Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

recovery must be taking longer than expected.  most aren't the same until 2 years after the surgery.  i've had a torn acl with a partial in my mcl and torn cartilage.  I can't imagine doing the cuts an stressful moves hes gonna have to do so soon.   My best to tre.  Come back when you're ready.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tre has been a rockstar back to 2017.  He’s possibly a bit gunshy on his injury.  It’s silly to keep doing WAG speculation when none of us know anything and we won’t until he and the team are ready.  

We need Tre for next decade, and we have solid draft acquisitions in Benford and Elam.  We’re playing the freakin Lions.  Then we get the pathetic Cheats.  We’ll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

i think tre has earned the benefit of the doubt. 

How so?

A year removed from injury and based on the way he waffled about covid, if there wasn't a setback, then it's reasonable to assume he has some sort of personal apprehension/hesitation about playing. That's not to say it's good or bad. Simply that, at this point, there has to be something else going on other than routine recovery.

Now multiple weeks since being activated with no injury designation and the team is still obfuscating. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet we wont the game until Josh Allen fumbled the game away 

An opposing WR gained nearly 200 yards and you are continuing to argue that getting a pro bowl CB back onto the field wouldn't have changed the game?  

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Some people are treating this like a contract hold out. I don’t understand.

It may not be a contract holdout but he is holding himself out.  He has been medically cleared to play and elevated to the active roster.  The only person not allowing him to play is him.  So what else would you call it?

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

It may not be a contract holdout but he is holding himself out.  He has been medically cleared to play and elevated to the active roster.  The only person not allowing him to play is him.  So what else would you call it?

He has to be on the active roster because they only had a certain number of days before they had to make that call. It doesn’t mean he’s ready to play in a game. He can be inactive until they want to put him out there. They are the ones watching him in practice. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He has to be on the active roster because they only had a certain number of days before they had to make that call. It doesn’t mean he’s ready to play in a game. He can be inactive until they want to put him out there. They are the ones watching him in practice. 

I understand that portion.  What there seems to be some contention around is whether it's him or the team holding him out.  From all accounts, including McDermott himself, it appears its Tre and not the team keeping him inactive.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I understand that portion.  What there seems to be some contention around is whether it's him or the team holding him out.  From all accounts, including McDermott himself, it appears its Tre and not the team keeping him inactive.

Where are all the accounts saying this? I haven’t seen. 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He just said that it was a team decision.  Literally 2 minutes ago

40 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Tre has been a rockstar back to 2017.  He’s possibly a bit gunshy on his injury.  It’s silly to keep doing WAG speculation when none of us know anything and we won’t until he and the team are ready.  

We need Tre for next decade, and we have solid draft acquisitions in Benford and Elam.  We’re playing the freakin Lions.  Then we get the pathetic Cheats.  We’ll be fine.

like we were against Jets and Vikings? You need for best players for every game

As a person who has had ACL surgery. I would think you would bring White back in an indoor controlled weather environment or a warm weather game would best serve him. Mainly because if White had his hamstring grafted to rebuild the ACL, the hamstring can be really slow to fully recover and have no tenderness. Thus for his first true all out efforts in a game situation I wouldn’t want the hamstring to be a factor because it was cold out.

Edited by iccrewman112

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He just said that it was a team decision.  Literally 2 minutes ago

It’s a team decision in the sense the Bills are supporting Tre’s wishes, but if Tre wanted to play, or felt he was ready to play, he’d be on the field. The “team” wouldn’t say no.

White will be back for the Pats Thursday night game. No reason to play him vs Detroit. Bring him back vs NE then he’s in for Jets and MIA the following two weeks and we’re back on top of the division and ready to roll into the playoffs. There’s no WR threat from an opposing team until MIA so I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they wait til then. And then he plays himself into game shape the last 4 weeks (maybe sitting week 18 finale if we’re in position for that) and into the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

It’s a team decision in the sense the Bills are supporting Tre’s wishes, but if Tre wanted to play, or felt he was ready to play, he’d be on the field. The “team” wouldn’t say no.

How do you know this without seeing him practice? It’s possible of course but it’s just as likely the coaches think he’s favoring one leg or not yet at game speed or whatever. I don’t think anyone outside the team knows and i haven’t seen anything that says the team thinks he’s ready and he doesn’t want to play. If it’s out there, please link. 

Edited by YoloinOhio