Predicton: Viking will miss the playoffs

Dr. K

The Jets are for real and Zach Wilson is an ok QB... oh wait! It's clear Zach Wilson is a bust and the Jets are going nowhere with him.

The Dolphins are a true threat to the Bills in the AFC East... but actually their success is just a mirage and they aren't that good... oh wait, they are actually really good.

The Bills are clearly going to win the superbowl and are the best team ever... oh no, we will actually miss the playoffs and everyone should be fired... oh wait, the Bills are probably good and will make the playoffs. Phew!

The Vikings are the best team in the league and will go to the superbowl... well, actually they suck and will miss the playoffs.

Notice any trends here? It's fans overreacting to every single win and loss for every single team. Goodness gracious, people! Bad team win games sometimes, and good teams lose to bad teams sometimes, and this year especially has been very hard to predict in the NFL. You don't need to keep making definitive statements about teams. It's a foolish approach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

The Vikings are not a very good team. Their record is a mirage. Maybe I'm exaggerating in saying they won't make the playoffs--the chances of the Lions catching them are slim--but I don't expect the Vikings to win more than 2 or 3 of their last seven games, and they'll lose in the first round of the playoffs. 

If they played the Bills another ten times, they would lose eight of them. 

I could see a post like this about the Giants, but the Vikings have enough weapons on offense to go toe to toe with any of their NFC opponents. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

The Vikings are not a very good team. Their record is a mirage. Maybe I'm exaggerating in saying they won't make the playoffs--the chances of the Lions catching them are slim--but I don't expect the Vikings to win more than 2 or 3 of their last seven games, and they'll lose in the first round of the playoffs. 

If they played the Bills another ten times, they would lose eight of them. 

I don't think fully healthy the Bills lose more than 1-2 games this season, tops.  That was the Vikings season highpoint, kudos to them, they played above themselves in a very difficult envirnment.

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

The Jets are for real and Zach Wilson is an ok QB... oh wait! It's clear Zach Wilson is a bust and the Jets are going nowhere with him.

The Dolphins are a true threat to the Bills in the AFC East... but actually their success is just a mirage and they aren't that good... oh wait, they are actually really good.

The Bills are clearly going to win the superbowl and are the best team ever... oh no, we will actually miss the playoffs and everyone should be fired... oh wait, the Bills are probably good and will make the playoffs. Phew!

The Vikings are the best team in the league and will go to the superbowl... well, actually they suck and will miss the playoffs.

Notice any trends here? It's fans overreacting to every single win and loss for every single team. Goodness gracious, people! Bad team win games sometimes, and good teams lose to bad teams sometimes, and this year especially has been very hard to predict in the NFL. You don't need to keep making definitive statements about teams. It's a foolish approach.

Quite right.  Since Dallas lost to Green Bay week 10.

This would take a collapse that would go down in history as that division is crap. But until the Bills started to play loosy goosy at 27-10 and the ball the Bills where on their way to jackhammering them like Dallas did. 
The difference Dan Quinn realized he was playing Kurt Cousins not Fran Tarkenton. With Leslie it was the other way around. 

The Vikings have a FOUR game lead in their division and 2.5 game lead on the last WC spot (drops to 2 if SF wins tonight). 

They could go winless the rest of the year and still have a good chance at making the playoffs. Their division is that bad. 

There's a 99%+ chance they make the playoffs. 

Now if you want to say they aren't as good as their record indicates and will get bounced in the first round? That's something I can get behind 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Actually, I am not somebody who goes into hysterical reactions one way or another based on a single game. You can check my history of posts for evidence. After the Bills loss to the Vikings, I did not come on here with my hair (what's left of it) on fire about either the Bills or the Vikings.

My opinion about the Vikings is based on how they have played the entire season, their overall points scored vs. points given up, the number of times they have had to come from behind to barely squeak out a win. 

They obviously have some great players, most notably Justin Jefferson. Cousins can play well enough to keep them in most games. But I do not see their current success as sustainable. I phrased my original post to be provocative, but my basic point is they are nowhere near as good a team as their won-lost record would indicate. 

Sports Illustrated: "The Vikings now find themselves in weirdly rarified air. Kevin O'Connell's team is the first in NFL history to post a negative point differential (minus-2) across their first 10 games while still managing to win eight times. "

Edited by Dr. K
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I got the Falcons winning it all. 

6 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Their record is 8-2, but they have scored -2 points overall.

It's all smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions caught them. 

Lol I can get behind a more general point that they’re not as good as their record indicates and they’ve been getting pretty lucky hitting on a bunch of improbable gamechanging plays.  I severely doubt they miss the playoffs though

8 wins is a lot in the nfc right now…two of those teams in the playoff picture are gonna cool off much faster than the Vikings imo and the Vikings are already 1 and 2 games ahead of them (giants,Seahawks)

and that only comes into play if some kind of miracle happens and an nfc north team catches them somehow 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Their record is 8-2, but they have scored -2 points overall.

It's all smoke and mirrors. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions caught them. 

I honestly don't see this happening without the Lions winning on Thanksgiving so I'm really hoping they don't.

Vikings are a good team but probably quite 8-2 type of good.

Yesterday's manhandling at home by Dallas was long overdue though especially after their improbable wins on the road the last few weeks against the Bills and commanders.

I do think they lose again this week against the Patriots at home on Thanksgiving unfortunately because these are the type of games Belichik shines in but something would have to go terribly wrong for them to not easily win that division and even if they completely implode from here on out not sure any other team in the NFCN could catch them.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Lions beat the Vikings when they play in a few weeks, but I still believe that the Vikings will make the playoffs.  They have a great WR, an excellent RB, decent OL and defense.  Probably a quick out in the playoffs, however.

I also think the Lions will be a handful for the Bills, but the Bills are better and will show it and win on Thursday.  The Giants are a nice story and Daboll is squeezing what he can out of that roster, but they will fade.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Large said:

that win in Orchard Park was WAY more significant than the loss yesterday, IMO.  That win last week makes a team believe they can win any game, beat anybody.  I think a let down game/ hangover game is pretty understandable.

By those standards the Bills should feel ok about the loss to the Vikings right? They had a nearly flawless record..

Dallas on the other hand has just been beaten by the same Packers we beat… 

End of the day, it’s why they play the games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.