I hate the Bills Schedule - Is this done on purpose?

Billsfan1972

51 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Knowing McDermott, I feel like they'll have something special for Miami. No way they just try a fry the bills in Miami and the bills don't have some kind of subtle jab to get them back 

What are you implying here?  The only 

'jab"  he is going to have is use the Miami loss as motivation. 

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I am not sure if the owner has any input into schedule preferences(I think they can at least make some requests), but it is idiotic that the Bills play at Miami early, and here in Buffalo late. 

It should always be Miami here in Sep/Oct, and at Miami in Nov/Dec. 

How come then the KC already in week 11 is done with their nemesis LAC?

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I am not sure if the owner has any input into schedule preferences(I think they can at least make some requests), but it is idiotic that the Bills play at Miami early, and here in Buffalo late. 

I think bad weather will hurt Miami a lot more than it’ll hurt us…tua can’t really throw an out in normal conditions let alone in wind 

The NFL has had the schedule rotation going for 20 years. So, only 3 away games had potential to give Buffalo a break from the cold weather. LA, Miami and Detroit. I think Bills fans have typically prefered to have Miami come here in December. My only criticism of the schedule, was I feel September games in florida, should be 4:00  start times. That would have helped a little. The bills have no more then 2 home games each month, I think thats a fairly balanced schedule....

The schedule opponent wise is virtually preset years in advance minus the conference switch over and AFC divisional common seed matchups. In regards to how the schedule lines up and when we play teams it rotates pretty regularly for balance, but every team has certain preferences. The NFL itself makes sure that everyone plays in division the last 2 weeks of the year minus a game or two here as it helps TV ratings when there is division races. Buffalo happens to play in division with NY and NE who both are northeastern teams idk what to tell you there. Miami likes division and conference teams early for the same reason we prefer them late. Now that BUF is good I would expect NE and in the future MIA to have both games later in season as its good TV ratings for the league and like the upcoming Pats/Phins games have big time division emphasis.

47 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

“I hate the Bills Schedule - Is this done on purpose?”

Anything that doesn’t go the Bills way is done on purpose by the NFL high counsel.

They knew the storm was coming and reveled in it.

Of course a joke but certainly not a fun schedule.

Regardless it is a lousy schedule.

The schedule's fine.  We were given a front-loaded schedule where we could play our toughest opponents while everyone was healthy.  Didn't work out that way because we got hit by the injury bug early, but that's just unlucky.  Also, it's nice that our last three divisional games are all at home -- they're going to matter more than we thought they might. 

7 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We play in Miami when weather here is still pleasant and the last 6 games are all against north eastern teams where the elements could play a factor.

Actually the whole season was played vs. teams in cold weather markets (except Miami & LA). 

Bills fans should savour back to back weeks @ Ford Field.

Anyone else have a schedule as bad as Buffalo's?

BTW Bass would be unstoppable kicking indoors. 

I agree.  It's utter stupidity on the part of the NFL not to take weather into consideration when scheduling the games.  Bad for the fans, bad for the players.  

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

NFL is handing each team their distinct home field advantages to drive the rivalry. It's anti-climactic, perhaps a lost opportunity, for Miami to play in the Buffalo sunshine.

8 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

We play in Miami when weather here is still pleasant and the last 6 games are all against north eastern teams where the elements could play a factor.

Actually the whole season was played vs. teams in cold weather markets (except Miami & LA). 

So what solution are you proposing? That the Bills play all their home games in Sep/Oct, and all the road ones in Nov/Dec??

For years people complained about this team getting screwed by the schedule makers (i.e. no prime time games and playing multiple teams coming off a bye) but now that those issues have been resolved it's crying about playing division teams at home late in the year when they are supposed to have a marked advantage?

Really perplexed by this.

9 hours ago, Einstein said:

I agree.

I know a lot of fans think we have a home field advantage with the snow and cold but i’m not so sure. We are the not the 70’s Steelers. We are a passing offense that relies on crisp routes and clean fields.

Agree.  Late season games in Buffalo is not always a home field advantage based on our style of football.  We are not a great rushing team and rely on big air play style, which is hard in bad weather.  

It's why I am not obsessed with home field in playoffs.  It's great for Buffalo fans, and certainly is if the weather isnt terrible, but doesn't play to strength of our team if there is severe weather.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Did you forget to hit "SEND" on May 13, 2022?

8 hours ago, Steptide said:

Knowing McDermott, I feel like they'll have something special for Miami. No way they just try a fry the bills in Miami and the bills don't have some kind of subtle jab to get them back 

Maybe we can model proper use of some sort of fans and outdoor AC units. Snow making machine like at ski lifts. Idk I'm talking stupid right now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.