.

Nowhere did McD say that he, the position coaches, or anyone else doesn’t feel he’s ready to contribute in a game and if he did, it’d put to rest all the animosity towards Tre.

This is what he said on the 16th, been pretty consistent 

I went back and listened and he never made it sound like it was him deciding not to play. He alluded to the trainers getting him to where he needs to be and checking all the boxes. 

Just saying what i heard. Maybe he’s lying 

1 minute ago, hemma said:

What exactly is a Team decision?

Secret vote?

It’s “player X doesn’t feel he’s at the level he needs to be to compete and we’ll support his decision.” That’s a team decision. Saying “team decision” was also another way to prevent the pitchforks from really stabbing at Tre.

Could you imagine if he was blunt with that reporter and said “it’s been Tre’s decision not to play, our team doctors cleared him long ago.” Good luck getting any free agents here if they believed the head coach doesn’t have your back.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Great, another Tre' is a puss thread. All you weekend warriors who are willing to jeopardize his knee can go ***** yourselves.

I think the other rational take is that if he cannot lace them up for whatever reason and play, the team should seriously consider putting him on IR to make room for other moves.

The longer that decision drags out, the more logical IR looks.

That does not have to be a knock on White, but the team's staff has to consider when and where they draw that line.

My hope is that he fully recovers and gets his old swagger back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is what he said on the 16th, been pretty consistent 

I went back and listened and he never made it sound like it was him deciding not to play. He alluded to the trainers getting him to where he needs to be and checking all the boxes. 

Just saying what i heard. Maybe he’s lying 

McD is king of vagueness, but I thought his comments were unmistakable: “If Tre feels he needs to be at this level…” There’s no tiptoeing around that, Tre doesn’t feel right.

As I said earlier, McD could’ve ended any and all attention towards Tre if he said from the get go “we don’t feel he’s ready to contribute in a game.” Instead it’s “we’re taking it day to day…” and that has been the message since he returned to practice almost a month ago.
Tre is physically ready, any thoughts that he’s limping around on the field or had a setback are just crazy given how the Bills have treated his comeback and what McD continues to say “or not say.”