Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

Hey, I'm a homer and been loving and defending my team for many years.  I'm usually always in a player's corner when he may be questioned for underperforming; but this thing with Tre has gone on too long.  The latest reports now have him fully healthy but perhaps not too confident of his health/current abilities. 

He's getting paid a ton of money and it's time to earn it now when the team really need him.  The pass defense is getting abused big time.  It's time for Tre to show up and help out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 10

Just now, Deadstroke said:

Hey, I'm a homer and been loving and defending my team for many years.  I'm usually always in a player's corner when he may be questioned for underperforming; but this thing with Tre has gone on too long.  The latest reports now have him fully healthy but perhaps not too confident of his health/current abilities. 

He's getting paid a ton of money and it's time to earn it now when the team really need him.  The pass defense is getting abused big time.  It's time for Tre to show up and help out.

I think you need to clarify what those "latest reports" to which you refer are about.

I think those "latest reports" are all speculation from outside the building - you know, the same sources that had Allen out for 3-4 weeks with a UCL

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I agree. 

however, if they force him on the field, he may play like crap which could not only hurt his confidence, but also his relationship with the team. Right now it’s a lose-lose situation. 

I’d strongly consider placing him on IR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

He could be anywhere from looking awesome and ready to go after another week or all the way to he is getting smoked on every play in practice and that is why he will not be activated.  Some recover perfectly others never.  Nobody knows for sure until Trey or McD comes out and says this is the deal.  Like it or not, this is what it is.

Edited by Lagoon Blues
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

It feels pretty unlikely that it's White keeping himself off the field.  My guess is that the coaching staff aren't prepared to risk him with the level of play he's showing in practice, maybe he's not playing markedly better than Jackson/Benford/Elam yet. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

It feels pretty unlikely that it's White keeping himself off the field.  My guess is that the coaching staff aren't prepared to risk him with the level of play he's showing in practice, maybe he's not playing markedly better than Jackson/Benford/Elam yet. 

I think you missed McD’s thoughts on this  from a few days ago. “At some point you just have to go.” I think the decision is entirely Tre’s and the organization has been supportive and in his corner up until this point. The longer this draws out, you start to see chinks in that support, especially with teammates playing under various ailments.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

I think you missed McD’s thoughts on this  from a few days ago. “At some point you just have to go.” I think the decision is entirely Tre’s and the organization has been supportive and in his corner up until this point. The longer this draws out, you start to see chinks in that support, especially with teammates playing under various ailments.

I did miss that, thanks for the quote.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

This post is a drunken post-game WGR call come to life.

Is it?

There were posters saying that Eric Wood and Chris Brown were starting to question Tre White’s desire to start playing in yesterdays pre-game show.

Edited by Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think you need to clarify what those "latest reports" to which you refer are about.

I think those "latest reports" are all speculation from outside the building - you know, the same sources that had Allen out for 3-4 weeks with a UCL

The Injury report.  He's not on it.  He's physically healthy to play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, let’s put the guy who’s not confident enough to play out there just because it’s time to take a dump.  

Then IR him. If he’s physically ready and not taking the field just move on. Deal with it in the off-season.

Edited by Beast
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Not only that but apparently Eric Wood and Chris Brown were calling him out on the pregame show yesterday and saying he is letting the team down. If they're saying that you know it's true.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1