I hate the Bills Schedule - Is this done on purpose?

Billsfan1972

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Probably, though think there's a better chance of it being either a coach or official as they aren't in as good of shape as the players.  Never thought about it, but when do the officials get a water break, maybe during TV time outs.  Meanwhile players are subbing in and out and getting water whenever they want it.

Yeah.   My brother was at a game years ago in JAX... Early September I believe? People dropping like flies he said.  One lady standing out dropped right in front of him... Paramedics came rushing in. 

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.   My brother was at a game years ago in JAX... Early September I believe? People dropping like flies he said.  One lady standing out dropped right in front of him... Paramedics came rushing in. 

Yeah probably more people passing out in the stands than on the field.  Then add some alcohol and 95 degrees!

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Instead of a new thread.  

Let me say it again, this schedule is terrible.  Weather related issues way too often and now look @ Miami forwarcast & Chicago next week.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Chicago+IL?canonicalCityId=51327091448a763db3e0093b240009381d87952467e6c2ba8bad55f1328ec986

My God, why can't they schedule home playoff games in September?

Edited by pocoboy
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:31 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

We play in Miami when weather here is still pleasant and the last 6 games are all against north eastern teams where the elements could play a factor.

Actually the whole season was played vs. teams in cold weather markets (except Miami & LA). 

Bills fans should savour back to back weeks @ Ford Field.

Anyone else have a schedule as bad as Buffalo's?

BTW Bass would be unstoppable kicking indoors. 

For most of the 1970s into the 1980s, the Dolphins came up to Buffalo early in the year when the weather was nice, and the Bills would travel to Miami in December. You can look it up. At the time, people began to complain this was unfair to the Bills because they always had to deal with heat in Miami and that it contributed to the Miami winning streak. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Is it me, or is their more whining about weather this year than most? Breaking news: It snows in Buffalo and it gets cold in Chicago during the winter. 

Yes Buffalo is cold and again the plan is for an open air stadium in the snowbelt (and don't forget the wind).  Frankly I don't get it.

The season ends with no reprieve NE (night game got lucky it was okay weather), NYJ (rain/snow), Night game Miami, @ Chicago, Night game @ Cincy & TBD NE. 

All their division rivals have it easier (yes Miami is in Miami).....  Check others and all have better "weather" schedules.

I guess I'm just not as tough.

25 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Instead of a new thread.  

Let me say it again, this schedule is terrible.  Weather related issues way too often and now look @ Miami forwarcast & Chicago next week.

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Chicago+IL?canonicalCityId=51327091448a763db3e0093b240009381d87952467e6c2ba8bad55f1328ec986

GB, Chicago, Cleveland, NE, KC, Tennessee, Buffalo, someone should tell all of these teams to build domes. The weather is just too much :lol:

In all seriousness, it has always been like this. The cold, the snow, it's always been a part of the game for numerous franchises come December and into January. 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes Buffalo is cold and again the plan is for an open air stadium in the snowbelt (and don't forget the wind).  Frankly I don't get it.

The season ends with no reprieve NE (night game got lucky it was okay weather), NYJ (rain/snow), Night game Miami, @ Chicago, Night game @ Cincy & TBD NE. 

All their division rivals have it easier (yes Miami is in Miami).....  Check others and all have better "weather" schedules.

Correct, you are not.  You whine and whine and whine.

On 11/21/2022 at 9:33 AM, Einstein said:

I agree.

I know a lot of fans think we have a home field advantage with the snow and cold but i’m not so sure. We are the not the 70’s Steelers. We are a passing offense that relies on crisp routes and clean fields.

Well said!  Miami's home field advantage is clearly greater than ours.  In McDaniel's press conference, he states that both teams will be in the "same environment" Saturday, but this was NOT true in Miami with Bills' bench feeling like 120 degrees while the Miami bench nicely shaded.  Bad weather is essentially an "equalizer" that takes many of Buffalo's advantages away.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

yup.

On 11/21/2022 at 9:31 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

We play in Miami when weather here is still pleasant and the last 6 games are all against north eastern teams where the elements could play a factor.

Actually the whole season was played vs. teams in cold weather markets (except Miami & LA). 

Bills fans should savour back to back weeks @ Ford Field.

Anyone else have a schedule as bad as Buffalo's?

BTW Bass would be unstoppable kicking indoors. 

I'm sure Miami isn't too happy with two back to back west coast games, 2nd one on a Sunday night followed by a Saturday night road game in Buffalo.  3 game road trip including a short week on the road in a cold climate.  Ironically both games were flexed, one to Sunday night and other to Saturday.  I'll bet Miami would gladly have traded the home and home dates with the Bills at this point to avoid this stretch.

22 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm sure Miami isn't too happy with two back to back west coast games, 2nd one on a Sunday night followed by a Saturday night road game in Buffalo.  3 game road trip including a short week on the road in a cold climate.  Ironically both games were flexed, one to Sunday night and other to Saturday.  I'll bet Miami would gladly have traded the home and home dates with the Bills at this point to avoid this stretch.

That’s what they get for living at the very tip of a remote peninsula. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

They are calling for up to 3 additional inches of snow the night of the game maybe they need to bring Shady back for 1 game 🤔 . I feel that Motor can get it done Cook has never played in snow i don't believe & Hines i'm not real sure about either but i think the Bills can just do it & i h ope they get HFA through out the play offs this year .

15 minutes ago, T master said:

They are calling for up to 3 additional inches of snow the night of the game maybe they need to bring Shady back for 1 game 🤔 . I feel that Motor can get it done Cook has never played in snow i don't believe & Hines i'm not real sure about either but i think the Bills can just do it & i h ope they get HFA through out the play offs this year .

I'm also nervous about how the RB's outside Motor can run in this. Looked at Hines career log and he's never played in snow (unless I missed it), Cook is obviously a wildcard, and Motor has had fumbling issues in "conditions". I hope Gilliam is able to play in all honesty.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:04 AM, Steptide said:

Knowing McDermott, I feel like they'll have something special for Miami. No way they just try a fry the bills in Miami and the bills don't have some kind of subtle jab to get them back 

Like what?  Secret wind blowing machines in use when Miami is on offense?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.