I hate the Bills Schedule - Is this done on purpose?

Billsfan1972

26 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Maybe we can model proper use of some sort of fans and outdoor AC units. Snow making machine like at ski lifts. Idk I'm talking stupid right now. 

Pretty sure Miami left the ac fans off when we were there, maybe leave the heaters off for them 

• Agree 1

The weather stuff has always been overrated for me. I'm on #TeamDome but I digress. The elements, bah. 

It's funny that the Bills have their road game against Miami early on these last few years. Early 2010s the Phins cried about their schedule because they were routinely playing their road game against the Bills in late December. So then for a while the Phins were playing the Bills before December. Whatever. Stupid Phins. May Tua slip on a rogue floormat. 

Edited by blacklabel

You are better fans then me.  I like going to a game, being comfortable, not watching forecasts days in advance to figure out how many layers and what to expect.

The fact the Bills last 6 games all could be affected one way or another by weather is frustrating imo.  

Last year that NE game cost the Bills home field in the playoffs.  Yes water under the bridge, just an observation.

On 11/21/2022 at 7:59 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

How come then the KC already in week 11 is done with their nemesis LAC?

Because the NFL thought Denver would be their nemesis this year. They still have to play them twice, as well as the Raiders, who were also supposed to be good.

5 hours ago, chongli said:

Because the NFL thought Denver would be their nemesis this year. They still have to play them twice, as well as the Raiders, who were also supposed to be good.

I get it, but both better "weather" foes, while Buffalo has 4 games (three at home) vs. their division.

Just a lousy schedule, which includes NE at night (forecast for now is okay) along with the Bengals January 2nd @ night too.  

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/21/2022 at 10:55 AM, LabattBlue said:

I am not sure if the owner has any input into schedule preferences(I think they can at least make some requests), but it is idiotic that the Bills play at Miami early, and here in Buffalo late. 

It should always be Miami here in Sep/Oct, and at Miami in Nov/Dec. 

We used to complain playing in Miami late in season because Bills were going from cold to warm humid Miami .   

On 11/21/2022 at 9:37 AM, Boatdrinks said:

NFL loves weather games .. looks great on TV. Not so good for Bills offense 

Yeah but unless it's actually snowing, it doesn't look good.  Cold or wind don't portray all that well on TV, other than seeing peoples breath.

On 11/21/2022 at 9:37 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Imagine that miami game gets flexed to night, and poof there's suddenly a heating bench malfunction on the visitor's side

hypothermia's a mother

Actually that wouldn't work, if the Vikes didn't work, by rule they'd need to also turn off the Bills benches too.  What the Bills could do is decide not cold enough for heated benches for either team and remove them.  Don't know of any rules in place that require them? 

Recall back in the 70's Bud Grant would not allow heated benches in Minn for either team as felt his players were use to the cold so would hurt the visitors more.  Didn't help him much though in warm weather SB sites.

If I were a maintenance worker at Highmark, what I would do with about 5 minutes left in the Miami game, I'd go into the service room near the visitors locker room with a hammer and a punch.  Not sure what happened, but a pipe burst, the good news is there was shut off valve about three feet in front of the leak so once we found the issue after the water running for about ten minutes, hopefully not too much seeped under the wall into the visitors locker room so were able to shut it off.  But it was the hot water line so there will not be any hot water in the visitors locker room after the game.  Sorry about that Fish, but you understand it is an old stadium.

In other news for some strange reason McD awards a game ball to a maintenance man??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I get it, but both better "weather" foes, while Buffalo has 4 games (three at home) vs. their division.

Just a lousy schedule, which includes NE at night (forecast for now is okay) along with the Bengals January 2nd @ night too.  

I wish the NFL would be like MLB, where cold-weather locations often don't have late March/early April series at home, like the NY Yankees. It would be very difficult and undesirable to do in the NFL though, unless teams like Buffalo would be scheduled for no home games November-January.

1 hour ago, chongli said:

I wish the NFL would be like MLB, where cold-weather locations often don't have late March/early April series at home, like the NY Yankees. It would be very difficult and undesirable to do in the NFL though, unless teams like Buffalo would be scheduled for no home games November-January.

There should be no night time game late November on in cold weather climates.  Just non-sensical.  Add to that only 3 warm weather/dome foes this year and all in September.  Detroit could have been a late December game & NE the Thanksgiving game.    

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/21/2022 at 8:31 AM, Billsfan1972 said:

We play in Miami when weather here is still pleasant and the last 6 games are all against north eastern teams where the elements could play a factor.

Actually the whole season was played vs. teams in cold weather markets (except Miami & LA). 

Bills fans should savour back to back weeks @ Ford Field.

Anyone else have a schedule as bad as Buffalo's?

BTW Bass would be unstoppable kicking indoors. 

GO BASS!TylerBassLogo_Bills.jpg.67c8b09ab1f9d27c8c6bb8f054530462.jpg

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah but unless it's actually snowing, it doesn't look good.  Cold or wind don't portray all that well on TV, other than seeing peoples breath.

Actually that wouldn't work, if the Vikes didn't work, by rule they'd need to also turn off the Bills benches too.  What the Bills could do is decide not cold enough for heated benches for either team and remove them.  Don't know of any rules in place that require them? 

Recall back in the 70's Bud Grant would not allow heated benches in Minn for either team as felt his players were use to the cold so would hurt the visitors more.  Didn't help him much though in warm weather SB sites.

If I were a maintenance worker at Highmark, what I would do with about 5 minutes left in the Miami game, I'd go into the service room near the visitors locker room with a hammer and a punch.  Not sure what happened, but a pipe burst, the good news is there was shut off valve about three feet in front of the leak so once we found the issue after the water running for about ten minutes, hopefully not too much seeped under the wall into the visitors locker room so were able to shut it off.  But it was the hot water line so there will not be any hot water in the visitors locker room after the game.  Sorry about that Fish, but you understand it is an old stadium.

In other news for some strange reason McD awards a game ball to a maintenance man??

Then why do they allow players to get heat stroke on Visiting side in Miami.  "By rule", shouldn't the home team have to endure heat stroke too?

Heat stroke will kill you much faster than freezing to death. Like in minutes.

The League is backwards on player safety. They built a shade roof for fans at Hard Rock... Why not a visiting side dug out?

On 11/21/2022 at 3:02 PM, I am the egg man said:

“I hate the Bills Schedule - Is this done on purpose?”

Anything that doesn’t go the Bills way is done on purpose by the NFL high counsel.

They knew the storm was coming and reveled in it.

"Bills Should Only Play Road Games After Halloween" - OP

I for one would love to have most meaningful games of the season played on the road!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/21/2022 at 7:04 AM, Steptide said:

Knowing McDermott, I feel like they'll have something special for Miami. No way they just try a fry the bills in Miami and the bills don't have some kind of subtle jab to get them back 

Just turn off their locker room electricity and shut down their field heaters. 2 can play this game Miami. 

5 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

GO BASS!TylerBassLogo_Bills.jpg.67c8b09ab1f9d27c8c6bb8f054530462.jpg

Then why do they allow players to get heat stroke on Visiting side in Miami.  "By rule", shouldn't the home team have to endure heat stroke too?

Heat stroke will kill you much faster than freezing to death. Like in minutes.

The League is backwards on player safety. They built a shade roof for fans at Hard Rock... Why not a visiting side dug out?

They  rules require the same man made help on both sides, i.e. heated benches, fans, etc.  One team will be on each side of the field. One side is always shady, the one advantage the home team gets is to choose which side of the field they get.  The home team is in the same heat at the visiting team, minus the sun. 

Until a player or coach suffers seriously from heat stroke, it's not going to change and no reason to change it.  It's the home field advantage.  The one thing the league may do in the future especially since Miami has got better so more prime time games is schedule them for more early season night games and more road games, even a 4:25 start would better.

Looking at the Miami schedule 4 of their first 7 games were at home, they had one Thursday night game ironically on the road and one Sunday night, but that wasn't till Oct 23rd.  Is Miami requesting early Sunday 1:00 home games in Sept, don't know.  That is one thing the league easily can control is they want.  No Sunday 1:00's in September could easily be done as typically only 3 Sundays in the season.  Give them 1 or 2 road games, plus a prime time game.

On 11/21/2022 at 9:33 AM, Einstein said:

I agree.

I know a lot of fans think we have a home field advantage with the snow and cold but i’m not so sure. We are the not the 70’s Steelers. We are a passing offense that relies on crisp routes and clean fields.

The Bills are 7-1 in post-Thanksgiving home games the last two seasons and 3-0 in home playoff games.

But yeah, no home field advantage.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

They  rules require the same man made help on both sides, i.e. heated benches, fans, etc.  One team will be on each side of the field. One side is always shady, the one advantage the home team gets is to choose which side of the field they get.  The home team is in the same heat at the visiting team, minus the sun. 

Until a player or coach suffers seriously from heat stroke, it's not going to change and no reason to change it.  It's the home field advantage.  The one thing the league may do in the future especially since Miami has got better so more prime time games is schedule them for more early season night games and more road games, even a 4:25 start would better.

Looking at the Miami schedule 4 of their first 7 games were at home, they had one Thursday night game ironically on the road and one Sunday night, but that wasn't till Oct 23rd.  Is Miami requesting early Sunday 1:00 home games in Sept, don't know.  That is one thing the league easily can control is they want.  No Sunday 1:00's in September could easily be done as typically only 3 Sundays in the season.  Give them 1 or 2 road games, plus a prime time game.

No. The difference in temperature between the SideLines in Miami was a whopping 40-50° cooler in the shade. At the Miami game they were running around with portable sun shades to try and protect the players on Bills side. It would be an amazing shitstorm if someone, a player died. Diggs was cramping up near the end of the game... Laying on SideLine...

Instead of rinky dink portable sun shades. How about building ones. The stadium now has a semi-roof to protect the fans.

We know what Miami thinks of player safety:

Tua_09292022(TNF).thumb.jpg.0a5e59ff972e9f6e71b503769d48e323.jpg

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No. The difference in temperature between the SideLines in Miami was a whopping 40-50° cooler in the shade. At the Miami game they were running around with portable sun shades to try and protect the players on Bills side. It would be an amazing shitstorm if someone, a player died. Diggs was cramping up near the end of the game... Laying on SideLine...

Instead of rinky dink portable sun shades. How about building ones. The stadium now has a semi-roof to protect the fans.

We know what Miami thinks of player safety competitive advantage:

Tua_09292022(TNF).thumb.jpg.0a5e59ff972e9f6e71b503769d48e323.jpg

I fixed it for you.  That's what Miami calls it.  You may not like it.  Is it fair, no oh well.  Unless the NFL requires it, it's not going to happen and not sure the league has the authority to dictate wha ta team must do other than provide equal facilities.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I fixed it for you.  That's what Miami calls it.  You may not like it.  Is it fair, no oh well.  Unless the NFL requires it, it's not going to happen and not sure the league has the authority to dictate wha ta team must do other than provide equal facilities.

Thnx... Until till someone heat stokes out, nothing will change. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Thnx... Until till someone heat stokes out, nothing will change. 

Probably, though think there's a better chance of it being either a coach or official as they aren't in as good of shape as the players.  Never thought about it, but when do the officials get a water break, maybe during TV time outs.  Meanwhile players are subbing in and out and getting water whenever they want it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.